talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cricket

football forum

• Administrator

Apparently atmosphere has been quality in first session. Especially with the early wickets.

Going tomorrow so hopefully should see a lot of play. Weather's meant to be decent. 

• Administrator

Dale Steyn retires from cricket. One of the best modern-day bowlers in the game.

A career blighted by injury in the last few years but my word he was one hell of a bowler throughout his career. One of my favourites, actually. 

14 hours ago, Stan said:

Dale Steyn retires from cricket. One of the best modern-day bowlers in the game.

A career blighted by injury in the last few years but my word he was one hell of a bowler throughout his career. One of my favourites, actually. 

Performed against everyone and everywhere, top 5 all time greats of tests in my records. 

• Administrator
36 minutes ago, Stick With Azeem said:

Performed against everyone and everywhere, top 5 all time greats of tests in my records. 

Yeah, not a bad call really. 

Think he's the only bowler to take 5+ wicket hauls against all test playing nations at the time (9 teams). Impressive. 

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Stick With Azeem said:

@Stan Do you follow this Vitality T20 blast tournament ? Looks a nice T20 tournament to me, exciting T20 action but without the scandals and glamour that overshadows the spirit of the game.

Also Babar Azam is doing well !

Yes mate. Don't get to watch too many games as even Sky don't show much but yesterday was quality. Leicestershire don't win many games so to see them thrash a side is a rarity! 

Babar doing well for sure. Everytime I see a scorecard he's always hit a decent knock. 

I see Amir is playing as well. Middlesex have De Villiers! 

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

So in cricket is it just excepted that  county cricket teams loose their best players to international duty? Do they have to compensate the county teams? @Stan

I don't think so. As far as I'm aware the central contract means that the players are paid by the ECB and not the county club, who only pay them by appearance?

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

So in cricket is it just excepted that  county cricket teams loose their best players to international duty? Do they have to compensate the county teams? @Stan

2 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I don't think so. As far as I'm aware the central contract means that the players are paid by the ECB and not the county club, who only pay them by appearance?

Pretty much. 

Counties just have to live with it really. 

On 13/08/2019 at 23:54, Toinho said:

Is it just me that dislikes T20? Despite the Perth Scorchers being (or have been) the best side over the last 6-7 years I’ve never been to a game. 

I despise t20. It's a game which doesn't have the balance aspect fundamental to cricket. It's a game for our generation who are unable to concentrate long enough to enjoy proper cricket. 

• Upvote 1

Archer didn’t even look like he went over and was laughing? I was only half paying attention because that was some blow. Smith, despite who’s leadership rightly should be called into question, is an absolutely phenomenal cricketer who’s been in fine form. Hope he’s alright.