talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

37 minutes ago, Batard said:

Honestly. How Shit is reigns. 

Thought the opening segment of Raw was quality to be honest. He just said one line and he was out. Whether the crowd like him or not, they've made him into a big deal and I like that he's not sucking up to them trying to make them cheer for him. That was my main problem with Cena. Instead they're pretty much embracing the boos rather than fighting it. He's basically the biggest heel the company have had in a long time without actually doing anything heelish. Funny thing is if he started acting like a traditional heel, people would probably cheer him as that's how the crowd works now. 

Edited by 6666
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Thought the opening segment of Raw was quality to be honest. He just said one line and he was out. Whether the crowd like him or not, they've made him into a big deal and I like that he's not sucking up to them trying to make them cheer for him. That was my main problem with Cena. Instead they're pretty much embracing the boos rather than fighting it. He's basically the biggest heel the company have had in a long time without actually doing anything heelish. Funny thing is if he started acting like a traditional heel, people would probably cheer him as that's how the crowd works now. 

He is getting the wrong type of boos. 'Go away' isn't the same as 'I can't wait till he loses'.

9 minutes ago, Spike said:

He is getting the wrong type of boos. 'Go away' isn't the same as 'I can't wait till he loses'.

As long as they boo him rather than not care in any way, he's good and has his position as one of the top guys. With the amount of attention the crowd put on him, WWE know they'd be stupid to slow down on him. 

10 minutes ago, 6666 said:

As long as they boo him rather than not care in any way, he's good and has his position as one of the top guys. With the amount of attention the crowd put on him, WWE know they'd be stupid to slow down on him. 

Not if people stop watching.

• Administrator

Off script, angry Reigns on the mic is vastly better than scripted Face Reigns. But he's still continuing to live up to WWE's misplaced faith in him. Just make him a Heel already 

He will never properly turn heel now. Just like John Cena. The scriptwriters know how people feel about him and they love it. That whole promo on Monday Night Raw with the fans chanting 'fuck you Roman' and booing him for ten minutes could be the most heel reaction i've ever seen, and a simple yet boring sentence was the perfect response.

Have to say I was quite disappointed by Wrestlemania.  It did have its moments of memorable madness but overall I thought it left a lot to be desired.

The Hardy Boyz returning during the ladder match was a great moment and I think they'll work well in a tag-team division revived by the draft.  Would be great to see them working with some of the younger tag-teams but I could also see them split up by this "Superstar Shakeup".

The Goldberg/Brock Lesnar match was a waste (as much of their time in the ring has been).  It'll be the same "David & Goliath" build-up for every opponent Lesnar has between now and losing his title, unless it's Brawn Strowman.  Goldberg surely has to be done for sure now.

Most disappointing was The Undertaker/Roman Reigns match.  Not necessarily because The Undertaker lost but for that potentially being his last match.  It was poor with several missed cues and a boring vibe overall.  The botched tombstone spot had me cringing, especially when Reigns went to pick him up again after clearly being unable to support his weight the first time.  The final spear with him running off the ropes twice before connecting even had The Undertaker confused.

Entrance of the night was Naomi.  Loving that glow stuff.

On a separate note, I don't see the point in having a Superstar Shakeup so soon after holding the draft.

• Upvote 1

I agree about the draft. Raw may be struggling now the part timers have gone but Smackdown as a product is still a very good watch. I don't see why they couldn't hold off for another two months. 

**DRAFT SPOILERS**

After seeing the draft choices to Raw the only one i'm in favour of is Dean Ambrose. That was inevitable really as he's done the main event scene on Smackdown and now WWE can tease a Shield reunion. I'm very surprised AJ Styles wasn't bought over too for a Shield / Bullet Club rivalry. 

Curt Hawkins also makes sense as it's sad to see Sami Zayn jobbing given the position he was in last year.

As for the rest of them I think moving to Raw could kill the momentum of both The Miz and Alexxa Bliss who have really benefitted from the draft in the first place. Apollo Crews still had more to offer I reckon and Kalisto really should head off to 205 live. Mickie James could find herself getting lost on a more talented womens roster whilst Heath Slater and Rhino now look destined to be jobbers again.

The biggest dissapointment for me though is Bray Wyatt. Finally he made it to a Championship position with a great storyline involving Randy Orton and now he's going to spend a year putting people over and people will consider this a mistake in a years time.

