talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cricket

football forum

Indian Chief Selector resigns after alleging Indian players take performance enhancing drugs to remain fit that don't get screened in dope tests.

I think this is prevalent in all major sports. Human body needs some recovery time that scheduling of elite sports can't afford.

Apart from your super professional footballers I bet 2 out of 5 elite footballers do take dope at some point. 

I saw the 1st three wickets drop and fell asleep; unfortunately it looks like I missed a good day of cricket. I'm not the biggest Nathan Lyon fan for but it is hard not to be after a day like that

Edited by Spike

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Spike said:

I saw the 1st three wickets drop and fell asleep; unfortunately it looks like I missed a good day of cricket. I'm not the biggest Nathan Lyon fan for but it is hard not to be after a day like that

Finely poised test. Not that usual for teams get almost exactly same scores in 1st innings. Sets it up nicely for the rest of the test. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Finely poised test. Not that usual for teams get almost exactly same scores in 1st innings. Sets it up nicely for the rest of the test. 

It wouldn’t be unfair to claim that they are the two strongest national teams right now. Australia has hit a nice stride in the post Tim Paine era.

The brand of cricket that we play in Test format now, we'll always be at risk of losing as much as we win, but I'm fine with that.

We're on the right path. It was a poor start to the 2nd innings that cost us ultimately. Nearly dug ourselves out the hole but credit to the Kiwi's. 

It's not like we've ever robbed them of a win is it... xD

• 3 months later...
  • Administrator
45 minutes ago, Spike said:

Beautiful! I hope you had fun despite the result!

It's not over yet :P

Lovely day. Enjoyed the company as much as the cricket to be honest. Was there with some family and seems to be a regular thing we use this as a day out then go for good after. 

Perfect day. Paying for it now xD

First day of The Ashes, can't beat it.

Cricket feels more geared towards the T20's, Hundred's and ODI's in today's climate but this is the absolute pinnacle of Test Cricket. 

Blazing sunshine, full house, that whiff of ale, the roar for a boundary, this is what it's all about. Gutted I couldn't get a ticket this Summer.

Let's hope the weather stays beaut, causes little disruption, no unforseen injuries to anyone, and we have five absolute belting tests.

One things for sure, you get the impression each test will only end in a draw if there's disruption which bodes well for an exciting series.

Edited by Lucas

Sir Joseph Edward Root. A master of his craft. Well played sir.

Bairstow looked in unbelievable nick too, really disappointing he didn't go on.

Very bold of us to declare at 393-8 on Day One, not necessarily sure I agree with that. Especially as I felt with Root starting to smash a few after his ton and Robinson chipping in, we left possibly 30-40 runs out there.

But that's how we roll under Stokesy's leadership. Probably may feel justified I guess if we were to nick a wicket or two before close of play tonight.

• Administrator

Loving this from England, especially Root.

3 ramp shots, and one of those to start the day off with xD

England have to get as many runs on the board now with the poor weather due tomorrow. Try and get a big enough lead to potentially put Australia into bat in the final session?

That stupid decleration

On 16/06/2023 at 18:20, Lucas said:

Very bold of us to declare at 393-8 on Day One, not necessarily sure I agree with that. Especially as I felt with Root starting to smash a few after his ton and Robinson chipping in, we left possibly 30-40 runs out there.

Think this is going to cost us. That target for Australia looks worryingly short to me on a pitch like this.