talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

On 07/12/2018 at 20:28, The Palace Fan said:

The Dynamite Kid has passed away :(

I'm told he was a great wrestler that influenced a lot of people but I'm also told he was an incredibly massive piece of shit even for an era when being a piece of shit was normal.

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/12/2018 at 21:19, 6666 said:

I'm told he was a great wrestler that influenced a lot of people but I'm also told he was an incredibly massive piece of shit even for an era when being a piece of shit was normal.

Pretty much how Bret described him in his autobiography and they were pretty tight throughout their careers. 

He looked ahead of his time in terms of ability though. A bit like how Shawn Michaels was quicker and eccentric than everybody else in the early to mid nineties. 

5 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

TLC tonight. Some odd choices for the match stipulations. Not expecting much given how many matches there are and how terrible the booking has been leading up to this show.

Vince on Raw on Monday creates a potentially interesting dynamic though.

A lot of matches on the card. Some which are of no interest whatsoever and might have people experiencing wrestling fatigue for a lot of the show. More matches is rarely a good thing especially as it means matches that could be great don't get a lot of time if WWE doesn't think they're important. Prepared to see the SD Tag Title match and the Cruiserweight title match going 5 mins each with Elias/Lashley going 15 even though no one cares about that match. Looking forward to Bryan/Styles and the Women's TLC match. Would say Rollins/Ambrose as well but the build up has been embarrassing and for some reason I think they're going to do something dumb again.

As for Vince on Raw, they're obviously not happy about how everyone's shitting on Raw. They even had Rollins go out there and say that Raw sucks to get a positive reaction. xD I'm assuming a new GM is coming in, possibly Jeff Jarrett. Or he could announce a random draft in order to fuck SmackDown...

34 minutes ago, 6666 said:

A lot of matches on the card. Some which are of no interest whatsoever and might have people experiencing wrestling fatigue for a lot of the show. More matches is rarely a good thing especially as it means matches that could be great don't get a lot of time if WWE doesn't think they're important. Prepared to see the SD Tag Title match and the Cruiserweight title match going 5 mins each with Elias/Lashley going 15 even though no one cares about that match. Looking forward to Bryan/Styles and the Women's TLC match. Would say Rollins/Ambrose as well but the build up has been embarrassing and for some reason I think they're going to do something dumb again.

As for Vince on Raw, they're obviously not happy about how everyone's shitting on Raw. They even had Rollins go out there and say that Raw sucks to get a positive reaction. xD I'm assuming a new GM is coming in, possibly Jeff Jarrett. Or he could announce a random draft in order to fuck SmackDown...

Agree with most of that. I imagine there's lots of matches because they're planning to have Nia Jax, Baron Corbin etc have really short matches in case the crowd turn on everybody.

One thing I hope (which probably won't happen) is they let Drew Mc Intyre and Finn Balor have a long and very good match as it will do both of them the world of good when Raw is really crying out for people's to stand out. Oh, and Rollins drop the intercontinental title so he can go after the world title 

I can't imagine Jeff Jarrett having a play in proceedings on Monday but I imagine it will concern Baron Corbin. I hope they don't split the roster up. Partly because I enjoy the set up on Smackdown and partly because I think anybody moving over from Smackdown will get lost due to Raws obsession with larger than life men being in the spotlight.

Ok. Without spoiling too much...

- The kick off choice matches surprised me.

- Mixed Match Challenge was completely pointless.

- Hopefully that's the end of New Day / Usos / The Bar. Very good chemistry but in need of a new team.

- The Baron Corbin stuff was as good as we could have hoped for given the circumstances.

- I quite like the heat Ruby Riot has been getting.

- Nia Jax had the confrontation we all wanted.

- I'm very impressed with the way they have killed any momentum Dean Ambrose has gained since 2012.

- I still can't get behind Daniel Bryan as a heel. He comes across like a sex offender.

- Very surprised about four of the matches but I'm ok with all of them.

I have to disagree with you. Militant vegan heel, Daniel Bryan, is amazing. xD

As for TLC. Both Women's title matches were very good. Ronda seems like someone that always tries to improve which can't be said about a lot of wrestlers who just stick with the basic ringwork that got them to the main roster. Women's TLC match always looked like delivering, all three women are willing to take big bumps. The SD Tag title match was good, as was the WWE title match. Didn't really hate anything other than the Corbin/Strowman stuff. Babyfaces with chairs outnumbering the heel by a lot and then ending a TLC match with a pinfall... All wrong. Cruiserweight title match was also good. Everything else was in the middle.

