talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

X-Pac Heat is basically 'Go Away Heat'.

Triple H had it in Evolution when he was Champion forever, John Cena had it almost a decade, JBL had it when he first became a Champion, Roman Reigns had it until he was diagnosed with leukaemia, Baron Corbin has had it most his career.

When I see people going on about how MJF is a far better heel than Baron Corbin and Baron Corbin should just go away, they're missing the point. That's exactly what WWE want them to think.

WWE get that no matter how heavy people boo now, these people will be looked back fondly in 10+ years from now. People on Twitter have started going on about how great 2009, 2010 etc was and how much better those days were. I just sit there remembering what the internet was like back then and how everybody thought WWE sucked.

I will say only WWE can get away with it in America given how established they are. AEW seem to be trying it with Brandi Rhodes and I dont think they're in a position to do so.

• 2 weeks later...

Aew is starting to get a bit stale for me unfortunately. There doesn't seem to be any rivalries building and unfortutely they don't seem to have enough talent on the roster to keep it interesting.

14 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Aew is starting to get a bit stale for me unfortunately. There doesn't seem to be any rivalries building and unfortutely they don't seem to have enough talent on the roster to keep it interesting.

They've done some things a lot of people like recently. Brandi is back in Codys corner, and the strapping. But yes. The bridge they burned with NJPW may just kill them one day. 

On 03/02/2020 at 06:05, The Palace Fan said:

X-Pac Heat is basically 'Go Away Heat'.

Triple H had it in Evolution when he was Champion forever, John Cena had it almost a decade, JBL had it when he first became a Champion, Roman Reigns had it until he was diagnosed with leukaemia, Baron Corbin has had it most his career.

When I see people going on about how MJF is a far better heel than Baron Corbin and Baron Corbin should just go away, they're missing the point. That's exactly what WWE want them to think.

WWE get that no matter how heavy people boo now, these people will be looked back fondly in 10+ years from now. People on Twitter have started going on about how great 2009, 2010 etc was and how much better those days were. I just sit there remembering what the internet was like back then and how everybody thought WWE sucked.

I will say only WWE can get away with it in America given how established they are. AEW seem to be trying it with Brandi Rhodes and I dont think they're in a position to do so.

Man JBL was a great champion. I never seethed so hard before in my life, how he'd always get away with it. Granted, I was 10 but regardless he always boiled my shit and that is what a heel is supposed to do. I tuned in to watch him lose the title.

• Upvote 1

On 11/02/2020 at 14:29, Gunnersauraus said:

They bought in Jeff Cobb this week. They're heavily linked with Archer, Cage and Harper. That's a lot of big meat potentially heading to Jacksonville.

On 14/02/2020 at 03:51, The Palace Fan said:

They bought in Jeff Cobb this week. They're heavily linked with Archer, Cage and Harper. That's a lot of big meat potentially heading to Jacksonville.

Finally. Wardlow hasn't wrestled and neither has Hager. It's finally time for some thicc boys to go

I think aew definitely need to sort out their pay per views. Making it had to get in the UK and other countries definitely won't help them. Anyway I was glad they gave the women's title to nyla rose. I like rhio but it seems she is this John Cena like character that gets dominated the whole match then finds a way to win. Should be a good match with Chris Statlander. I'm wondering if hangman page or even Kenny omega may go heal at revolution and then possibly have a rivalry with moxley if he wins the title. All indications are that hangman page will go heal so Kenny turning would be a good twist. I like cheering Kenny but I think he could make a good heal. Aew fans will cheer him anyway though because they cheer who they want.  Would buy revolution if I could but gonna see if I can find a good stream.

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

Caught up on Super Showdown. Poor. That headliner was underwhelming.

Don't watch WWE. But they know how to make money. The fact is toys make money. WWE don't even need to keep their fans happy as long as they sell Roman reigns toys that all that matters. 

Revolution was good even though i had to watch it on my phone. Match of the night was the tag team title match in my opinion. The women's title match was unfortutely not great and was expecting better. The aew title match was good. Quite gritty. Not the most skill on display but a good match still.

Moxley beat Jericho

Edited by Guest

@Devil-Dick Willie did you watch revolution? I really liked it myself. I thought the ending was very clever. Simple but affective full marks to aew for that. I saw the end of the match then my phone ran out of battery. Didn't charge it and the battery was running out faster than I could charge it so not sure what happened after the match if anything. Missed the PAC Cassidy match and a bit of the Cody match because I had to charge my phone but saw most of the event.

5 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Devil-Dick Willie did you watch revolution? I really liked it myself. I thought the ending was very clever. Simple but affective full marks to aew for that. I saw the end of the match then my phone ran out of battery. Didn't charge it and the battery was running out faster than I could charge it so not sure what happened after the match if anything. Missed the PAC Cassidy match and a bit of the Cody match because I had to charge my phone but saw most of the event.

Yeah. Pac Cassidy is worth a watch. The tag match was brilliant. 

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Yeah. Pac Cassidy is worth a watch. The tag match was brilliant. 

Yeah I read it was actually good which I wasn't expecting.

What are your thoughts on Jim Cornette? Most modern wrestling fans dont like him anymore because he's so outspoken about todays product.

i dont agree with a lot of what he says but that doesn't stop me from listening to his hilarious rants every week, His rants on Omega in particular are great although i quite like Omega myself.

Thought Revolution was great, My favourite match was Darby allin vs Sammy Guevara. Dont think Cody vs MJF lived up to the hype but i will say that the right guy won.

Jericho vs Moxley was good too nothing special but a good match with the right guy winning again, It will be interesting how they book Jericho and the inner circle now that they dont have the belt anymore. Can't wait for Dynamite this week.