talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cricket

football forum

• Administrator

There'll definitely be a response to this defeat, like how there was in Australia. 

Root definitely star of it. Backed up by Stokes and Sibley in first innings and then by his bowlers for both of ours. 

It's a memorable victory for England against the odds but it sets up the series in an even more tense way, especially with the consequences for who qualifies for the Test Championship finals against NZ. 

Some of our players need to pull their fingers out though. Rohit looks complacent, Rahane offered nothing, some of the bowlers in first innings didn't apply enough pressure. Disappointing from some of the more experienced heads. 

We missed Jadeja at times. Ashwin can only do so much by himself with spin bowling, and Pant can only do so much with his style and approach (which I do love). 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

My boy nohit looking for major runs. 

I wanted him dropped after the 1st test. Shows how much I know xD 

Looking forward to seeing what our spinners do on this pitch...

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I wonder if India will enforce the follow on if they can get the opportunity? I would. 

I don't think we would have. Neither side wants to bat last on this surface. 

England avoided it anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Another quality take from Pant. Just about held on. 

Went at him quick

I'm not certain India would have needed to bat a second time at all, and I certainly couldn't see England getting the 350+ they'd need to make India sweat at all. 

Honestly, my plan if I'm India here now. Open with Rohit and Gill as normal. Kholi at 3, Pant at 4. Rahane and Pujara at 5-6 if necessary. Score 250+ if you can as quick as you can. 

• Administrator
53 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Went at him quick

I'm not certain India would have needed to bat a second time at all, and I certainly couldn't see England getting the 350+ they'd need to make India sweat at all. 

Honestly, my plan if I'm India here now. Open with Rohit and Gill as normal. Kholi at 3, Pant at 4. Rahane and Pujara at 5-6 if necessary. Score 250+ if you can as quick as you can. 

Yep, I'd even get Pant in at 3. Think he bats there for Delhi Daredevils in IPL. Let him smash a few out the park if possible. 

33 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

And back down to earth.

To be fair, this was all done at the coin toss. Winning that was very important. We just did even better to get such a high first innings score. 

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Great player old Ashwin. Good on him. 

Looking at the reaction of Siraj and other players, so much for teammates not liking him, as Tim Paine once said xD

• Administrator
Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Paine is one of the worlds greatest fuckwits, who was only picked as a keeper after Wade, Neville and someone else all failed. 

I know mate. He's a knobhead. All talk with nothing to show for it.