talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

They're truly falling apart aren't they? Some of them are nobodies, but some, like Eva Marie are people who JUST GOT THERE, displaying that WWE has no idea what they're doing when it comes to mid-long term booking. 
Kross & Scarlett, Lee and Yim, how can you not make something of those guys? Scarletts ass is wider than the planet. As if she won't sell tickets. Kross and Lee are monsters. 

Allegedly some of these releases are down to people refusing to get the vaccination which is fair enough. If you can't travel then you're effectively worthless. To release the others two hours after Khan's boast about 'better than expected' profits and Stephanie joking about 'bad news' is just synonymous with how tacky they are as a company. Its got to a point now where if you still watch you're contributing to the problem.

Taya Valkriye, Ember Moon and Mia Yim would be good pick ups for anybody providing they're not I the antivax crew. Keith Lee and Kross/Scarlett too. Albeit Keith Lee mentioned he was seriously ill from Covid and Kross/Scarlett left Impact on the back of sexual harassment allegations against Don Callis which restricts there working opportunities considerably.

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@The Palace Fan I'm a couple of weeks behind on dynamite. Just saw how close lance archer was to killing himself :o

Yeah. It's a shame at 45 he still feels the need to do moves like that because he's a good wrestler that doesn't need too.

Plus if he was scheduled to lose anyway they should have just called off the match after he seriously hurt himself.

31 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Yeah. It's a shame at 45 he still feels the need to do moves like that because he's a good wrestler that doesn't need too.

Plus if he was scheduled to lose anyway they should have just called off the match after he seriously hurt himself.

He was actually scheduled to win apparently but they changed the result. He was lucky in a way he was so close to breaking his neck 

Full gear was excellent in my opinion. I loved it.The first revolution was my  favourite aew ppv but last  night was better. All Out had a brilliant ending but all of the matches last night were at least good and most were very good. It didn't even matter about the not so good matches because you needed a bit of break. No spoilers but something happened that I didn't see coming.

16 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@The Palace Fan have you seen full gear? 

Yeah. 

It was good. Every match had its pro and cons. Surprised about some of the results but the performers made the most of what they had. Happy to see who they signed as the 'Special Guest'.

Hopefully we will see Bryan/Page, Punk/MJF and Omega/Super Elite as the big feuds going in to Revolution.

7 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Yeah. 

It was good. Every match had its pro and cons. Surprised about some of the results but the performers made the most of what they had. Happy to see who they signed as the 'Special Guest'.

Hopefully we will see Bryan/Page, Punk/MJF and Omega/Super Elite as the big feuds going in to Revolution.

I noticed a couple of unexpected crowd reactions. Some booes for punk, which I think is more because of Eddie Kingston's popularity. Also bryan danielson wasnt massively supported. I think part of it is because he is new and maybe some fans feel he shouldn't get a title shot straight away, where as Miro has been there for a long time. I think hangman page would be a massive fan favourite against danielson. Also there was clear support for mjf. Against a very popular wrestler it shows what a great heel he is. I mean when you can get people to hate you but know how good you are you are doing a great job. I've never thought he was brilliant in the ring either. Good but not great but that match was excellent. Arguably the best of the night. I'm not sure about the bucks now? Was that a face turn? Will they maybe turn on omega and align with adam cole maybe? It could be good as cole gets cheered like a face anyway wouldn't be hard to turn him face. 

2 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I noticed a couple of unexpected crowd reactions. Some booes for punk, which I think is more because of Eddie Kingston's popularity. Also bryan danielson wasnt massively supported. I think part of it is because he is new and maybe some fans feel he shouldn't get a title shot straight away, where as Miro has been there for a long time. I think hangman page would be a massive fan favourite against danielson. Also there was clear support for mjf. Against a very popular wrestler it shows what a great heel he is. I mean when you can get people to hate you but know how good you are you are doing a great job. I've never thought he was brilliant in the ring either. Good but not great but that match was excellent. Arguably the best of the night. I'm not sure about the bucks now? Was that a face turn? Will they maybe turn on omega and align with adam cole maybe? It could be good as cole gets cheered like a face anyway wouldn't be hard to turn him face. 

Think CM Punk getting booed was on the cards when they ran the promo where he came across very condescending and patronising to Kingston.

Fans like Bryan Danielson but I think they were ready for Miro to win. The result kind of took a lot of energy out the crowd. I don't mind Bryan facing Page as the crowd should be split down the middle but they've done Miro a disservice having him lose to Sammy and Bryan.

MJF needed that win after Chris Jericho sandbagged him at All Out so I'm glad he's on track. Hopefully he's next for CM Punk.

The Young Bucks stuff seemed pretty unnecessary to me but I imagine them, Adam Cole and Kevin Owens will reform Mount Rushmore at the expense of Kenny Omega in January.

3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Think CM Punk getting booed was on the cards when they ran the promo where he came across very condescending and patronising to Kingston.

Fans like Bryan Danielson but I think they were ready for Miro to win. The result kind of took a lot of energy out the crowd. I don't mind Bryan facing Page as the crowd should be split down the middle but they've done Miro a disservice having him lose to Sammy and Bryan.

MJF needed that win after Chris Jericho sandbagged him at All Out so I'm glad he's on track. Hopefully he's next for CM Punk.

The Young Bucks stuff seemed pretty unnecessary to me but I imagine them, Adam Cole and Kevin Owens will reform Mount Rushmore at the expense of Kenny Omega in January.

Punk did seem to play a tweener role in the storyline. Not a heel but a tweener. It's got to the stage now where I have to say I've been a bit disappointed in him. It was always gonna take time but two months in and it doesn't seem like he and the creative team know where to go with him. I found myself heavily sporting Kingston to be honest. 

I didn't like Miro loosing to sammy. Sammy didn't have enough momentum for that for me. I can understand him loosing to danielson though  because he will undoubtedly be a big star in aew until he retires. I dont think the crowd will be split though personally I think page will be a heavy favourite. Do you feel like there has been a long term plan with Page? It seems to me like his story has been planned since aew started.

What do you think is happening with cody? The booes are as bad as a major heels booes. Cody has said on his Twitter in supposed non keyfabe that he wont turn heel. He said it on dynamite and he said he started aew and fans shouldnt forget that. Originally I thought this was genuine but actually wondering now if it is part of the act and he will turn heel as he is kind of being forced to. I dont think it was a plan to turn heel but aew needs to give fans what they want. They cant keep wrestlers faces who are getting booed because they sell toys like wwe 

Edited by Guest

- CM Punk was playing 'The John Cena 2011 Role'. There was plenty of John Cena references in his match with Kingston. It's a long term story with him so it's worth being patient.

- Tony Khan has previously mentioned he always knew who his first four Champions would be.

- I don't know what's going on with Cody now which is part of the fun.

58 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

- CM Punk was playing 'The John Cena 2011 Role'. There was plenty of John Cena references in his match with Kingston. It's a long term story with him so it's worth being patient.

- Tony Khan has previously mentioned he always knew who his first four Champions would be.

- I don't know what's going on with Cody now which is part of the fun.

Do you mean the one where he said cena was like that big team he hated and no longer the underdog? I didnt watch it then but I've seen clips of it. At times then punk was so good you thought he was actually serious and it wasn't an act sometimes. Thats what we want. That punk who can do those fantastic promos. 

I do wonder where the hangman page character will go next. Hes been this character for two years that has lacked confidence. Now he has finally got some confidence and he is world champion so that gimmick has to be over for me now. So it will be interesting to see how the character evolves now and if he can keep it as good. Hes my personal favourite wrestler in aew so hopefully he can still be great. 

Its interesting that Tony Kahn knew who his first 4 champions would be. For me mjf has to be the next. As much as I like bryan danielson. It has to be mjf for me. He has so much dedication. He doesn't break keyfabe even when hes not wrestling. To the level where they have had to issue warnings at fan signings that he will act the same because he has upset some kids.  Hes also had fans try to attack him because he acts the same and they think he is being genuine. His dedication is incredible. In the match at full gear he had clearly hurt his leg but carried on 

34 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Do you mean the one where he said cena was like that big team he hated and no longer the underdog? I didnt watch it then but I've seen clips of it. At times then punk was so good you thought he was actually serious and it wasn't an act sometimes. Thats what we want. That punk who can do those fantastic promos. 

I do wonder where the hangman page character will go next. Hes been this character for two years that has lacked confidence. Now he has finally got some confidence and he is world champion so that gimmick has to be over for me now. So it will be interesting to see how the character evolves now and if he can keep it as good. Hes my personal favourite wrestler in aew so hopefully he can still be great. 

Its interesting that Tony Kahn knew who his first 4 champions would be. For me mjf has to be the next. As much as I like bryan danielson. It has to be mjf for me. He has so much dedication. He doesn't break keyfabe even when hes not wrestling. To the level where they have had to issue warnings at fan signings that he will act the same because he has upset some kids.  Hes also had fans try to attack him because he acts the same and they think he is being genuine. His dedication is incredible. In the match at full gear he had clearly hurt his leg but carried on 

I'm hopeing CM Punk is the next Champion to be honest but I want them to hold off on that until All Out. Have him win a feud against MJF and then have him move on to beating all the potential challengers before beating Hangman as a heel.

By the 'John Cena Role' I meant they took elements of the Punk Cena feud in 2011 and used it for this feud. Punk replaced the five knuckle shuffle with a finger and referenced the five moves of doom during the match. A lot of what Eddie Kingston said in the build up and Punks responses were similar to what Punk and Cena did too.

He needs to move away from that now, MJF could easily get under his skin and the fans will be back behind Punk.