As for Raw, Vince McMahon positioning himself as the saviour to the product he made terrible is hilarious. The fans bought it though. As Daniel Bryan would say, fans are.... tenor.gif

Edited by 6666
  • Upvote 1

I think they should go back to raw and smackdown ppvs. Too many wrestlers and belts getting 'lost in the shuffle' as big match john would say

Ambrose sucks. If you wish, I could write you an essay on the matter, but I once sat down at a wrestlemania viewing party with 4 dudes who liked Dean, and in 5 minutes had them all admitting I was right. Guy fucking sucks. Not surprised his match with Seth was flat.

I don't like Bryan to much tbh, but good match with AJ and a great match on smackdown tonight. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So who wins the Royal Rumble? Rollins the outright favourite, Strowman or McIntyre? 

The top 8 is fucking funny though.

Rollins $2.20

Strowman $4

McIntyre $5

Cena $11

The Miz, Cien Almas and Balor at $15

Then the rockxD $26 And Kenny Omega $34 are the next favorites.

CM punk and stone cold are the same odds to win as Cesaro or Kofi at $101 

I'm pretty sure Finn Balor is just there to temporarily appease people. Unless it's on last. Then I'm really excited.

I just hope to God that Rollins puts an end to this Brock Lesnar as Champion experiment in March. It is so boring watching the men on Raw knowing they're effectively fighting for nothing.

Vince has been pretty terrible since coming back. You can see he doesn't have the energy like he used to. Just feel kind of bad watching him.

As for the Royal Rumble, Seth Rollins to win the men's Royal Rumble and face Lesnar. Becky Lynch to win the women's Royal Rumble and face Rousey as the main event. Don't mind a surprise in the men's Rumble but the women's one is pretty much only between Charlotte & Becky.

Probably the worst takeover in memory. Still really good, but WWE main roster and NXT UK has bled NXT dry of its talent and it's starting to show. 

I'm also not a fan of this new match finish NJPW has inspired. The loser of the match will kick out of a finisher, then the match winner, will simply hit it again a few seconds later and win anyway. No baby face comback or heel trickery. Just 'oh he kicked out, I'll taunt then hit it again.' It happened a few times at WK 13 and now it's bled over to NXT

4 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Probably the worst takeover in memory. Still really good, but WWE main roster and NXT UK has bled NXT dry of its talent and it's starting to show. 

I'm also not a fan of this new match finish NJPW has inspired. The loser of the match will kick out of a finisher, then the match winner, will simply hit it again a few seconds later and win anyway. No baby face comback or heel trickery. Just 'oh he kicked out, I'll taunt then hit it again.' It happened a few times at WK 13 and now it's bled over to NXT

I think NXT will, and should, lose Johny Gargano, Tomasso Ciampa, Velveteen Dream, Aleister Black and Shayna Baszler as an absolute minimum in the next couple of months. I would be in favour of Undisputed Era going too if they hadn't been booked so shitty for their talent. It's a developmental brand after all.

They still have the likes of Matt Riddle, Ricochet, Keith Lee and War Raiders around to carry the mantle in to the next calender year. 

What's depleted them is how WWE have panic called up a load of people who still would have benefited with another year at least on the NXT brand. EC3 being the notable example, he hasn't really had any noteworthy contributions to NXT, but could have been a major player a long with Ricochet and Matt Riddle after the next wave of call ups. Lacey Evans may be talented but she has displayed nothing in NXT to suggest she will be anything other than a jobber. Then there's Otis will now be nothing more than a modern day Festus.

As for NXT Takeover last night I thought the show got progressively worse as it went on. War Raiders against UE set the pace for what looked like a classic Takeover, Johnny and Ricochet put on a classic and then we had the final two matches which weren't as good. The ending unless there's a surprise this evening was all a bit weird.

Enjoyed the cruiserweight match and both the women's title matches. Glad they had Asuka win clean as Becky was going to get back what she lost anyway. Both Rumbles were quite underwhelming especially the Women's Royal Rumble. Everything with Maria & Alicia Fox was pretty terrible. Nia Jax eating an RKO in the men's Royal Rumble was extremely satisfying though.