What I would have liked to have seen happen would have been AJ Styles, Dean Ambrose, Eric Rowan, Mojo Rowley, Curt Hawkins, Breezedangos, Becky Lynch and Carmella as the people to go to Raw. All would have added something to brand and would have kept or sped up there momentum

Edited by Aaroncpfc

Happy Styles is staying on SmackDown. Give the people Styles/Nakamura in a few months time, let the people have what they want with that.

Ambrose going over makes sense as he was getting stale, The Shield won't be starting up anytime soon though especially when they're not all heels (in Reigns' case he's not a tradtional heel). Kalisto needs to be in the cruiserweight division, Apollo Crews was doing nothing as well. Miz will be lost on Raw, bad move to move him there. Not happy about Alexa Bliss going over, she'll do well but it looks wrong to have her on Raw.

The Bray Wyatt trade makes no sense, why would Daniel Bryan trade a guy who has a WWE Title rematch knowing there's a possibility of the title no longer being on SmackDown? Why would he also let that match happen at a Raw PPV. I just wish WWE would think for a second if things add up.

Expecting Kevin Owens, Charlotte, Enzo & Cass to definitely come over. There might be someone big as well a long with some jobbers.

What annoyed me about this "Superstar Shakeup" was that some of the moves were made just for the shock factor.  I understand if they were to do it, that it was probably needed to balance things out with regards to the quality on both shows but the timing of it doesn't make sense in all honesty.

Firstly, moving Bray Wyatt across to RAW is a good move but not when he's in the middle of a championship storyline and there's already a "main" champion on that other show.  It's now predictable that something is going to happen to cause Wyatt to lose as they wont have two main champions on the one show.

Secondly, what really is the point in having GMs select their draft picks only for them to move to another show a couple of months later?  Ambrose, Wyatt, Charlotte, The New Day, Sami Zayn, Owens...were all specifically selected by the GM on one show. Obviously in the world of sports where drafts actually do happen there is the potential for trades but not three months down the line and not when it's a major star you've actually picked yourself.

I'm interested to see how things work out but it's almost like they're coming to terms with the fact that they might have messed up with a couple of selections during the draft. It's always a good idea to shake things up and keep things exciting for the fans but the timing behind it was a little off.

On a side not, loved Strowman destroying Reigns.  Reminded me of the "It's the Juggernaut..." YouTube sketch from years ago with him just turning up at random to dish out a beating.  Brilliant and very entertaining.

The draw last night was interesting. I've grown up with Smackdown always getting dicked on in these drafts so it's rare to see an even draft.

The New Day moving to Smackdown makes perfect sense. With the amount of teams on Raw now they could have found themselves easily getting left out. Moving should extend their longevity.

Rusev should really benefit from the draft. They were running out of ideas for him on Raw. I imagine the scriptwriters on Smackdown will think of something interesting for Sami Zayn too. 

I'm not sure what to make of Charlotte and Kevin Owens coming over. I expect them both to boss it but from a raitings and quality perspective you'd think the creative team would want to keep them on Raw. Still as somebody who enjoys watching Smackdown I shouldn't complain.

As for the others, I wouldn't be surprised to see Sin Cara, The Shining Stars, Tamina or Jinder Mahal released in the next twelve months but at least now they will have a to impress on a smaller roster where they should get a fair amount of exposure. 

3 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

As for the others, I wouldn't be surprised to see Sin Cara, The Shining Stars, Tamina or Jinder Mahal released in the next twelve months but at least now they will have a to impress on a smaller roster where they should get a fair amount of exposure. 

Exactly. It's dog eat dog these days in WWE, especially with so much time given over to NXT productions.  If you're not cutting it, there's always someone behind ready to clip your heels and take your spot.  Sin Cara soon became boring after splitting up from Kalisto.  The Shining Stars was an attempt to rejuvenate los Matadores, which hasn't worked as they're not over.  Jinder Mahal looks ripped these days but I can't see him amounting to anything other than putting others over.  Tamina, however, is an interesting one.  She should be dominant given her size and skill but I don't think she has been given that much of a chance to show what she can do.  Time is running out as the womens' division becomes more and more competitive on both shows.

Glad to see Drew McIntyre (Galloway) back on WWE programming on NXT.  He is brilliant and has been excellent since his release in doing work for different promotions around the world.

