talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cricket

football forum

• Administrator

South Africa are like England in that you never know when a collapse is just round the corner - could be top-order or middle-order but either way it leaves too much for the tail to do and puts too much pressure on them. 

1 hour ago, McAzeem said:

Nauman Ali takes a fiver on his debut

Great effort. Saw some of the wickets and it was good bowling. 

It's a shame SA couldn't get more - could have been a good end to the Test match. I wouldn't have thought before the game that any side would win in 4 days.

I feel like that one was won and lost in both teams first innings. South Africa horrid self destructive batting, then letting Pakistan off light after having them 4 fer. Second innings total of 245 not asssssss bad, but fuck me I'd strangle Bavuma if put in a room with him. 

And Linde. Can't bat can't bowl all rounder. At least Mulder can bowl. 

IMG-20210205-162451.jpg

The most Tests played by us in a year is 13 once in 80s. That was a time when we were a great Test side so never mind giving teams like Zimbabwe Ireland a chance. 

ICC needs to become an executing governing body like FIFA not just a constitutional like it's right now, otherwise Cricket will always be ball hogged by someone. 

• Administrator

Root is elite. In hot form right now. Didn't even look close to getting him out today. Glad we got the wicket right at the end of Sibley though. England look strong to get 450+ here. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

Some great test matches taking place. 

India with a morning collapse but in comes Pant with his no-holds-barred style complimenting Pujara's patience. Both hit 50s.

But seems to be much more excitement in Bangladesh! Bangladesh set 395 for West Indies. Mayers, on his debut, part of a 200+ stand with Bonner and scores a ton! Bonner out but they need 105 to win. Not sure how long left but superb finish. 

Pakistan look set to see off SA as I can't see the latter hitting 365+ even if there is a day left to play. Rizwan has saved the game for Pakistan there. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Stan said:

Some great test matches taking place. 

India with a morning collapse but in comes Pant with his no-holds-barred style complimenting Pujara's patience. Both hit 50s.

But seems to be much more excitement in Bangladesh! Bangladesh set 395 for West Indies. Mayers, on his debut, part of a 200+ stand with Bonner and scores a ton! Bonner out but they need 105 to win. Not sure how long left but superb finish. 

Pakistan look set to see off SA as I can't see the latter hitting 365+ even if there is a day left to play. Rizwan has saved the game for Pakistan there. 

Nah, Pakistan could have defended 300 against this brainless and leaderless SA batting line up.

Fuck I love Pant. 

• Upvote 1

Only bowler to take 10 in a match at this venue is Muhammad Zahid against New Zealand.

Fun fact about that, Wasim & Waqar were having a bitch fight with the board at that time so they pretended an injury and refused to play against New Zealand. Zahid was called in & he took 11 wickets on his debut, both cunts fearing their place in the team might be in danger immediately came out of injury to play the next matches. 

Zahid according to Lara was the fastest bowler he ever played by a mile even Shoaib Akhtar says he was quicker than him. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

112 runs left for SA to get. Probably lost too many wickets to get there though, unless Mulder can stick in.

As for England/India, I think England will have what India did in Australia firmly in mind. Lead by 360 at Tea at the moment but they'll probably want to make a totally impossible target to reach - add maybe another 120+ in the final session and then stick us in to bat for a few overs at the end of the day. That'd be what I'd do, anyway. Root can be overly defensive with his choices when it comes to declaring and often leave it too late.