talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cricket

football forum

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Are West Indies shit or are Bangladesh good...?

West Indies aren't shit. Bangladesh have seriously improved over the last few years. Emergence of some players in the IPL and just generally good investment.

West Indies are going through their own period of transition though. I thought they'd be better than they are but they have some really good players. Just need to play a bit more regularly together and they'll come good.

Shakib is some player. 

1 hour ago, Stick With Azeem said:

West Indies is the team most effected by the T20 mindset, their batting against Australia was a prime example of it

More about bad planning and injuries. 

Their bowling was only about bouncing the opponent out. Worked in the initial matches, but the next teams figured it out. You need a plan B. 

Russell's injury has also cost them, as well. He looks half the player. 

Kinda disappointed with them. But nice of Bangladesh to win. The top four was threatening to stretch away, but Bangladesh keep things interesting.

Kiwis have tough matches and England's injury troubles could cost one of those two sides a place in the semis.

Windies and/or Pakistan are going to stop somebody from getting to the semis. 

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

More about bad planning and injuries. 

Their bowling was only about bouncing the opponent out. Worked in the initial matches, but the next teams figured it out. You need a plan B. 

Russell's injury has also cost them, as well. He looks half the player. 

Kinda disappointed with them. But nice of Bangladesh to win. The top four was threatening to stretch away, but Bangladesh keep things interesting.

Kiwis have tough matches and England's injury troubles could cost one of those two sides a place in the semis.

Windies and/or Pakistan are going to stop somebody from getting to the semis. 

England will be fine. Roy is a big miss but they've got enough in the rest of the squad to still build big totals/chase targets.

I meant the individual approach of players towards the longer format, we are also effected by it. A lot of their players and ours will be happy playing T20 leagues around the world because of the internal politics that happens playing for the country and they will get better paid as well.

Edited by Stick With Azeem

Rashid Khan might turn out to be like Ajanta Mendis, doesn't has much bounce in his bowling like him great start to his career but his career trajectory might not quite hit the early promise because batsmen will just learn how to play him better.

Edited by Stick With Azeem

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

I feel like the top four is basically done. Just a matter of what order they finish in.

I disagree. Bangladesh have their own life in their hands. Beat Australia tonight then their last game is against Afghanistan, whereas Australia will have England to go. 

Edited by Devil-Dick Willie
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Toinho said:

No chance Bangladesh are winning this. 

Have any of you lot in the UK gone to any games or plan to? I would for sure! 

Still think NZ or England will win this WC. Love how shit South Africa are doing. 

Yeah Australia batting first was always going to lead to a high total. Bangladesh will score well but can't see Australia losing this. Warner and Finch are class batsman.

Not gone to any games yet but going to India vs West Indies (Old Trafford) next Thursday and then India vs Bangladesh (Edgbaston) the Tuesday after. Praying for no rain but knowing my luck I see no cricket at all. 

South Africa doing badly I don't like to see! They have some really good players (De Kock, Du Plessis, Van Der Dussen, Rabada, Tahir to name few!) but seem to have no direction at all and it hurts them so bad with the lack of it. They could be world class but right now they're amateur. 

• Upvote 1