talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cricket

football forum

And it becomes a collapse. 
Burns run out for 0
Crawley gets a decent ball, but should have done better, either committing to a flick or used softer hands to defend. 
Then England get a partnership going, 49 runs from 82 balls. Good strike rate, only 2 down, and rebuilding the innings. 
Cue Malan giving his wicket away, with the horrible strangle down leg. Cue the collapse. 
Root then goes trapped in front
Stokes then goes to a decent bit of fielding but poor batting.

Odds on Pope or Billings to be gone before tea? Or 2 more wickets this session? England looking at a sub 200 score. Sub 150 even. 

2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

South Africa might not be brilliant, but continue to be a graveyard for captains. Kohli gone. 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Reckon it was on the cards anyway. 

Stepped down or ‘had to step down’ is the question

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Spike said:

Stepped down or ‘had to step down’ is the question

Think there were some rumblings of disagreement about the ODI captaincy too. So the latter may not to too far from the truth... 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Think there were some rumblings of disagreement about the ODI captaincy too. So the latter may not to too far from the truth... 

I’m not too clued in on the Indian cricket team social hierarchy, so who would be next to be captain?

Also, I have been meaning to ask someone more in the know of Indian culture, but is there still a latent ‘caste system’ in place with people having particular biases? would this affect the team selection?

• Administrator
56 minutes ago, Spike said:

I’m not too clued in on the Indian cricket team social hierarchy, so who would be next to be captain?

Also, I have been meaning to ask someone more in the know of Indian culture, but is there still a latent ‘caste system’ in place with people having particular biases? would this affect the team selection?

No idea really - to follow that drive and determination and vocal passion on the pitch, I can't see it being anyone like Rahane (current VC) or Pujara. My preference would be Pant - some might say he's too immature but then so was Kohli and then to a lesser extent, Dhoni. We need someone who follows in that mould of character and one person to be reliable to deliver regardless of match situation, but more importantly when we need to dig in, and Pant has already done that. 

As for caste system for selection, I don't know. With it being 2022 and 21st century, I'd like to think not! 

Would be huge for England to win this one. After the 3rd test, and for most of the 4th you'd swear blind Australia were gonna win 5-0. 1 wicket away in Sydney, and if England get a win here, 3-1 looks MUCH better than a 5-0 drubbing (again). A gutsy 270 chase would restore some pride in the team and give the players something to build on. 

On 31/12/2021 at 12:21, Khan of TF365 said:

T20 franchise leagues are the best thing happened for cricketers individually. Outside the rich teams/institutions most national teams can’t/don't pay players their market-determind worth i.e Pakistani players get paid less by board than Bangladesh.

Free market in cricket didn't existed before now it does, that’s telling a player they are worth sometimes double or triple the amount they get paid.

FJ382fwXsAcVjwc?format=jpg&name=large

• Administrator

This T20 series between England and WI has been good. 

Some massive hitting last night. Brilliant ton by Rovman Powell. Surprised to hear he is only the 3rd WI player to get a T20 ton. 

simon harmer recalled after his exile playing as a Kolpak player.    We tour New Zealand next which will be a tough series but there is a lot of confidence in the team right now.

The ODI side is very exciting,  Van der Dussen and Bavuma have really forged an exciting middle order pair that we also hope carries over to test cricket.    Our current test side is a little light in the middle order now with QDK retiring,  Pietersen and Van der Dussen give optimism and then there is Dewald Brevis who is making a reputation for himself rather quickly.

Our bowling is rather solid,  we have about 6 good seamers to choose from and Mark Boucher has put focus on the teams ability to utilize spin better and play it better. 

3 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

simon harmer recalled after his exile playing as a Kolpak player.    We tour New Zealand next which will be a tough series but there is a lot of confidence in the team right now.

The ODI side is very exciting,  Van der Dussen and Bavuma have really forged an exciting middle order pair that we also hope carries over to test cricket.    Our current test side is a little light in the middle order now with QDK retiring,  Pietersen and Van der Dussen give optimism and then there is Dewald Brevis who is making a reputation for himself rather quickly.

Our bowling is rather solid,  we have about 6 good seamers to choose from and Mark Boucher has put focus on the teams ability to utilize spin better and play it better. 

I'd say we have more than 6 seamers. But our batting is gash. 

Dewald Brevis broke the U19 WC record with 506 Runs at 88 average for the tournament.    Only 1 score under 50.   He is called Baby AB for a reason and the shot range is unlimited,  he hits the ball everywhere and hard.    18 years now but like Rabada he will be in the Proteas line up soon.

Ryan Rickelton 25 year old Wicket Keeper batsmen leading the FC tournament  in runs,  currently averaging 52.  In 40 innings he has 10 hundreds, 10 50's and 7 scores over 40.   

The future is looking good for SA cricket. 

Brevis, Raynard Van Tonder (23) and Rickelton (25) along with KP (28) then some veteran hands in Elgar, Bavuma and Van der Dussen. 

Edited by OrangeKhrush