talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cricket

football forum

• Administrator

Just seen what happened to Smith. Looked nasty! 

Constant reminder and memory of what happened to Hughes when you see something like that happen.

Not heard what the fans did or anything previous to that though. 

• Subscriber

This guy Archer is a speed monster at that when he bowls  :o

'Archer will send shivers around the world'

Michael Vaughan

Ex-England captain on BBC Test Match Special

Archer is going to send shivers around batting line-ups around the world. All batting line-ups will be saying, "Did you see that spell?" We've got to face him."

These were the speeds during one of Archer's overs yesterday. Seriously, seriously quick.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/47324907

On 18/08/2019 at 18:08, CaaC (John) said:

This guy Archer is a speed monster at that when he bowls  :o

'Archer will send shivers around the world'

Michael Vaughan

Ex-England captain on BBC Test Match Special

Archer is going to send shivers around batting line-ups around the world. All batting line-ups will be saying, "Did you see that spell?" We've got to face him."

These were the speeds during one of Archer's overs yesterday. Seriously, seriously quick.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/47324907

He’s a prick. That’s what he is.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Toinho said:

They may be ODI world champions but... all out for 67. Lowest total against Australia since the 1940s and the second lowest total in history at Headingley. 

I left to go shopping with England next to bat, got in and saw all out for 67 and LMFAO, I don't think Joe Root will be Captain much longer, playing in the ODI under Captain Eoin Morgan he could just concentrate on his batting and let Morgan do the Captain bit, maybe Morgan should take over from Root as Captain in Test matches and let Root go back and concentrate on his batting.

I am no expert on Cricket but I must admit I like the ODI & T20 matches nowadays than Test matches when Root said: " England must try to capitalise on the opportunity of Smith's absence from the third Ashes Test..." he must not have convinced himself and the team of capitalising on Smiths absence and as they say in Football, "One man does not make a team..." and that must apply in Cricket too, no Smith and I think Australia are doing quite well and should go 2 up in the series now and it's goodbye again Ashes on home ground.  

• Subscriber

Fucking unreal that, watch the media next, sack Root as Captain and replace him with Stokes, tbh I was only keeping check of the score and left it when Bairstow got out and thought that was it for England then checked back in and saw England needing 8 more runs to win with one wicket remaining, phew.

England will more than likely lose the next test and the last one will be rained off or vice-versa.

Media. Sack Root as captain and replace him with Stokes

Media. Rise Sir Stokes, knight him, please. :D

Absolutely brilliant from Stokes, I was listening in the garden while painting fences and from 10 runs to win I was just listening and fist pumping every fucking run. Utterly brilliant individual effort. 

Surely it gives us a huge momentum swing but still decisions need making here regarding Root as captain and basic batting decisions 

6 hours ago, Stick With Azeem said:

Surely he'll get knighthood this year ?

He should be in jail and he isn’t even English. Didn’t get to watch the end of the test but fair play to the World XI. You’ve tied the series at home. 

10 minutes ago, Toinho said:

He should be in jail and he isn’t even English. Didn’t get to watch the end of the test but fair play to the World XI. You’ve tied the series at home. 

Moved here as a young boy, brought up and developed in our system playing under English coaches in English conditions in an English system. Your top scorer both innings was South African.

3 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Moved here as a young boy, brought up and developed in our system playing under English coaches in English conditions in an English system. Your top scorer both innings was South African.

I’m not saying we have a couple either. I’m just stirring even though he’s a cunt, I do wish I stayed up to see the rest of his innings. Stopped watching when he was on 40odd! Insane