talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Tony Khan has purchased Ring of Honor.

That's good for his library but as for Ring of Honor and the industry in general I'm not really sure what to make of it.

Do you think he will run them as two separate brands or combine ROH into aew ?

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

@Devil-Dick Willie great match between Jay White and Alex Shelley in Impact last weekend.

Definitely. Shelley really grew as a performer beyond the flips and spots into an outstanding well rounded wrestler as he got old. 

Shame a pair of fat, soccer mum looking motherfuckers didn't follow suit. 

• Upvote 1

@The Palace Fan  I know they arent what they were but I'm really glad to see the hardy boys in aew.  I'm glad they didnt drag the story out and make it a will they get back together ark they just went straight to it. Apparently the music wasnt owned by wwe so aew could use it which I didnt expect 

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@The Palace Fan  I know they arent what they were but I'm really glad to see the hardy boys in aew.  I'm glad they didnt drag the story out and make it a will they get back together ark they just went straight to it. Apparently the music wasnt owned by wwe so aew could use it which I didnt expect 

The Hardy Boyz as a tag team wouldn't do much for anyone to be honest. It'll just be a case of doing the same thing again but with them being older.

Jeff Hardy/Darby is probably where most the interest will be as Darby is basically a young Jeff Hardy.

The debut itself wasn't done that well in my opinion. The segment was kind of cringe and poorly acted. Jeff Hardy doing a dance when he's supposed to be running down to save Matt, who was getting slapped around, didn't look good. To be honest, Darby and Sting walking down slowly to save Matt wasn't great either.

Jeff needs to do stuff away from Matt and Darby needs to cut ties with Sting as well. I know there's nothing they can actually do with Sting (which is why they shouldn't have given him a long contract) but this isn't it in my opinion.

Think Big E's career may be over.

Ridge Holland is gonna get enough grief and I'm sure he feels awful about it. But he's not the guy who should be doing that kind of move to a guy of Big E's size on the outside. And Big E is the kind of guy at his size who shouldn't be taking that kind of move on the outside to begin with.

@The Palace Fan @6666 I read about big E. Never mind wrestle just hope he can walk again. 

In regards to the hardy's. I think aew know that part of their fanbase is people like me who use to watch wwe then stopped. People like that are gonna  wanna see the hardy's again. They have been fairly good with the older wrestlers and used them to push younger guys more(with the exception of jericho but he had to be the first aew champion) so I imagine they will be used more for that and for some nostalgia. Jeff hardy has had a fairly good singles career but I can understand him wanting to finish it with matt.

I do agree the entrance did seem a  bit silly but they did pause in the ring so both slow entrances did make a certain amount of sence I think. Although  I think you are taking wrestling abit to seriously if these things bother you. Lots of things in wrestling dont make much sense.

10 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Think Big E's career may be over.

Ridge Holland is gonna get enough grief and I'm sure he feels awful about it. But he's not the guy who should be doing that kind of move to a guy of Big E's size on the outside. And Big E is the kind of guy at his size who shouldn't be taking that kind of move on the outside to begin with.

Don't know if it was down to Big E not getting a good jump off or if Holland was hugging him too tight but with better technique, big guys have taken that move.

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

Don't know if it was down to Big E not getting a good jump off or if Holland was hugging him too tight but with better technique, big guys have taken that move.

From what people who know more about the technical side of wrestling have said it sounds like they both could have done things different to make it more safe.

Was supposed to just be a routine hip surgery from what I've read. Not an expert on the subject but shocking that it could go from that to three heart attacks, having to be put on life support, and then eventually needing to have that life support turned off.

RIP.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Hall is the greatest wrestler never to win the big one. RIP. 

100% .

Had him, Henning or Piper been around ten years later they'd have had multiple reigns.

He has a case for one of the most influential wrestlers ever. Had he not jumped when he did the nWo would not have started and wrestling may not have become mainstream.