I'm quite surprised Drew McIntyre wasn't just put straight on Smackdown given his previous affiliation to the company. He'd have contributed to the roster playing his face character very well. Him rejoining WWE is a massive loss to the rest of the Wrestling World especially the fast growing British Wrestling Scene.

1 hour ago, Aaroncpfc said:

I'm quite surprised Drew McIntyre wasn't just put straight on Smackdown given his previous affiliation to the company. He'd have contributed to the roster playing his face character very well. Him rejoining WWE is a massive loss to the rest of the Wrestling World especially the fast growing British Wrestling Scene.

They want a cuople of biggish names on NXT so they can sell tickets for house shows. They brought in Bobby Roode so Samoa Joe could go up and now they've brought in Drew McIntyre so Nakamura could go up. Wonder if anyone will bring up 3MB...

8 hours ago, 6666 said:

They want a cuople of biggish names on NXT so they can sell tickets for house shows. They brought in Bobby Roode so Samoa Joe could go up and now they've brought in Drew McIntyre so Nakamura could go up. Wonder if anyone will bring up 3MB...

I think Chris Hero, Eric Young, Roderick Strong and Killian Dain could step up if needed. They're getting an influx of established Ring Of Honor guys later on in the year too. The rosters going to be the most experienced it ever has at this rate.

Surprised to see nobody talking about Mauro leaving the company due to the 'bullying' he received by JBL.

Obviously, JBL is a well-documented asshole (see Blue Meanie, essentially any rookie ever), so it doesn't shock me, but it's starting to hit the mainstream, and it surprises me they haven't reacted to it because of that. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mazzari said:

Surprised to see nobody talking about Mauro leaving the company due to the 'bullying' he received by JBL.

Obviously, JBL is a well-documented asshole (see Blue Meanie, essentially any rookie ever), so it doesn't shock me, but it's starting to hit the mainstream, and it surprises me they haven't reacted to it because of that. 

I heard about this. Ive seen Justin Roberts, Ivory and Blue Meanie mention his bullying too. I wonder what CM Punk had to say about 'be a star' before his mic got turned off. 

Shame as Mauro is the best commentator since JR. His passion and knowledge adds to everything.

On 12/04/2017 at 10:33 PM, Aaroncpfc said:

He's having a match tonight at ICW's Barramania III in Glasgow.  It's a barbed wire rope match and I'm gutted I'm not there!  To be fair, there are others who could be having their last ICW match tonight (Trent Seven & Wolfgang, for example) as they're also heading to do some NXT work it seems following the success of the United Kingdom Championship.

On 15/04/2017 at 7:43 PM, Aaroncpfc said:

I heard about this. Ive seen Justin Roberts, Ivory and Blue Meanie mention his bullying too. I wonder what CM Punk had to say about 'be a star' before his mic got turned off. 

Shame as Mauro is the best commentator since JR. His passion and knowledge adds to everything.

According to reports, WWE are trying to get him to sign a gagging order to prevent him from talking about it once his contract is up.  His energy was great and his voice was something different.

A fan was even completely ejected from a show for holding up a "JBL BULLIED ME" sign.  Usually they take the sign off the fan or ask them to put it down but this guy was ejected from the event for it!  Serious business, especially as they promote their own anti-bullying campaigns in schools around the USA.

• Upvote 1

On 4/15/2017 at 0:49 PM, Mazzari said:

JBL has gotten his; don't worry about it. Knocked out by Joey Styles and tied to a urinal by the Steiner boys.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Spike said:

JBL has gotten his; don't worry about it. Knocked out by Joey Styles and tied to a urinal by the Steiner boys.

Definitely, but when the company fails to reprimand him, it's telling about the culture of the company

On 16/04/2017 at 7:35 PM, Jay said:

He's having a match tonight at ICW's Barramania III in Glasgow.  It's a barbed wire rope match and I'm gutted I'm not there!  To be fair, there are others who could be having their last ICW match tonight (Trent Seven & Wolfgang, for example) as they're also heading to do some NXT work it seems following the success of the United Kingdom Championship.

I imagine it will be. Vince won't be pleased that ITV will be running a series to a wide audience produced by the Impact guys and I imagine he will not want to risk any of the people he's given exposure too appearing on it. 

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned