talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cricket

football forum

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Spike said:

Actually the reason I hate it is because as a kid half the time we spent playing cricket was arguing about stupid bullshit like that.  You’d be in the crease and some shitty little kid would illegally mankad you and argue about it all afternoon.

The issue being 'illegally mankad' there when you were a kid. Regardless, Sharma Mankading yesterday was legal. 

Or perhaps you need to move on from something minor that happened to you when you were younger :D

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

The issue being 'illegally mankad' there when you were a kid. Regardless, Sharma Mankading yesterday was legal. 

Or perhaps you need to move on from something minor that happened to you when you were younger :D

You say it is minor but you know the feeling of just trying to have fun and someone ruining it. Like those kids that would throw tantrums and ruin it for everyone.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Spike said:

You say it is minor but you know the feeling of just trying to have fun and someone ruining it. Like those kids that would throw tantrums and ruin it for everyone.

Oh of course, but as a kid. 

Like when the older kids took the ball and didn't give it back. 

But that was as a kid when younger. 

I wouldn't say it ruined the fun yesterday (well for England maybe). Its part of the game. Even Charlie Dean went to mankad someone today in a game but the batsman was in her crease... 

40 minutes ago, Stan said:

Oh of course, but as a kid. 

Like when the older kids took the ball and didn't give it back. 

But that was as a kid when younger. 

I wouldn't say it ruined the fun yesterday (well for England maybe). Its part of the game. Even Charlie Dean went to mankad someone today in a game but the batsman was in her crease... 

It ruins the fun for me, it's just a personal preference but I think it's a pretty lame wicket, perfectly fine in regards to the rules, that isn't what is a stickler for me. I just think it's really boring and anti-climatic.

3 hours ago, Beelzebub said:

Do a probe into the 1999 WC final headed by CIA & KGB and an Arab Sheikh's personal hit squad. If fixing is found (which it is) Wasim Akram should be jailed and his records erased from the game. 

What makes you say that

• Administrator

The Pakistan vs England series has been very good to watch. Some entertaining cricket on show. Babar Azam and Rizwan (if fit) will be stars at the World Cup for sure. 

Thought 7-match T20 series was a bit overkill but I guess on one hand it's good practice/preparation for all players before the World Cup, and gives selectors a good eye for who to select. But it's still a hell of a lot for one format. 

3-3 going into the decider tomorrow.

• Administrator
On 07/10/2022 at 05:06, Beelzebub said:

When was the last time a fast bowler was captain of any team ? Akram 2003 !?

Pat Cummins is currently Aussie captain. For Test Cricket anyway.

Jason Holder was West Indies captain until recently.

Bumrah was captain against England in July for one test.

• Upvote 1

On 06/10/2022 at 23:06, Beelzebub said:

When was the last time a fast bowler was captain of any team ? Akram 2003 !?

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Pat Cummins is currently Aussie captain. For Test Cricket anyway.

Jason Holder was West Indies captain until recently.

Bumrah was captain against England in July for one test.

I know it predates 2003 but I just wanna mention the great Courtney Walsh!

Was Jacques Kallis a pace bowler for Proteas? Shaun Pollock too right?

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Spike said:

I know it predates 2003 but I just wanna mention the great Courtney Walsh!

Was Jacques Kallis a pace bowler for Proteas? Shaun Pollock too right?

Medium fast I'd say. Forgot about Pollock! 

Babar is a poor captain he sticks to whatever game plan is given to him, makes no tactical changes depending on the situation. This has happened too many times to say he's in the learning phase. Make Shadab the captain.

This is why I mentioned bowlers being permanent captains being a rarity as far as I've seen the game. It's standard to make your best batter the captain. 

19 hours ago, Beelzebub said:

Babar is a poor captain he sticks to whatever game plan is given to him, makes no tactical changes depending on the situation. This has happened too many times to say he's in the learning phase. Make Shadab the captain.

This is why I mentioned bowlers being permanent captains being a rarity as far as I've seen the game. It's standard to make your best batter the captain. 

Hardest job in the world is a national cricket captain. Selector, coach, and player, it's a huge ask. I can't imagine that a nation like Pakistan is very forgiving or patient with poor cricket performances.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Spike said:

Hardest job in the world is a national cricket captain. Selector, coach, and player, it's a huge ask. I can't imagine that a nation like Pakistan is very forgiving or patient with poor cricket performances.

Yeah I understand being a captain requires a lot more of effort than being one in football. Babar is a good personality to command respect but doesn't have the brains to lead. 

Honestly I think we are not that vindictive about team performances as compared to Indian fanbase but yeah we are above than average.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Beelzebub said:

Yeah I understand being a captain requires a lot more of effort than being one in football. Babar is a good personality to command respect but doesn't have the brains to lead. 

Honestly I think we are not that vindictive about team performances as compared to Indian fanbase but yeah we are above than average.

No effigy burning and national depression when the team loses in Pakistan, then?