talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cricket

football forum

17 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Can't tell if the link is actually an error that's meant to link to a cricket highlight, or you getting a 404 error on a webpage was the best bit of action you experienced while watching a cricket match. Both are equally possible.

Edited it. The imgur link shows what I was speaking about. 

Four squads declared so far, with England expected to name theirs tomorrow. Loads of talk around West Indian born Jofra Archer being selected for England.

I am also interested to see who West Indies pick. Quite a few of their players are currently lighting up the IPL and could still fail to be selected. However, if they are selected, then they could be one of the favourites. 

The four squads declared so far. 

Australia 

tdp7Msd.jpg

New Zealand 

qTwUxNJ.jpg

Bangladesh

Dkv4seJ.jpg

India

7mACJaF.jpg

Of the squads above, I am surprised to not see Ashton Turner in the Aussie squad. The boy is quite talented and was impressive against us in their one day series win. Richardson and Behrendorff are quality bowlers. 

For us, there is a huge debate about Rishabh Pant not being picked. I agree with the selectors. He is talented but inconsistent and immature. Dinesh Karthik's experience is better and he is also a better keeper than Pant, though Dhoni will rightly have the gloves. A fairly strong squad, though I would have picked Yadav instead of Jadeja. 

• Administrator
On 16/04/2019 at 17:07, IgnisExcubitor said:

Four squads declared so far, with England expected to name theirs tomorrow. Loads of talk around West Indian born Jofra Archer being selected for England.

I am also interested to see who West Indies pick. Quite a few of their players are currently lighting up the IPL and could still fail to be selected. However, if they are selected, then they could be one of the favourites. 

The four squads declared so far. 

Australia 

tdp7Msd.jpg

New Zealand 

qTwUxNJ.jpg

Bangladesh

Dkv4seJ.jpg

India

7mACJaF.jpg

Of the squads above, I am surprised to not see Ashton Turner in the Aussie squad. The boy is quite talented and was impressive against us in their one day series win. Richardson and Behrendorff are quality bowlers. 

For us, there is a huge debate about Rishabh Pant not being picked. I agree with the selectors. He is talented but inconsistent and immature. Dinesh Karthik's experience is better and he is also a better keeper than Pant, though Dhoni will rightly have the gloves. A fairly strong squad, though I would have picked Yadav instead of Jadeja. 

I'm actually a bit disappointed that Pant wasn't picked but I expect to see him more regularly after Dhoni retires. I don't really see the immature side but I do see the inexperience. From memory, Karthik isn't really lighting up things with the bat and hasn't really done too much in the IPL either. 

I'd have picked Umesh instead of Kumar as opposed to Jadeja. I love Kumar but he's been off form recently partly through to injury so I actually think he could become a bit of a liability. Also surprised Ashwin wasn't picked either. 

Excited to see players like Rahul, Shankar and Pandya perform. Reckon this is Dhawan's last tournament as well. 

I'm going to India vs West Indies at Old Trafford so will expect some huge hitting. Andre Russell has been utterly ridiculous at smashing the ball out the park in the IPL. Don't expect that to change if he's chosen for the slightly longer format. West Indies have undergone a big transition in the last 5-7 years and now they have the rewards with some of the players that have come through. Really wouldn't be surprised if they make the latter stages of the tournament. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Azeem said:

A West Indies vs South Africa final would be like orgasm 

If South Africa had ABDV then perhaps. He's a big loss to them after his retirement. 

11 hours ago, Stan said:

I'm actually a bit disappointed that Pant wasn't picked but I expect to see him more regularly after Dhoni retires. I don't really see the immature side but I do see the inexperience. From memory, Karthik isn't really lighting up things with the bat and hasn't really done too much in the IPL either. 

I'd have picked Umesh instead of Kumar as opposed to Jadeja. I love Kumar but he's been off form recently partly through to injury so I actually think he could become a bit of a liability. Also surprised Ashwin wasn't picked either. 

Excited to see players like Rahul, Shankar and Pandya perform. Reckon this is Dhawan's last tournament as well. 

Tonight was yet another example of his immaturity. Needed 7 an over in an easy run chase with wickets in hands and he goes for the unnecessary big shot and gets out. Apart from two or three innings, he has been poor since the tour of Australia, not for the lack of talent as he has plenty of that, but terrible decision making. I know his natural game is attacking and he will learn to use it wisely with time and experience. He isn't ready now. Was also given the chance over Karthik in the home series against Australia and he wasted them all. 

Karthik may not have been that great in the past few months, but overall he has been excellent since breaking into the ODI and T20 sides since that Nidahas trophy last year. Can bat in both defensive and attacking way depending on the situation. Also a way better keeper than Pant, in case Dhoni gets injured. 

Ashwin never really regained his place in ODIs after that terrible Champions trophy showing against Pakistan. He and Jadeja were dropped after that. And that coincided with Chahal and Yadav's rise. Jadeja has done well to come back. But Ashwin is mostly a test player now for India. 

Dhawan has been lucky. Has run into form, just when everyone was asking for KL Rahul to replace him in the starting eleven.

@Azeem I keep hearing about Amir's bad form. I haven't followed your side, but has it really nosedive this badly?

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

The main talking point about our squad

- Should Amir be selected or not he has taken like 17 wickets in 25 matches but that is mostly in Asian conditions also his record in England is fantastic infact all the highs and lows of his careers has been in England. 

- Where will Sarfraz bat ? will he go up the order above Hafeez and Malik or he will bat at no 7 or 8. Personaly i feel Sarfraz isn't the leading from the front type of guy

- Imad Wasim has been a terrific all rounder in T20 and showed that he can be in the ODIs as well in the recent series against Australia but the ? remains on his fitness considering how long the WC is forcing it can hurt his career in the long run not just the team's campaign.

- Imam or Abid who should be the first choice opener ? looking at our unpredictable batting we will see a lot of rotating in our openers throughout the WC

- The young pace attack of Shaheen Afridi and Hussnain, picking them over the likes of Wahab Riaz and Amir 

• Administrator
On 20/04/2019 at 20:11, IgnisExcubitor said:

Tonight was yet another example of his immaturity. Needed 7 an over in an easy run chase with wickets in hands and he goes for the unnecessary big shot and gets out. Apart from two or three innings, he has been poor since the tour of Australia, not for the lack of talent as he has plenty of that, but terrible decision making. I know his natural game is attacking and he will learn to use it wisely with time and experience. He isn't ready now. Was also given the chance over Karthik in the home series against Australia and he wasted them all. 

Good test for him again today if/when he gets in to bat.

Delhi Capitals chasing 192 off 120 against Rajasthan.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Dark horses for me. Most of the players are in good form. If they click, then they can defeat any side. Shame Pollard didn't find a place. 

1243860661WestIndies_WC.jpeg 

Such a strong squad all round there. Really is a good team with quality all round for the one-day game - Bravo, Brathwaite, Gabriel, Gayle, Hope, Lewis, Pooran, Roach, Russell have loads of experience. Only seen Thomas in IPL recently and he's done alright. 

They won't even need Archer xD.

You're right that they'll be dark horses; I think many fans mainly will under-estimate them because they went through that period of being really poor and losing test status especially. Feel even luckier now that I'm bound to see a good game between India & W.Indies in CWC if the weather behaves!

51 minutes ago, Stan said:

@Azeem How you reckon your tour of England will go? 1 T20 and 5 ODIs before the World Cup...

3-2 England wins the ODIs and we win the T20 quite comfortabley

Some good display by the openers Fuck-her, Imam, Abid 

Collapses in the middle order 

Shah G will get spanked he sucks with the white ball exposing our spin attack we desperately need Sharab to be fit

Iman Wasim will and has to consolidate his place as a genuine all rounder 

Junaid Khan will be our main bowler if Amir fails in this series. Shaheen Afridi is the one to look out for 

• Upvote 1

AB said IPL is better than the World Cup and i agree with him (from an entertainment point of view) World Cup has been a snore fest for most of its history, previous formats were quite boring till after group stages.

Edited by Azeem

• Administrator
18 hours ago, Azeem said:

Since i've been enjoying making useless polls wouldn't hurt if i make this one 

Sorry I merged that topic with this one without seeing the poll.

Semi-finals between India, West Indies, England and South Africa. 

Shoaib Malik has some very serious family related stuff going on which hasn't been disclosed he has been given a 10 day leave and will miss the T20 and the first ODI.

To be honest he was looking like he was playing with very much stress for a while now, hopefully this doesn't has anything to do with his martial life

Edited by Azeem