talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

9 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'd rather they get Ember Moon first. Mercedes Martinez is a good addition but as Tony Khan hyped a surprise her debut fell flat.

Toni Storm could be good to bring in round DoN. If there's one thing they need it's better women.

Ember is the better wrestler, but Storm has it factor. And an ass that sits in 2 postcodes. 

• Haha 1

Tony should've just let it go. I don't disagree with him not renewing her contract and I think Big Swole is making too many excuses for herself as she isn't that good but you're getting into a situation on twitter where if you don't validate complaining, you're gonna get backlash.

• Upvote 1

On 31/12/2021 at 17:17, The Palace Fan said:

I'd rather they get Ember Moon first. Mercedes Martinez is a good addition but as Tony Khan hyped a surprise her debut fell flat.

Toni Storm could be good to bring in round DoN. If there's one thing they need it's better women.

Shes good on the mike from what I have seen. I don't entirely agree with you on the womens division. I think the in ring wrestling is good enough for the amount of air time it gets. I do think they lack that all round stuff that you need in wrestling though. Britt Baker and thunder rosa are the  only ones who can do  very good promos. Shida is a good in ring performer but not great on the mike and doesnt speak good english.  I like Chris Stalander though. She doesn't do much talking but I think the character is good and she does a good job with it. Jade cargill will probably win the tbs championship.  But that's more because of her look. Although she has picked up wrestling very fast and could be very good. She probably could do ok on nxt actually because of her look alone from what I have seen

50 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Tony should've just let it go. I don't disagree with him not renewing her contract and I think Big Swole is making too many excuses for herself as she isn't that good but you're getting into a situation on twitter where if you don't validate complaining, you're gonna get backlash.

What has Tony Khan done wrong though other than defend himself?

17 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@The Palace Fan hopefully aew is coming to the uk this year. Most likely destination is craven cottage. I'll probably go by myself as none of my are wrestling fans. You going with anyone if you go? 

@Devil-Dick Willie what do think are the chances of sabre or osprey making an appearance in the uk?

Ospreay and ZSJ often wrestle in the UK for Rev Pro

7 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Ospreay and ZSJ often wrestle in the UK for Rev Pro

So that's a quite likely then 😂

I love a bit of technical wrestling. How come those two never need to wwe? Did they know it would be a bad decision? 

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

ZSJ wrestled in the cruiser weight classic. 

I just googled it and he didn't agree to sign with them. Do you think he felt wwe wouldn't use him properly ? 

12 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I just googled it and he didn't agree to sign with them. Do you think he felt wwe wouldn't use him properly ? 

Absolutely. The cw division is no place for the best technical wrestler ever. 

He's been in a tag team with Taichi for a while, and while I love Taichi, and damn, I mean he's one of my favorite ever wrestlers, and they're 2 time champs, Zack should be wrestling for the US and IWGP belt more often. 

@Devil-Dick Willie do you think wwe should push smaller guys who are better wrestlers more or do you think to many fans would still like to see big guys who cant wrestle as well?  Wwe is a different market to other wrestling promotions after all. It's less about the wrestling with wwe. I mean I have  I doubt adam cole would have been headlining wrestlemania if he was a bit bigger from what I have seen.

On 02/01/2022 at 20:24, 6666 said:

Big E loses the title. Good. Never should've won it off of Lashley.

I imagine NBC have had some serious words about how many billions they pay for the WWE rights over the last couple of months. Fox having Roman and Brock play out on Smackdown whilst NBC having a guy with Triple D titties as Champion does seem somewhat unbalanced. 

On 02/01/2022 at 20:24, 6666 said:

Big E loses the title. Good. Never should've won it off of Lashley.

You cant surely be happy with lesner as champion though?? I mean I know its the way wrestling works and he brings in lots of money. But he is never there and even admitted he is only there for the money and doesn't care. Seems like an insult to the other wrestlers. 

55 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Yeah, about time they gave Allie and Penelope more freedom.

Good to see rampage finally on uk tv. Aew took a while to sort out the ppvs in the uk and get rampage broadcasting. Considering the uk market is big they probably should have sorted it sooner