talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cricket

football forum

• Administrator

Terrible to hear of Rafiq's experiences throughout his time at Yorkshire. And on a par with that, is how it just got downplayed, ignored and how he got belittled when he reported it.

PCA are despicable - an organisation in place to help players and they turned their back on Rafiq when he asked for help. Yorkshire are equally despicable for not stamping it out even though people high up in the hierarchy had a) witnessed it and b) had influence and power to accept there's an issue and still didn't try to change it. 

On 14/11/2021 at 15:16, Khan of TF365 said:

It's there but subtle unlike football.

It appears to me from the report today and  what you are saying that there is a mixture of different racism. Some of it was racism that some people may have not meant in a horrible way and thought it was banter. Which isn't an excuse. We're not in the 80s people know certain things are wrong. However some of it is clearly intentional racism and intended to hurt which is terrible. I'm not a cricket fan so I dont know but Joe root has always seemed like a decent guy to me. Rafiq said that he never took part and was a good guy but root claimed he has never witnessed racism. Which asks a difficult question of why? Was he just not paying attention? Was he naive,? Is he just  being loyal to friends? Why has he said that? 

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

That he's just speaking out for money and that it was just 'banter'

I try not to read comments. I find it quite upsetting that people think like that sometimes. Its incredible how many people still think that people  are snowflakes when they get upset by racism. 

4 hours ago, LFCMike said:

That he's just speaking out for money and that it was just 'banter'

4 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I try not to read comments. I find it quite upsetting that people think like that sometimes. Its incredible how many people still think that people  are snowflakes when they get upset by racism. 

It was banter and 'Hindu worship' when Andrew Symonds was called a monkey during a test in India. Don't know how or why Symonds was the villain in that case. BCCI and CA did nothing to help him, and the crowds weren't punished and Singh only got a 3 game suspension. people get all bent out of shape and try to twist racism into not racism

I'm still irritated by that because Symonds was my guy during the mid 00s.

Edited by Spike

You literally asked for examples from the past and I gave one that is nearly exactly the same, from how it was dismissed and how it was handled. How you got 'two wrongs make a right' or 'it's okay because Indians are racist too' from my post I will never understand. Chrissake mate, are you projecting on me?xD

Andrew Symonds came on a show here once, he talked about that episode. CA weren't going to do anything cause India would cancel the tour which they couldn't afford, he knew that and didn't expect anything. Sachin pretty much said the same thing in the inquiry what Root said ' I didn't hear anything objectionable ', according to him. He also went to the dressing room after the day ended to talk it out and leave it here. 

Rest I forgot.

9 minutes ago, Khan of TF365 said:

Andrew Symonds came on a show here once, he talked about that episode. CA weren't going to do anything cause India would cancel the tour which they couldn't afford, he knew that and didn't expect anything. Sachin pretty much said the same thing in the inquiry what Root said ' I didn't hear anything objectionable ', according to him. He also went to the dressing room after the day ended to talk it out and leave it here. 

Rest I forgot.

The BCCI are very good at tantrums. Therein lies the difference between Australian and Indian culture

Australians: (red faced) YOU FUCKING DUMB CUNT *three hours later buying you a beer at the pub*
Indians: I'm very sorry, sir. *cancels and fires you the next day* I'm very sorry again, sir.

8 hours ago, Spike said:

Australians: (red faced) YOU FUCKING DUMB CUNT *three hours later buying you a beer at the pub*
Indians: I'm very sorry, sir. *cancels and fires you the next day* I'm very sorry again, sir.

Yes but they'll call you a dumb cunt (red faced) again five minutes after buying you a beer. It becomes annoying :coffee: