talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

Cody Rhodes has claimed that part-time WWE Superstar Pat McAfee regularly attempts to get hired by All Elite Wrestling.

During an AEW media call on Wednesday morning, Cody was asked about McAfee’s recent comments regarding  Shaquille O’Neal’s involvement in AEW.

“I didn’t see this comment, especially from Pat. Which is super bizarre because I’m pretty sure that Pat is trying to get a job at AEW like every other day,” Cody said.

Seeing Cody has baited up that irritating clout chaser has made my morning.

Could be Christian. Would work the best long term as well. They won't be able to do much with Angle, getting Lesnar will require a lot of money and he won't play nice when he's there, and CM Punk will probably get annoyed very quickly with a lot of people.

15 hours ago, 6666 said:

Could be Christian. Would work the best long term as well. They won't be able to do much with Angle, getting Lesnar will require a lot of money and he won't play nice when he's there, and CM Punk will probably get annoyed very quickly with a lot of people.

Good shout. He's the one I think they could do most with. 

I think though with what's happening with Edge in WWE it makes sense for Christian to stay there. Even if he never was considered a main eventer by Vince despite being one of the best workers of his time. 

Lesnar would be the absolute worst. His part time title reigns solidify everything the AEW fan base hated about RAW pre AEW.

I heard the ending was a flop. That's why I don't like these wacky gimmick matches. We know a man was never going to actually get blown up so what's the point? It's like when WWE did an eye for an eye match.

Thankfully for AEW the surprise legend was Christian. Was worried it might be RVD.

The ending did go wrong. Would have been better if they had got Mosley out the ring and blew it up. 

Christian was never massive in wwe. Was he just not booked well?

24 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

The ending did go wrong. Would have been better if they had got Mosley out the ring and blew it up. 

Christian was never massive in wwe. Was he just not booked well?

Edge was seen as the star so they never put much effort into Christian even though Christian was always much better in the ring. Even made Randy Orton have great matches.

There's even a story that Vince hated the look of Christian's face so much that he wanted a blue dot to constantly cover Christian's face on the screen. xD

10 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Edge was seen as the star so they never put much effort into Christian even though Christian was always much better in the ring. Even made Randy Orton have great matches.

There's even a story that Vince hated the look of Christian's face so much that he wanted a blue dot to constantly cover Christian's face on the screen. xD

Being a good wrestler has never been the most important thing in wwe.  I mean they gave a world title to the great Khali

Moxley isnt the best wrestler in aew but he is good on the mike and can have good matches. So there is enough there for him to be pushed for me. 

Edited by Guest

19 minutes ago, Moon Monkey said:

I dont like wrestling,  seems really fake to point of looking choreographed, I dont think this is a thread I will post on much.

There's a Film & TV section on the forum as well. Best steer clear of that.

I'm in stitches. Actual stitches. 

The best part, other than how stupid this whole fucking thing was, and Excalibur popping for Gilbergs pyro, is that Cortnette, the hated one. CALLED IT. 

He did an entire 30 minute spiel on how historically silly matches like this go tits up, he spoke about an electrified cage match in impact that was dogshit, and an exploding cage match where because of misfiring pyro, the wrestlers had to pretend the cage would burn them ect ect. He said shit like this isn't worth the risk of looking dumb and that too much could go wrong. 

But what does he know? 

41 minutes ago, 6666 said:

There's a Film & TV section on the forum as well. Best steer clear of that.

Lol what is the point of coming on a wrestling thread to tell us that wrestling is fake(which we all know) and that you are not gonna come on the thread xD

The funny thing was the way Eddie Kingston just lied there like he had been knocked out by the explosion.  It was like "Jon it's not exploded that well. Should we improvise? No just stay here and hope no one notices." 😂

12 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@The Palace Fan  So its Christian Cage. How do you feel happy enough? I'm actually glad it's not brock Lesnar he would cause lots of issues 

I said with @6666 that Christian is the one they could do the most with. Personally I think they should look to be different and not sign WWE midcarders whose best years are behind them, but if he shows the same passion he showed in the TNA good years it could work.

7 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Revolution was excellent. @The Palace Fan it's in YouTube if you wanna watch it but they will block it so have to be quick 

@DeadLinesman @6666 not sure if you watch aew but thought I'd tag you anyway just incase 

Just watching it now. The feedback hasn't been good. I'm sure they'll recover by Double Or Nothing.

5 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I'm in stitches. Actual stitches. 

The best part, other than how stupid this whole fucking thing was, and Excalibur popping for Gilbergs pyro, is that Cortnette, the hated one. CALLED IT. 

He did an entire 30 minute spiel on how historically silly matches like this go tits up, he spoke about an electrified cage match in impact that was dogshit, and an exploding cage match where because of misfiring pyro, the wrestlers had to pretend the cage would burn them ect ect. He said shit like this isn't worth the risk of looking dumb and that too much could go wrong. 

But what does he know? 

Oh my God xD

I can't wait for the inevitable Bruce Pritchard impression of what Jim Cornette thinks of this in five years time: "God Damn exploding ring, barbed wire and fireworks it was never going to work motherfuckerrrr".

• Haha 1

I'm not personally to worried if Christian was only a mid carder in wwe . Theres a lot of politics in  wrestling doesn't mean you cant be a main eventer  for another company. I mean look at MJF. He would probably be on nxt for about 5 years and then go on the mid card on one of the main shows.  But he is a brilliant heel. No one can wind a crowd up like him. But lets be fair. We'd miss him if he was gone. So that is a great heel for me. Although I do wonder if he may be a twat in real life which is why he is good at it xD

26 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I watch both on/off. That AEW ending was pathetic though xD

Ha ha yeah and unfortunately it will be remembered for that. It was a good event though overall. Apart from the best friends match all were good quality matches.