talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

44 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@The Palace Fan dark and elevation are all the all about the wrestling though from what I have seen. What would you like them to change? They use to be more about storytelling but not so much since rampage started I dont think 

Firstly i'd hire Ian Riccabonni and Caprice Coleman from ROH to give the shows its own sepetate feel and to allow the other commentators to concentrate on the other shows.

I'd drop the current formula of short squash matches I'm favour of longer more technical bouts to appeal to those that were fixated by NXT and ROH.

I'd then split the roster in to three. You'd have your Dynamite/Rampage guys (the people that appear on those shows every week at the minute), you'd have your Dark people (the people who struggle for TV time)  and you'd have people that can appear on both shows (those that appear most weeks but just lose all the time).

I'd then develop a system where anyone appearing from indies goes through Dark first. Unless they're a big name like The Briscoes that everybody wants to see. Ex-WWE can go straight to Rampage/Dynamite depending on there standing. Steen and O'Reilly definitely but the likes of Kross, Scarlett, Taya etc should go to Dark where they can be major players and show how good they can be.

I'd also have a Mens Singles Title, Womens Singles Title and a Tag Team Title exclusive for Dark with the caveat of an 'Option C' type clause that can be activated by whoever is the Champion the week after one of the main four PPVs. The Men's Champion can go for the TNT Title, the Womens Champion can go for the TBS Title and the tag team champions can go for the tag team titles. That'll increase the importance of holding the titles around the time of the PPVs and enable good story arcs with importance on the show.

Call ups between the two shows wouldn't be seen as a big deal. Tony Khan would just make a call based on a person's recent wins/loss record and current story plans.

That formula would create job opportunities for those affected by ROH and Vince's dementia whilst keeping the likes of Brian Cage happy. Everybody wins.

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Do you take wwe seriously? I'm pretty sure they do silly gimmicks all the time? I'm not trying to turn it into wwe v aew if you think both are silly it's fine but I dont think you can say one thing about one and not the other 

WWE do plenty of dumb stuff as well. Big E being the WWE champion isn't something that should've happened for example. They've toned down his goofyness but they should've done that before making him champion and they also should've built him up before they made him champion. There's the golden egg stuff as well and Finn Balor being an actual demon with special powers... none of this is down my alley.

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@The Palace Fan I dont mind moderate amounts of goofiness. Even champions doing goofy things is ok I think. But I dont think a whole gimmick should be goofy. I like Jurassic express. But I think their whole gimmick is to silly for them to be champions for me. It's bad for the brand I think. I do think jungle boy could be a champion if he just becomes Jack Perry though. I actually think lachasarus is very good but dont think someone who claims to be a dinosaur can be champion in now days. Maybe in the past but not now. 

Jungle Boy's main issue is that without the gimmick, he doesn't have much because he's a quiet guy who's scared of talking. I think he said he tries to hide when they want him to speak. It's not a quiet but confident and charismatic thing either that Darby has. He'd be a bit lost without the gimmick in my opinion.

12 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Jungle Boy's main issue is that without the gimmick, he doesn't have much because he's a quiet guy who's scared of talking. I think he said he tries to hide when they want him to speak. It's not a quiet but confident and charismatic thing either that Darby has. He'd be a bit lost without the gimmick in my opinion.

Maybe. I just kind of get the impression he could do something less goofy that would work and push him to championship level. Maybe not aew champion for a few years but maybe TNT champion.  I also think lucharsaurus could be pushed with a different gimmick. It would actually be easier for him. He could be pushed at a wrestler who smashed everything in his way. He can move for a big guy. Like I said I like Jurassic express but  not sure if  the gimmick can get them to championship level. 

On 15/12/2021 at 05:55, 6666 said:

WWE do plenty of dumb stuff as well. Big E being the WWE champion isn't something that should've happened for example. They've toned down his goofyness but they should've done that before making him champion and they also should've built him up before they made him champion. There's the golden egg stuff as well and Finn Balor being an actual demon with special powers... none of this is down my alley.

Finn isn't actually a demon in keyfabexD It's supposed to be an artistic expression that's a big confidence boost. 
I think in NJPW he was a demon though, and could only use the paint a certain number of times because of it. 

Demon or no, if he has matches like this all painted up, I'll watch em every time. 

15 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Finn isn't actually a demon in keyfabexD It's supposed to be an artistic expression that's a big confidence boost. 
I think in NJPW he was a demon though, and could only use the paint a certain number of times because of it. 

Demon or no, if he has matches like this all painted up, I'll watch em every time. 

When he has the paint on, WWE have him as an actual demon with special undefeatable powers (except when God chooses to interfere and help Roman). 

• Haha 1

On 17/12/2021 at 10:18, The Palace Fan said:

😂 This is one if several examples where they literally towed Tony Khan to knock it out the park.

This week he had a 60 man iron match end in a draw.

Spoiler

The AEW championship match ending in a draw was shit. I'd have rathered a DQ. They booked themselves into a corner and took the cowards way out. 

I get the draw. I don't necessarily like it but I get why they did it. Danielson and hangman will have a rematch at revolution. I know some people will say miro should have got the title challenge but you wouldn't get ratings that match did. 

23 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'm looking forward to the show tonight. Hopefully Cody takes the TNT Title off that prune Sammy Guevara and we can forget he ever beat Miro.

Cody is such a prick. I really hope this is part of a heel turn.  There hasn't been one double champion and he is a 3 time champion. Hes the worst thing about aew by a mile for me. 

Edited by Guest

23 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

@6666

Tony Khan making a tit out of himself again by distorting the figures from that flimsy algorithm.

"Numbers lie and liars use numbers".

Don't understand why people don't accept he's gonna be a bullshitter like any other business guy. Too many fans think he's one of them.

• Upvote 1

@6666 I think people quite often get drawn in by rich people convincing them they are one of them. How do you think trump became president. I don't care about Tony Khan. As long as aew is entertaining me that's all I care about 

@The Palace Fan what do you think of Kyle o reilly being in aew? I think if they get it right it could be good. Hopefully we get undisputed era v the elite. Everyone wants it even if they cant call them undisputed era. 

Also I heard hook had a very good debut on rampage?

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@The Palace Fan @Devil-Dick Willie there are some fans who have speculated that cody is turning heel without us realising it. I have to admit if he is doing that, it's one if the cleverest heel turns I have ever seen. There have been a few hints is is doing that. I'm starting to think he is doing that myself 

I've already explained the whole situation. He's a heel, but can't be one because of his show, so it's "ironic"

Very clever... except Johnny Gargano did it like 2 years ago and better.