talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cricket

football forum

Brilliant all round performance by us, albeit greatly aided by suicidal running by the South Africans. It wasn't just the three run-outs (all of which were shambolic), but you could sense a run-out every time they took a single. I have never seen a side collectively run this bad between the wickets. 

Back on us, I am happy to see Bumrah amongst wickets. He is very important to us, and it was nice watching him bowl fast and slow yorkers. The current setup looks more balanced. Ashwin showed his pedigree. Bangladesh wouldn't be a easy side to take on. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

If it happens, it deserves to be an England v India final really. Clearly the two best teams in this competition. Toss of a coin who'd win as well.

agree with this but England are the stronger side at the moment.

As for today's game, gotta agree with @IgnisExcubitor. We were brilliant when bowling and well disciplined, especially after getting the 2 openers out. Never really let anyone else settle and took advantage of unusually poor discipline by SA. 

Of all the games to be played, I never thought our game against SA would be the easiest!

South Africa have always choked in Cricket. They are perennial underachievers. How they haven't won a major ICC tournament is beyond me. Even Pakistan, Sri Lanka and the West Indies have more honours than them and they are perceived as 'weaker' nations in the game.

• Administrator
12 hours ago, Lucas said:

South Africa have always choked in Cricket. They are perennial underachievers. How they haven't won a major ICC tournament is beyond me. Even Pakistan, Sri Lanka and the West Indies have more honours than them and they are perceived as 'weaker' nations in the game.

someone on another forum was trying to tell me that Sri Lanka beating us and Pakistan beating South Africa wasn't a shock xD 

17 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Brilliant all round performance by us, albeit greatly aided by suicidal running by the South Africans. It wasn't just the three run-outs (all of which were shambolic), but you could sense a run-out every time they took a single. I have never seen a side collectively run this bad between the wickets. 

Back on us, I am happy to see Bumrah amongst wickets. He is very important to us, and it was nice watching him bowl fast and slow yorkers. The current setup looks more balanced. Ashwin showed his pedigree. Bangladesh wouldn't be a easy side to take on. 

Your bowling was adequate. But not close to brilliant. You had plans and were decent in the field, but before the 2 run outs I was very happy with how toothless the bowling was. But then the batsmen did your job for you.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

Your bowling was adequate. But not close to brilliant. You had plans and were decent in the field, but before the 2 run outs I was very happy with how toothless the bowling was. But then the batsmen did your job for you.

Thought our bowlers kept it quite tight to be fair and didn't give much away. Amla and De Kock started off well but we never let your other players who could trouble any team - ABDV, Du Plessis, Miller - settle in. 

Even if it wasn't brilliant, I'd say it was better than adequate. 

Disagree. SA are never in a rush (unless it's to choke) Again, you weren't bad at all. Kept it tight and didn't look out of depth. But there was no real bite and no big pressure. I think if SA hadn't committed seppuku we would have gone into the last 10 overs with wickets in hand and scored a nice total.

No point chatting about it now though. They fucked it well and truly

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Tanksie said:

Disagree. SA are never in a rush (unless it's to choke) Again, you weren't bad at all. Kept it tight and didn't look out of depth. But there was no real bite and no big pressure. I think if SA hadn't committed seppuku we would have gone into the last 10 overs with wickets in hand and scored a nice total.

No point chatting about it now though. They fucked it well and truly

to be fair I was worried about this when Amla and De Kock were ticking away nicely and you had those spare wickets in hand. 

• Administrator

could be a very interesting end to this game now.

Sri Lanka managed to get to 236.

Pakistan were cruising with Azhar Ali and Fakhar Zaman. They're now 131-5 after 25 overs. Probably still win but making it hard for themselves. At this stage you'd still want more than 6 wickets in hand. Pakistan's strongest batsmen (on paper) have all been out now. 

• Administrator

another one of those run-outs where the batsman hits it down the ground, bowler gets a hand to it, hits the wicket and the non-striker doesn't have his bat on the ground. Unfortunate as the bat was mere centimetres from the ground

• Administrator

England losing out to cheap wickets and not as comfortable as I thought they would be.

Currently 146-4 after 33 overs. They'll be looking to push towards 300+ but losing that many wickets already could prove costly. 

Pakistan have bowled really well so far. They could restrict England under 280. But their weak batting could mess that chase as well.

On a side note, with all this talk about Ind vs Eng final, it would be utterly hilarious it we end up with Pak vs Bangladesh final.

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned