talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cricket

football forum

• Administrator

We dominated England over Xmas/January and now getting smashed embarrassingly by Australia. Such a contrast in form in such a short space of time.

The England vs West Indies ODI seemed more entertaining xD 

Also can't wait for IPL to start soon.

• Administrator

Australia collapsed earlier today losing 6 wickets for just 11 runs meaning we won by 75 runs. No idea how we won that xD

Meanwhile, new rules to be introduced in to the game. Including things like conceding 5 runs, losing a player temporarily or permanently during a match. New rules for bat sizes too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/39194258

When would players be ejected?

Offences and punishments include:

Level 1

• excessive appealing
  • showing dissent at an umpire's decision
  • Punishment - following an official warning, a second offence will result in five penalty runs being conceded

Level 2

• throwing the ball at a player
  • making deliberate physical contact with an opponent
  • Punishment - five penalty runs being conceded

Level 3

• intimidating an umpire
  • threatening to assault another player, team official or spectator
  • Punishment - five penalty runs being conceded and the removal of the offending player for a set number of overs

Level 4

• threatening an umpire
  • any other act of violence on the field of play
  • Punishment - the removal of the offending player for the remainder of the match

It all started with the Shaun Marsh non-review. He was not out, and Smith told him "Go" as in Go ahead take the review, and Marsh thought Smith asked him to leave. From there panic struck and we got out of jail. 

Also, Smith cheated with the whole DRS thing, asking the dressing room for advice.

As for the rules. Not to big on the send off. The rest seem okay. I would rather like unbiased match referees. Take yesterday's Test match for instant. He hasn't called up Steven Smith and at least given him a warning for cheating. The same match referee, Chris Broad, has a history of punishing sub continent players for minor indiscretions. 

I'm gonna put this out there right now...

I HATE T20 CRICKET! It's so dull seeing the same bowlers bowl to the same batsmen the only difference being location. The IPL is unwatchable on TV due to the awful Star TV coverage. Even at Glamorgan it's over-played loud music after every shot and instead of applauding the shot I'm drown out by some Robbie Williams crap. Maybe I'm just set in my ways. For me, the best cricket I watched over the last year was watching Hameed and Cook see out Ashwin and Jadav for an hour at the end of a fourth day. What a tense high-quality passage of play. When to play, when to leave, when to turn, when to keep straight. Was a pleasure to watch.

• Administrator

just heard that SA were 94-6 against New Zealand and now they're 349-9 xD. That's some comeback and now leading in the test.

Is anyone going to the ICC Champions Trophy this summer? 

I've managed to bag  quite a few tickets (with help of family and friends).

I'm going to India vs South Africa, India vs Pakistan (B|), Sri Lanka vs South Africa and India vs Sri Lanka.

All within the space of a week!

On 14.03.2017 at 0:56 PM, WhoNose said:

I'm gonna put this out there right now...

I HATE T20 CRICKET! It's so dull seeing the same bowlers bowl to the same batsmen the only difference being location. The IPL is unwatchable on TV due to the awful Star TV coverage. Even at Glamorgan it's over-played loud music after every shot and instead of applauding the shot I'm drown out by some Robbie Williams crap. Maybe I'm just set in my ways. For me, the best cricket I watched over the last year was watching Hameed and Cook see out Ashwin and Jadav for an hour at the end of a fourth day. What a tense high-quality passage of play. When to play, when to leave, when to turn, when to keep straight. Was a pleasure to watch.

It was the best cricket games for me, too :433_cricket:

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2017 at 5:04 AM, Tanksie said:

In other news South Africa are playing a pleasant game of cricket with NZ with both teams playing the game in good spirit.

Australia have a habit of lowering the tone of any cricket match they are involved in.

It's because sledging and banter is such a quintessential presence of culture that it infects everything we do. South-Asians in particular don't understand the concept so they get sincerely rattled like Glen McGrath. You'd be surprised by how many cultures just don't understand it. Every sport an Australian touches is immediately lowered in respect and class. 

Same goes for the fucking English.

The English are nowhere near as bad, in cricket at least. Anderson and Broad are a bit cuntish, but a lot of fast bowlers are. Nothing on the level of that diabolic little twat Smith. Total cunt all fucking series spitting venomous vitriol for 4 tests then apologizes after the series so it's all good yeah? No you little cunt grow up.

Smith, Warner, Faulkner, Mitch Johnson, all of them utter walking abortions.

Edited by Tanksie

2 hours ago, Tanksie said:

The English are nowhere near as bad, in cricket at least. Anderson and Broad are a bit cuntish, but a lot of fast bowlers are. Nothing on the level of that diabolic little twat Smith. Total cunt all fucking series spitting venomous vitriol for 4 tests then apologizes after the series so it's all good yeah? No you little cunt grow up.

Smith, Warner, Faulkner, Mitch Johnson, all of them utter walking abortions.

Report just in; Tanksie revealed to be 3/4 Indian, 1/4 soft cunt.

I play a fair amount of sport, use to play grade cricket, but currently only play indoor soccer and cricket.

I play both the way I like to see teams play. Respectfully, but with intensity. However, as I'm sure you can imagine as soon as someone takes it to the next level I am happy to join them, but you should never just go out there to be a cock sucking prick the way players like those I mentioned do.

On 31/03/2017 at 7:09 AM, Spike said:

Report just in; Tanksie revealed to be 3/4 South African, 1/4 soft cunt.

Corrected that for you.

As for the sledging bit, yea the whole concept of banter or trash talk is alien to most here. But the cricketers have started reacting since Ganguly. I remember reading posts from old Aussie cricketers how Indian cricketers in the past (baring people like Shastri, Gavaskar, etc) would simply nod their head and smile at being sledged. Facing Ganguly's team was a shock to them.

Now it's different. Almost every Indian cricketer (baring the silent types like Pujara and Rahane) likes to sledge. Also you cannot deny that people like McGrath were touchy cunts. They loved to dish it, but couldn't take it. The likes of Ponting, Hayden, etc were different in that regard. They could take it.

I think sledging is essential to the sport. Makes the game that much more interesting.

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

On 3/30/2017 at 10:46 PM, Tanksie said:

I play a fair amount of sport, use to play grade cricket, but currently only play indoor soccer and cricket.

I play both the way I like to see teams play. Respectfully, but with intensity. However, as I'm sure you can imagine as soon as someone takes it to the next level I am happy to join them, but you should never just go out there to be a cock sucking prick the way players like those I mentioned do.

Screaming out like a bunch of wild baboons always annoyed me more than sledging. Though sledging should really only be in the context of the player and the sport 'you're a bit of a fat cunt mate, you need the runs', 'you handle that bat like your cock', etc. It's when people take it too far like racial slurs, insulting family members, making it personal, needlessly aggressive and what not that I draw the line. 

I am thoroughly impressed by Rashid Khan. Hard to imagine that he is only 18 year old, but to show so much control and tricks. Spins the ball both the ways, and has an effective googly. The Afghans have a fantastic prospect. Is working under Marali and Tom Moody now at the Hyderabad franchise, which will only improve him further. The only shame is that he wont play a lot of internationals. 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

I am thoroughly impressed by Rashid Khan. Hard to imagine that he is only 18 year old, but to show so much control and tricks. Spins the ball both the ways, and has an effective googly. The Afghans have a fantastic prospect. Is working under Marali and Tom Moody now at the Hyderabad franchise, which will only improve him further. The only shame is that he wont play a lot of internationals. 

agreed, having a similar impact as Imran Tahir in how quickly he takes wickets and the impact he can have. Good talents there. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/17/2017 at 2:44 PM, Tanksie said:

Still not worth the price of entry though hahaha

Bet you would have thought differently if they had given you a teaspoon of Don's ashes. (Nope it is never going to get old)

@topic

Ben stokes lit up the IPL, and been the biggest reason why his team has qualified for the playoffs. Can't remember the last big money player being this effective. Players who are sold at a  high price end up being underwhelming, at least in their first season.

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned