Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

    Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

    Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Cricket


football forum
 Share

Recommended Posts

Fair play to SA. India never won there and that continues. Pujara and Rahane need to be dropped. They haven't offered anything this series, and Pujara struggled in England too. Time to give someone else a chance - while I love his patient attitude and approach, it doesn't really work much when you're not scoring or contributing either. 

SA's bowling is and remains decent. Maybe we underestimated them. Rabada and Ngidi and very good. First time I've seen Jansen play and even he was productive. 

8 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Kholi really embarassed himself last night though. Win or lose I hope he loses his match fee and gets a ban. 

I don't condone the slander of the broadcaster (as if they had much to do with it, but I think that particular thing went beyond the DRS decision), however it spoke volumes when even Erasmus said 'its impossible!' seeing the DRS too. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sign up to remove this ad.
8 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Just his sleeve wearing smoko try hard dickhead attitude. You'd find 8 white virats at any job site in the country. 

and a bunch fo other countries in my experience

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Stan said:

Fair play to SA. India never won there and that continues. Pujara and Rahane need to be dropped. They haven't offered anything this series, and Pujara struggled in England too. Time to give someone else a chance - while I love his patient attitude and approach, it doesn't really work much when you're not scoring or contributing either. 

SA's bowling is and remains decent. Maybe we underestimated them. Rabada and Ngidi and very good. First time I've seen Jansen play and even he was productive. 

I don't condone the slander of the broadcaster (as if they had much to do with it, but I think that particular thing went beyond the DRS decision), however it spoke volumes when even Erasmus said 'its impossible!' seeing the DRS too. 

 

Took 19 wickets, at an average of 16. For me he was player of the series. Our Fast bowling battery is messed up. Easily best in the world in terms of depth. Olivier, Rabada, Nortje, Mulder, Ngidi, and now Jansen. An absolute handful, and all of them averaging low 20s for bowling average I believe. 

We specialize in low scoring games. Can't score 400 on a road but will chase 200 on a minefield with little struggle. I think Rahane could go soon, but can't drop Pujara. Especially not on the back of a series where everyone who played 3 games struggled with the bat for India. 
Pant again proved he's special. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And it becomes a collapse. 
Burns run out for 0
Crawley gets a decent ball, but should have done better, either committing to a flick or used softer hands to defend. 
Then England get a partnership going, 49 runs from 82 balls. Good strike rate, only 2 down, and rebuilding the innings. 
Cue Malan giving his wicket away, with the horrible strangle down leg. Cue the collapse. 
Root then goes trapped in front
Stokes then goes to a decent bit of fielding but poor batting.

Odds on Pope or Billings to be gone before tea? Or 2 more wickets this session? England looking at a sub 200 score. Sub 150 even. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

South Africa might not be brilliant, but continue to be a graveyard for captains. Kohli gone. 

Reckon it was on the cards anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

South Africa might not be brilliant, but continue to be a graveyard for captains. Kohli gone. 

 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Reckon it was on the cards anyway. 

Stepped down or ‘had to step down’ is the question

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Spike said:

 

Stepped down or ‘had to step down’ is the question

Think there were some rumblings of disagreement about the ODI captaincy too. So the latter may not to too far from the truth... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Think there were some rumblings of disagreement about the ODI captaincy too. So the latter may not to too far from the truth... 

I’m not too clued in on the Indian cricket team social hierarchy, so who would be next to be captain?

Also, I have been meaning to ask someone more in the know of Indian culture, but is there still a latent ‘caste system’ in place with people having particular biases? would this affect the team selection?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Spike said:

I’m not too clued in on the Indian cricket team social hierarchy, so who would be next to be captain?

Also, I have been meaning to ask someone more in the know of Indian culture, but is there still a latent ‘caste system’ in place with people having particular biases? would this affect the team selection?

No idea really - to follow that drive and determination and vocal passion on the pitch, I can't see it being anyone like Rahane (current VC) or Pujara. My preference would be Pant - some might say he's too immature but then so was Kohli and then to a lesser extent, Dhoni. We need someone who follows in that mould of character and one person to be reliable to deliver regardless of match situation, but more importantly when we need to dig in, and Pant has already done that. 

As for caste system for selection, I don't know. With it being 2022 and 21st century, I'd like to think not! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would be huge for England to win this one. After the 3rd test, and for most of the 4th you'd swear blind Australia were gonna win 5-0. 1 wicket away in Sydney, and if England get a win here, 3-1 looks MUCH better than a 5-0 drubbing (again). A gutsy 270 chase would restore some pride in the team and give the players something to build on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some hate it but I love it when players have Blubbering sunflowers batting stances. I think it brings personality to the game, without it being stupid shit like sledging or having a sook

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Spike said:

Some hate it but I love it when players have Blubbering sunflowers batting stances. I think it brings personality to the game, without it being stupid shit like sledging or having a sook

Graeme Smith, Shiv Chanderpaul, George Bailey represent 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 31/12/2021 at 12:21, Khan of TF365 said:

T20 franchise leagues are the best thing happened for cricketers individually. Outside the rich teams/institutions most national teams can’t/don't pay players their market-determind worth i.e Pakistani players get paid less by board than Bangladesh.

Free market in cricket didn't existed before now it does, that’s telling a player they are worth sometimes double or triple the amount they get paid.

FJ382fwXsAcVjwc?format=jpg&name=large

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This T20 series between England and WI has been good. 

Some massive hitting last night. Brilliant ton by Rovman Powell. Surprised to hear he is only the 3rd WI player to get a T20 ton. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...