talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cricket

football forum

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Stick With Azeem said:

Yuvraj along with Dhoni is my favorite Indian player.

About time he retired but what a career he's had. One of the best ever Indian players in my generation. Six sixes against Stuart Broad my favourite moment. His marvellous part in the 2011 World Cup win. His recovery from lung cancer. A legend of Indian cricket. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stick With Azeem said:

On a side note we didn't gave away a single wicket to the premier bowlers of the last two teams Jofra and Starc so far

Your tail-enders are wagging their tails buddy and frustrating the Aussies.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Stick With Azeem said:

On a side note we didn't gave away a single wicket to the premier bowlers of the last two teams Jofra and Starc so far

I think it's less the Aussie deliveries and more the mindset of 'every ball is a potential boundary'

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Spike said:

I hate the English for ruining the work 'Paki', it would be so easier to type and say than every single time resorting to the 'Pakistanis are batting well'.

Funny old world we live in nowadays @Spike, the Aussies can call the English Poms and the Americans call them Limey's yet it's classed as racial if we say Paki for a Pakistan.  

Just now, CaaC (John) said:

Funny old world we live in nowadays @Spike, the Aussies can call the English Poms and the Americans call them Limey's yet it's classed as racial if we say Paki for a Pakistan.  

It is a funny old place, isn't it? I never thought 'Pom' as a racial word anyway, more of an endearing insult anyway. Besides most Aussies are cut from the same genetic cloth as the English, it'd be kinda weird if we thought our race were superior! Kinda like how we both call the Americans 'Yanks' but I don't think we mean anything really nefarious. Also even weirder, 'wog' is a term of pride and not really that offensive back home (check out the Greek-Australian film 'Wogboy') but back on the Isles it's very offensive and referring to a different set of people!