talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

15 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Spike is correct. AEW can't hold events called Wrestlemania or summerslam or what have you, and probably can't name drop WWE wrestlers, but can mention the company and its events. 

I expect they cant use catchphrases either. Why dont they say wwe then? They have clearly hinted at it why not say it? Is is a thing in wrestling that you dont say it? 

So why is it you want new Japan stars to go to aew? Thought you liked new japan? I think if there was an aew event in England we would see osprey or sabre or  both. Even if it was for one night. Osprey is good as well isnt he? I know sabre is a very good technical wrestler, many consider the best in the world but osprey is exceptionally good as well isnt he? 

Technical wrestlers do well in aew. The crowd love it. They would be much better of in aew than wwe I would imagine 

5 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I expect they cant use catchphrases either. Why dont they say wwe then? They have clearly hinted at it why not say it? Is is a thing in wrestling that you dont say it? 

So why is it you want new Japan stars to go to aew? Thought you liked new japan? I think if there was an aew event in England we would see osprey or sabre or  both. Even if it was for one night. Osprey is good as well isnt he? I know sabre is a very good technical wrestler, many consider the best in the world but osprey is exceptionally good as well isnt he? 

Technical wrestlers do well in aew. The crowd love it. They would be much better of in aew than wwe I would imagine 

I was just saying If AEW are going to borrow NJPW talent, it's in NJPWs interest to make it great talent to attract new fans. Not just the old boys. 

2 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I was just saying If AEW are going to borrow NJPW talent, it's in NJPWs interest to make it great talent to attract new fans. Not just the old boys. 

Ow right. I've been meaning to watch all in. I'd actually love to see an interpromotional wrestling event. I know your not to keen but I liked it. It could happen I think. What wont happen is wwe wrestlers being involved. At least not at the moment.  Maybe when triple h takes over it might. But I doubt it. Which is a shame because omega v roman reigns would be good. I actually think if wwe did do interpromotional stuff they could make alot of money if they only did it occasionally. I don't even like wwe but if you had omega v reigns I'd probably pay to watch it. The thing is if it ever did happen they would never agree to loose. I mean look how bad they made wcw and ecw guys look when they were already out of business

On 27/11/2021 at 15:02, 6666 said:

Being big in New Japan doesn't really mean much to most wrestling fans. Should just sign a short contract with WWE to raise his profile (even if it's as "Big Spoon" Kay Black) and then go back out there.

Yeah, I watched Slammiversary and thought they made a mistake by just presuming every viewer would automatically know who he was. Thankfully they've got back on track with there booking since the partnership with AEW ended. 

On 27/11/2021 at 21:13, Gunnersauraus said:

@The Palace Fan was Bobby fish in undisputed era until he left wwe? I didn't realise. I thought he was from the independent scene. I was actually thinking wow this guy can wrestle for an independent wrestler 😂 didn't realise he was in wwe 

Yeah, him and Kyle O'Reilly were a really good tag team in Ring Of Honor called ReDragon.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

@Devil-Dick WillieHomelander defeated The Evil Mexican last night on Dynamite.

Called it months ago. 

Here's what I hate about the Cody thing the most. 
He's pretending it's 'ironic' its not. It's because he HAS to be a babyface while his reality show is on air, so to cover it up, he's taking an angle. 

@The Palace Fan a couple of weeks behind but I know the title match is at winter is coming. Thought it probably would be as revolution is months away. Interesting thing is we actually dont know what will happen. Sometimes title matches have been obvious but this one isnt. 

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@The Palace Fan a couple of weeks behind but I know the title match is at winter is coming. Thought it probably would be as revolution is months away. Interesting thing is we actually dont know what will happen. Sometimes title matches have been obvious but this one isnt. 

Hangman retains. 

2 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Hangman retains. 

Probably. But  we dont know. Danielson could win. Anyway just watching the dynamite from two weeks ago. Hilarious watching cody act like the crowd are cheering when they are clearly booing 

18 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I gotta say respect to cody and andre for going through that table on fire. I know cody is quite annoying but have to respect anyone willing to take that risk for entertainment 

@Devil-Dick Willie @The Palace Fan @Spike

@Stan if you haven't watched it watch it on you YouTube or itv player 

I love how many of the "Smart Fans" are losing there mind over how he HAS to turn heel. He's practically Homelander from The Boys at the point. Tony Khan's playing 5D chess while they're playing checkers.

14 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I love how many of the "Smart Fans" are losing there mind over how he HAS to turn heel. He's practically Homelander from The Boys at the point. Tony Khan's playing 5D chess while they're playing checkers.

Didnt you say he probably cant turn heel at the moment because of the show he has in america? Him turning heel might actually mean more air time. It might be worse. He only takes up a small segment I'm not that worried. To be fair if it wasnt for him we wouldn't even have aew. But at the same time aew say they give the fans what they want. But it seems to be expect when  it comes to cody.  Like I said I not his biggest fan either but I do respect what he has done. I wouldn't be watching wrestling if it wasnt for him 

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Weird bump TBH. Cody takes all the table and fire, Andrade cops none of it because Cody protects him so much. 

I think cody needed to go through the table to thrust andre out the way. Really the one who goes through the table should get pinned so it was a bit backwards but it was still great in my opinion.  Like I said I'm not to keen on cody but fair play that was brave 

4 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Yeah, dont begrudge Cody for protecting Andrade's face but just do another move.

He suppose maybe he could of put andre through the table but then he would of got the credit not cody. 

Edited by Guest

@The Palace Fan do you think the hardy boys would be good enough to have a title run in aew or maybe leave it to other tag teams?  No doubt if jeff hardy does come to aew they will be reunited. They dont really have anything to prove though do they. Not sure if a title run would be a good idea or not