talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cricket

football forum

@Stan

Better than Wisdon cricketers of the year

Winning a series against us in UAE is quite an achievement who was the last team to do that ? so you can see why they picked three Kiwis.

Same goes for India with their win in Australia 

Abbass is class and so is Rabada

Haven't followed the Windies at all so can't say anything about Holder

Lol only one Australian and he is bald 

Edited by Azeem
  • Haha 1

• Administrator

Yeah I don't really have any complaints for the team tbh. Perhaps would have had Pujara in there. 

Surprised Pant made it but that's a big feat considering he's relatively new to the team and already making teams of the year. 

• Administrator

ODI team of the Year

Rohit Sharma (India)
Jonny Bairstow (England)
Virat Kohli (India) (capt)
Joe Root (England)
Ross Taylor (New Zealand)
Jos Buttler (England) (wk)
Ben Stokes (England)
Mustafizur Rahman (Bangladesh)
Rashid Khan (Afghanistan)
Kuldeep Yadav (India)
Jasprit Bumrah (India)

Big achievement for an Afghani to make it. They (and Bangladesh) in the last 3-5 years have really improved their quality amongst the teams. 

I would like to brag a little 

We deserve credit for how Bangladesh, Afghanistan now and Sri Lanka before improved as cricketing nations. 

Bangladesh played most of their early series against us, we were the first team to tour them. From 2002-03 Bangladesh's A team played in our domestic circle.

Same goes for Sri Lanka. Lots of their A teams and club teams toured us and were invited to play different tournaments.

Nabi, Shahzad and lots of early Afghan players played first class cricket here. 

Nabi and Yasir Shah used to share their room during tours. 

Edited by Azeem

49 minutes ago, Spike said:

I wouldn’t have Kohli as captain but I am biased as I don’t like media divas like him and Michael Clarke.

How can you not be a media diva if you are the captain of the two most marketable teams of Cricket ?

Edited by Azeem

41 minutes ago, Azeem said:

How can you not be a media diva if you are the captain of the two most marketable teams of Cricket ?

I don’t remember players like Ponting, Tendulkar, Taylor, etc. being in the media tabloids because of whomever they were dating or doing fucking modeling gigs.

Just now, Spike said:

I don’t remember players like Ponting, Tendulkar, Taylor, etc. being in the media tabloids because of whomever they were dating or doing fucking modeling gigs.

That was a different era of sports in general and none of them dated a Bollywood icon

@Test team

Would have put Butler in there instead of Pant. Pant has done well (two away centuries already), but Butler was a different class against us and made some stellar contributions which shifted the results completely from a possible Indian win to England win in couple of matches. 

Happy to see Holder. Lone warrior against us with the bat and bowl. He is very underrated. 

@Kohli diva debate

I don't mind his modelling or commercial gigs. They have a short shelf life and need to make most of it. What I do mind is his and his wife's obsession to milk every achievement and make it about themselves. There were even rumours about her being present in team meetings.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9XvP3f782QDxQhWVpQ6U

And who can forget this infamous photo taken at the Indian High Commission in UK during England tour, where she had absolutely no business being part of it, while the vice captain was thrown in the last row. Same thing happened during Australian tour when the team went to meet the Aussie PM. It was an official visit and again it was Anushka in the front. 

She has no business being around the team.

• Upvote 2

@Azeem

Thoughts on this. That's racist. Nice to see loads of Pakistanis online are calling it wrong, instead of looking at it as harmless. Even the lad who tweeted this as a joke first has apologised. 

Surely in today's world Sarfaraz is going to be in huge trouble. 

Translation of Sarfaraz's words there, 'Hey Blacky is your mum sitting here or what have you eaten today that you're so lucky today?

Edited by IgnisExcubitor
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

@Azeem

Thoughts on this. That's racist. Nice to see loads of Pakistanis online are calling it wrong, instead of looking at it as harmless. Even the lad who tweeted this as a joke first has apologised. 

Surely in today's world Sarfaraz is going to be in huge trouble. 

Translation of Sarfaraz says there, 'Hey Blacky is your mum sitting here or what have you eaten today that you're so lucky today?

When did that happen !

He's in trouble but he said that is your mum sitting here (praying) for you or you have some amulet on you that you're so lucky.

29 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Not really racist apart from saying Blackyand he doesn't seem to say that in an Aussie way of sledging but he is in trouble

Naah man, it's still technically a shitty thing to say, especially to an African. 

The internet is going to make sure that Sarfaraz will be fucked.

• Upvote 1

Lol Sarfraz might lose the captaincy before the World Cup for this. 

Pakistan and India are forever sibling rivalry countries.

One sends two players back from a tour and suspends them for sexist remarks in a show hosted by a man that can bring out the gossipy woman inside any man, that were obviously a vulgar joke that we all do

while the other will probably remove its captain for calling a Black player by his skin tone which all people in sub continent do and his name was difficult to pronounce for him followed by a crap sledge. Both should have never happened in the first place

And all this in a World Cup Year xD  

Edited by Azeem

Slegding is only acceptable when it is funny and clever. Otherwise shut the fuck up. Most can dish but can’t take it anyway. 

Commercial gigs are fine what I can’t stand is glamour shot bullshit that makes them up to be haute couture