talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cricket

football forum

• Administrator

@Devil-Dick Willie @Toinho @McAzeem do you guys watch Big Bash?

I had no idea before tournament started that there's no DRS involved.

There's been two shockers of decisions by umpires. One yesterday where Tye should have had a wicket, batsman clearly edged it about 2 foot off the ground and umpire said 'not out, think the bat hit the ground'.

Now today, Cooper for Brisbane Heat is given out despite clearly (and I mean clearly) hitting the ball before it hit his pads and he was given out LBW.

Two of the worst decisions I've ever seen by an umpire to be honest. 

On 23/12/2020 at 15:58, Stan said:

There's been two shockers of decisions by umpires. One yesterday where Tye should have had a wicket, batsman clearly edged it about 2 foot off the ground and umpire said 'not out, think the bat hit the ground'.

Now today, Cooper for Brisbane Heat is given out despite clearly (and I mean clearly) hitting the ball before it hit his pads and he was given out LBW.

Use to watch it but now it's just too long. Saw it shambolic, Cricket is one sport that has massively benefited from technology this shouldn't be happening in this day and age  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Nope. Can’t stand T20. But heard about the shocking calls. Will have to catch some footage! 

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Toinho said:

Aussies have started....or shall I say yet to start 3/43... Burns and Smith gone for ducks and Wade for 30. We need new openers - or others to return from injury!

7 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Wade was looking good, wrote his own ticket. 

Stayed up for first session and was much better than expected! 

Didn't expect to see so much turn. 

Bumrah is just class above any other fast bowler we have. If we had Kumar and Sharma/Shami playing we'd be such a force. Not that keen on Yadav but it is what it is. 

Hope there's no collapse again. This is a great chance to build up a good solid lead. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Stayed up for first session and was much better than expected! 

Didn't expect to see so much turn. 

Bumrah is just class above any other fast bowler we have. If we had Kumar and Sharma/Shami playing we'd be such a force. Not that keen on Yadav but it is what it is. 

Hope there's no collapse again. This is a great chance to build up a good solid lead. 

Last test you were in the drivers seat, and had a SHOCKING collapse. Literally 150 might have been enough.

Hopefully no capitulation this time. Get 350 or so (which looks like a minimum par at the moment) and it'd take another disaster to lose. 

So I'm keen to watch the boxing day test right? @Devil-Dick Willie so I thinks to myself I do, I'm gonna buy a VPN set it to Australia and use the Channel 7 app to watch it live. FUCK FOX SPORTS AND CRICKET AUSTRALIA how the shit can they sell the TV rights to Channel 7 but sell the digital rights to Fox and have it exclusive to the Kyomodoodo App or whatever it is called.

I thought Apps would set us free from the convoluted mess of TV rights and cable-TV but they have somehow made it harder and more expensive

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Stan said:

Resounding win for India in the 2nd test then.

Setting up to be a fantastic series with the remaining 2 tests. Especially with how we reacted from the humiliating 1st test defeat.

Michael Hussy made an excellent point. In the first test India were the better team, or honors even, in all but 1 disaster session. In the second test, they were the better team in every session bar maybe 2 that were honors even.  

Out of roughly 18 sessions, India have bossed a good 12, and lost just 1. Big trouble for the Aussies. 

• Administrator
12 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Michael Hussy made an excellent point. In the first test India were the better team, or honors even, in all but 1 disaster session. In the second test, they were the better team in every session bar maybe 2 that were honors even.  

Out of roughly 18 sessions, India have bossed a good 12, and lost just 1. Big trouble for the Aussies. 

Good point to be fair. 

Still think there's enough intrigue about the 2 sides for the other 2 matches. Warner returning for you to replace Burns could be the inspiration you need. Big character, big player - might mean you win more sessions than any so far.

14 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Or maybe NZ is just a significantly better team? And playing at home? 

This. NZ at home are fairly strong, just look at Williamson’s stats there! Pakistan are garbage. And they probably match fixed that defeat too ;) 

Edited by Toinho