talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cricket

football forum

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

I see Geoff Boycott got knighted and there is a lot of backlash about him being made a Sir but as he said he 'doesn't give a toss' about knighthood criticism, in a way he is right, he played Cricket as a profession over the years where a lot of young kids growing up watched him play and learnt from him.

When you see people like Sir Paul McCartney, Sir Mick Jagger receiving knighthood's fuck all is mentioned all the drugs they experienced with and young kids getting influenced in copying them in their drug relates antics, I would rather see a young kid growing up playing Cricket as a sport than a young kid growing up blowing his/her mind out with LSD etc. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49639222

What about a young kid that grows up to domestically abuse their partner?

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Tell me more please, I just look at cricket as a sport and I don't read everything that is shown in the media. :D  

He was convicted some years back of beating up his girlfriend in France.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Might have read that ages ago but as I said I only treat Cricket as a sport and then you could say the same as Stan Collymore playing football in his days yet he beat up Ulrika Jonsson, I only treat football as a sport, I am not for the beating up of women anytime, bloody hell, if I tried beating the wife up she would kick the shite out of me then her big sis would come around and finish the job off. xD

It's all the drug-related bits I am on about years ago with all the media and government condemning drugs and yet the likes of Jagger going around sniffing, popping and smoking whatever years back and they were condemned then but now they are good old men and made Sir's, and pound to a penny about they still do the naughty drug bit nowadays behind closed doors...it's a funny old world we live in.

P.S. I bet Prince Charles has had a sly puff of the funny stuff in his time in the Royal Loo. O.o 

On 10/09/2019 at 23:18, Stan said:

He has a very compelling counter argument. "I didn't do it, she blackmailed me and it's hard to defend yourself appropriately to authorities who don't speak your language"

Apparently all the people who knew him know he never did it.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

He has a very compelling counter argument. "I didn't do it, she blackmailed me and it's hard to defend yourself appropriately to authorities who don't speak your language"

Apparently all the people who knew him know he never did it.

Amazing how there was never a translator available at any given time to help him out. Must have been busy! 

• Subscriber
56 minutes ago, Stan said:

Thought it was 1998.

51 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

In 2015 a report alleged that Moore had admitted to a friend she had slipped on a marble floor and hit her head, causing the injury she later claimed was caused by Boycott

Quote.thumb.png.6f2f5437231ab5afe7d9b2516ff7dd4d.png

'I knew she was in a relationship of sorts with Geoffrey and I knew she wanted to marry him, that was common knowledge but at the time of the incident, she had a lot of financial troubles which he did not know about.

'She owed me a lot of money and I had ended up taking her to court which was not ideal but all I could do.

Lawyer Sue Sims-Steward said her former friend and business partner Miss Moore said she slipped and hit her head 

'She turned up for the judgment at the Royal Courts in London and I was told by her secretary and by my counsel that she had black eyes and she'd suffered an accident while on holiday.

'What I remember clearly is her ringing me at the time to ask me to back off and give her more time to pay.

'In the course of that conversation, she told me what had happened with Geoffrey. She had been to France with him. They stayed at the Hotel du Cap, they'd had a row over them getting married.

'He said, 'I'm not marrying you', the row took off, she started throwing his things out of the window. She grabbed one of his suits, there was a tussle over it and she slipped and hit her head and that's how the whole thing happened.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7456251/Geoffrey-Boycott-NEVER-hit-former-girlfriend-south-France-insists-former-friend.html

Boycott is a fucking bellend and it sums up that cunt May that she makes out she's a feminist and then Knights a convicted woman beater. He was found guilty on 3 occasions by the way, the first when he didn't bother to turn up, the second he did and then an appeal. The Tories 'law and order' except when it's their mates. Absolutely mad comparing Mccartney having a joint to battering a woman. Jesus.

That's the sad thing about Cricket, it's infested with Tories!

Edited by The Artful Dodger

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/10/2019 at 18:01, IgnisExcubitor said:

I know South Africans are in a transitional phase, but it was still disappointing to see them losing like that in the two tests so far. 

Thought they would draw the first. Nope.

India is always a tough place to play however. South Africa would be favourites in their backyard as well

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.614259c46607c6a535aebc64651d7bbe.png

Shakib al Hasan: Bangladesh captain banned for corruption

Bangladesh Test captain Shakib al Hasan has been given a two-year ban for "failing to report corrupt approaches".

The 32-year-old accepted three charges relating to requests for "inside information for betting purposes".

The approaches came during an international tri-series also involving Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe in January 2018 and that year's Indian Premier League.

Shakib is the top all-rounder in the one-day international rankings and has played 338 matches for Bangladesh.

He was the third-highest run-scorer in the 2019 Cricket World Cup and hit two hundreds, including against England in Cardiff in the group stage.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/50222349

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

One of the best for England, R.I.P. Bob

Quote.thumb.png.5756c5af51693fe0a36ed2c99bff858f.png

Bob Willis: Former England cricket captain dies aged 70

_110006269_willis812.jpg

Only James Anderson, Stuart Broad and Ian Botham have taken more Test wickets for England than Willis' 325

The fast bowler took 325 wickets in 90 Tests from 1971 to 1984, claiming a career-best 8-43 to help England to a famous win over Australia at Headingley in the 1981 Ashes.

He captained England in 18 Tests and 29 one-day internationals before his retirement from all forms of cricket in 1984.

In a statement, Willis' family said he had died "after a long illness".

"We are heartbroken to lose our beloved Bob, who was an incredible husband, father, brother and grandfather," the statement continued.

"He made a huge impact on everybody he knew and we will miss him terribly."

FULL REPORT

Edited by CaaC (John)

• 3 weeks later...

This needs to be investigated and the individuals involved should be named although Kaneria just told in a video that despite people calling out Inzamam he never treated him that way, in fact if you followed his career it was during Inzamam's time he hit his peak which he mentioned in the video. He was picked over Imran Tahir and Saeed Ajmal at that time at Inzamam's request. 

Quite shameful for me that this happened in our team. I personally don't like Kaneria for how he kept lying about his role in spot fixing until he accepted and got a life ban from ECB, which tarnished his reputation and career.

Edited by Azeem