talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

20 minutes ago, Spike said:

Just google 'reddit wwe streams. Since Reddit is a hotbed of autism they post HD streams obsessively for jsut about anything.

How are you finding the product these days? Feels like to me they've pulled their finger out a bit, and if what Cody has said about his wage packet these days is true, it will hopefully start a movement where they'll have to balance politics with entertainment a little better to keep talent.

6 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

How are you finding the product these days? Feels like to me they've pulled their finger out a bit, and if what Cody has said about his wage packet these days is true, it will hopefully start a movement where they'll have to balance politics with entertainment a little better to keep talent.

Haven't watched in months.

Some good matches, a mediocre main event. Chubby chinese chick, finn Balor and the cruiser weight title were all great matches, the cruiser weight tag match was half decent, the womans title fight was mediocre and the main event was predictable as fuck, with too many bodies for any partiuarly good wrestling to happen. Which is a shame when you consider how fucking great rollins and cesaro in particular are.

I will admit I laughed when the miz popped up behind angle like a sex pest and I thought he was going to steal the match. But that would have been too spicey.

Now we will have a Kane/Stroman feud, or a Stroman/Miz championship match.

Edited by Tanksie

20 hours ago, Tanksie said:

Raw isn't too bad at the moment. The shield are back, which at least makes Roman almost bearable as he is only 1/3rd as prevelant. And the Miz is making the intercontinental championship a real belt again with his mike skills and cheating.

The Shield as babyfaces isn't something I like. Only reason they're back together is because none of the three could get over on their own. And it's a shame Angle's first match back was wasted on this.

3 hours ago, 6666 said:

The Shield as babyfaces isn't something I like. Only reason they're back together is because none of the three could get over on their own. And it's a shame Angle's first match back was wasted on this.

I think Rollins is a great wrestler, and if he was distanced from that shitcunt Roman, and Ambrose who is an average wrester (great on the mic though) he could be a to face. Roman is beyond saving and I would love to see Ambrose team up with the Miz as a tag team. They have a great unique pairing chemistry.

18 hours ago, Tanksie said:

Some good matches, a mediocre main event. Chubby chinese chick, finn Balor and the cruiser weight title were all great matches, the cruiser weight tag match was half decent, the womans title fight was mediocre and the main event was predictable as fuck, with too many bodies for any partiuarly good wrestling to happen. Which is a shame when you consider how fucking great rollins and cesaro in particular are.

I will admit I laughed when the miz popped up behind angle like a sex pest and I thought he was going to steal the match. But that would have been too spicey.

Now we will have a Kane/Stroman feud, or a Stroman/Miz championship match.

t h i c c

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody watch it this weekend? With some of the recent title changes they look like they're getting it together again.

NXT Takeover was brilliant. The War Games lived up to its hype and the Velveteen Dream literally put himself on everybodys radar. Im not sure about the new champion mind as it creates a big imbalance between heels and faces.

Survivor Series was a good show I thought with matches the right length and enough action to stay entertained. Then they turned the main event in to a Triple H and friends reunion and completely buried the new talent which hurt the overall quality of the show.

Away from WWE: Ring of Honor is still going great with Global Wars being a success and Lucha Underground has finally got another series sanctioned. Impact Wrestling on the other hand the less said the better.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly, not great for mine.

Rawley vs Ryder was actually in the top 3 matches of the night for mine, so that says a lot.

American title match was very good, with a great result.

The 4 way tag match was very good

And all downhill from there really. The womans match was very average and disapointing baring 2 spots, and porky pig shouldn't be anywhere near the womans title from here out. Blugeon brothers vs the fashion police was horrible booking in my opinion. Breeze and especially fandango are fantastic wrestlers, and fashion files has been a highlight of smackdown for months now. While obviously they weren't going to be booked to win they didn't at all deserve a squash match. We got 4 of those before the PPV. Poor.

Then the big dumb match with KO and Zayn was silly, but fun and nothing spectacular from a wrestling point of view, and Jinder vs Styles was predictabe (knew the calf crusher would be the winning spot inside the first 30 seconds) and Styles was actually quite dull in the match. Not sure if that was intentional to kill the match or he just phoned it in.

Lol a lad I work with is a wrestler in his spare time, he’s one half of a tag team 😂. In all seriousness he gets a bit of cash for it and it’s his thing so it’s only light ribbing. 

Anyway he’s always sharing stuff on Facebook and one of the things he shared was the Jim cornette podcast oh it’s glorious, takes me back to all those years ago.  

As youtube does it suddenly pushed wrestling front & center after I’d listened to a few podcasts. I dipped in a little WWE is fairly naff, most of the booking makes no sense, the promos are shit. Don’t mind Woken Matt so much but you just know they’re going to fuck it up. 

I did see however the promo for Jericho v Omega in NJPW and that’s the best I’ve seen from a Wrestling promo since the heights of the Attitude error. 

@Fairy In Boots everything Omega does pretty much turns in to gold. Watching the moves guys like him and Will Osprey do is like watching the stuff you used to be able to do on all the PlayStation games that couldn't be real.

@Tanksie I agree about The Fashion Police but the script writers have longed it out a bit. I don't think Americans realise how funny they are sometimes. That said I didn't mind the Daniel Bryan ending to continue the story, I expected AJ to make Jinder look credible and at least there's a clean finish to the women's match and everybody can move on.

So a women's Royal Rumble will be happening. Don't think it's a bad idea but the way they announced it was atrocious. Stopped the brawl they were having and they assembled in a line quietly behind Stephanie McMahon with them then hugging and crying together after the announcement. Made all the women look small time.

On 22/12/2017 at 0:21 PM, 6666 said:

So a women's Royal Rumble will be happening. Don't think it's a bad idea but the way they announced it was atrocious. Stopped the brawl they were having and they assembled in a line quietly behind Stephanie McMahon with them then hugging and crying together after the announcement. Made all the women look small time.

It was terrible. As is the fact Charlotte and Bliss will not be in it. Combined with the fact Rhonda Rousey will get to bury people too. Fast forward.

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned