Man City 1-0 Chelsea

Head to Head
Man City - 56 wins
Draws - 40
Chelsea - 65 wins

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well hopefully we will better last season's result...

Think Lampard won't force the offensive football against a arguably better team. City has to win this game, while there will be little pressure on Chelsea. I'd obviously be pleased with any result apart from a defeat. We have Kante back and Christensen back in contention, all fully fit apart a few long term injuries like Rudiger and Ruben. I hope for a good result from us, as we then have a key game in Valencia in the UCL.

5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I don't think we will get a result in this... If we have a good day we might squeak a draw but not expecting much else.. 

Draw away from home against Citeh is a decent result for Chelsea considering the circumstances of this season tbh

Even if you didn't have a transfer ban (although tbh, I actually think Chelsea have benefitted from avoiding wasting money on "seasoned pros" and throwing the talented kids from arguably England's best academy into the side), a draw against City away from home would probably be considered a good result.

Please win though.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Draw away from home against Citeh is a decent result for Chelsea considering the circumstances of this season tbh

Even if you didn't have a transfer ban (although tbh, I actually think Chelsea have benefitted from avoiding wasting money on "seasoned pros" and throwing the talented kids from arguably England's best academy into the side), a draw against City away from home would probably be considered a good result.

Please win though.

All things considered yes it would, If we click in the final third then I think we could cause them a few problems but if not then I just don't trust us not to let in more than we can score.. ever hopeful obviously and it's a good time to be playing them but would not have had as down for a win here and that's not anything negative because we are playing well just that if they are on the ball they will have just a bit too much for us I reckon.. 

Chelsea without Pulisic is a big loss, especially since Hudson-odoi has not exactly set the world alight, especially in his last showing for England. City will still be reeling from the loss at Liverpool and that factor I can imagine will just be too much for Chelsea's suspect defence. Either way, should be entertaining.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Really? That's surprising to me.

So what's the expected starting XI with Pulisic out?

He’s played there the whole time before Pulisic made his breakthrough a couple weeks ago 

IF Pulisic is confirmed out...

Kepa

Dave/Zouma/Tomori/Emerson

Kante/Jorginho/Kovacic

Willian/Tammy/Mount 

• Subscriber

Pulisic is a miss for you. I've been really impressed by him, I was convinced he'd be a flop as well.

Think that could make the difference as well, had you to get a draw but I think Man City will probably win now, 2-1.

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Pulisic out

Lampard:

He missed the two games. He's started to train again this midweek so he's in contention to play.

"Callum Hudson-Odoi has a hamstring issue that he picked up in the England game, so he'll struggle to be in contention for this game but we're hoping it's short term."

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Chelsea win this and then surely they're the team fighting for the title alongside Liverpool, possibly Leicester?

I think there's a good chance we go into the game at Man City on 21st December still above them if you look at the fixtures.

• The title was changed to Man City 2-1 Chelsea - Saturday 23rd November, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived