talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cricket

football forum

The only way England can win this game now is to bowl Pakistan out. Simple.

And to do that we really need to have at least 5 wickets pegged before they get 130-140 on the board.

I was hoping we would really rip into them from the off and have at least two wickets down in the first 10 overs but so far Pakistan have started well.

It is theirs to lose now and that's the most disappointing thing.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Azeem98 said:

Stokes messed it all up didn't hit a boundary for 60 deliveries and then throws his wicket away

damage was done before him I think. Didn't help that he didn't hit a boundary but he was in difficult circumstances. Pakistan bowlers played the game and the situation beautifully. 

Going at a run-rate of almost 6, without pushing any panic buttons. This has to be the performance of the tournament so far, because it's come against the best side. And unlike South Africa, who shot themselves in the foot against India, England have not committed any errors today. They have simply been outplayed. This is why Pakistan are such a dangerous side. They can do this to the best on their day. 

• Administrator

Superb performance from Pakistan. Can't really fault it at all in any department and you don't say that often!

Hopefully there's not another shock tomorrow!

Wonder if Mohammed Amir will be back in time for Sunday.

16 minutes ago, Stan said:

Superb performance from Pakistan. Can't really fault it at all in any department and you don't say that often!

Hopefully there's not another shock tomorrow!

Wonder if Mohammed Amir will be back in time for Sunday.

Amir's wife arrived at the camp on the night after the Sri Lanka game and then he suddently got injured, wonder that has something to do with the former.

So frustrating. Pakistan were brilliant in all areas. I'd actually say, that's one of the best showings I've seen from them in the field as well because they can be quite sloppy. England really let themselves down today because they just didn't adapt to the conditions which favoured the Pakistani's more.

Performance with the bat was poor. If Pakistan could make the runs they did in 40 odd overs, there's no reason why we couldn't have. We just seemed far too defensive and paralysed when we lost wickets. And by the time we got the ball, there just wasn't enough runs on the board to defend and put pressure on Pakistan batting to even give us a chance.

But what can you do. This England team has come on leaps and bounds in the past year or so. We've gone from playing negative cricket and getting tonked to playing an exciting brand, pretty much regularly scoring 300+ with the bat and winning most of our one day format games. We agonisingly lost a Twenty20 final down to one man's brilliance in the last over and now having won three games convincingly, we've bowed out to an upredictable mercurial Pakistani team. That is one day cricket. Any team can beat you on the day and unfortunately the one time we were off colour, we were made to pay.

Hopefully this bunch will taste success sooner or later in an ICC tournament because we're certainly deserving of it.

Good luck to Pakistan in the final. I just hope if it's India they play, they don't capitulate and make the final a complete non event.

• The topic was pinned
  • Administrator

haha it's bound to be competitive.

Since the game in the group stages, they've improved massively. 

We're in good form - my only concern is that the middle order don't get much batting practice because of how good the top 3 are xD 

Should be a cracker. 

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was pinned