talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cricket

football forum

• Administrator

Pandya and Rahul have their bans lifted pending enquiry

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/46986463

India's cricket board has lifted the suspensions of Hardik Pandya and KL Rahul with immediate effect.

The pair were suspended and sent home from their country's tour of Australia after comments about women on a television show.

But the BCCI says the bans have been "lifted pending appointment and adjudication of the allegations" against the pair.

Both players had apologised to the BCCI following the controversy.

All-rounder Pandya could now join up with India squad for their limited overs series in New Zealand, while batsman Rahul might play in either domestic cricket or for India A in an ongoing home series against England Lions.

The pair's suspension was imposed after their appearance on popular celebrity talk show Koffee with Karan, which is hosted by Bollywood filmmaker Karan Johar.

The chat show is in its sixth season and this was the first time cricketers have appeared on the sofa.

Pandya spoke about "hook-ups" with several women and said he liked to observe women at bars or nightclubs.

He boasted on the show about being open with his parents about the liaisons, however Rahul, who is yet to address the controversy, was more reserved with his comments.

Writing on social media, Pandya recently said: "I would like to apologise to everyone concerned who I may have hurt in any way.

"Honestly, I got a bit carried away with the nature of the show. In no way did I mean to disrespect or hurt anyone's sentiments. Respect."

India captain Virat Kohli called the comments "inappropriate" prior to their suspension on 11 January.

15 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Probably the worst takeover in memory. Still really good, but WWE main roster and NXT UK has bled NXT dry of its talent and it's starting to show. 

I'm also not a fan of this new match finish NJPW has inspired. The loser of the match will kick out of a finisher, then the match winner, will simply hit it again a few seconds later and win anyway. No baby face comback or heel trickery. Just 'oh he kicked out, I'll taunt then hit it again.' It happened a few times at WK 13 and now it's bled over to NXT

It’s just not cricket........

• Haha 2

Asia Cup aside as i don't see the last edition as an important event we have been a very competitive team in the ODIs since Sarfraz took over the only odd thing is the New Zealand series which we had a chance in every game but couldn't improvise. 

And i can now say we are officially one of the favourites for the World Cup :coffee: