The better place to talk football.

Sheff Utd 3-3 Manchester United - Sunday 24th November, 2019

football forum

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I dont believe you..  because apparently Brendan Rodgers is a fraud that cant set a team up to defend? 

It must be Vardy that's carrying him :ph34r:

Either way, it's a weird part of the process to be part of...

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I dont believe you..  because apparently Brendan Rodgers is a fraud that cant set a team up to defend? 

It must be Vardy that's carrying him :ph34r:

You keep saying this as some slight against us Liverpool fans who wanted him replaced. Are you saying that we didn’t have defensive issues and didn’t concede a TON of goals under his tenure?

Rodger may have well focused on defence during his time in Scotland, but when he was with us it was always an issue. You have a very short memory. 

39 minutes ago, Rick said:

You keep saying this as some slight against us Liverpool fans who wanted him replaced. Are you saying that we didn’t have defensive issues and didn’t concede a TON of goals under his tenure?

Rodger may have well focused on defence during his time in Scotland, but when he was with us it was always an issue. You have a very short memory. 

Yep, just because he's started well at Leicester in that regard, it doesn't mean those of us who were critical of him defensively at Liverpool were wrong. 

40 minutes ago, Rick said:

I was joking mate. I couldn't give a fuck what people think of Brendan Rodgers xD

7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Yep, just because he's started well at Leicester in that regard, it doesn't mean those of us who were critical of him defensively at Liverpool were wrong. 

You were wrong though. You were all saying Suarez carried him wich was an absolute load of shit xD like it or not I was proven right. Hes a very good manager. Hes been good at every club hes ever been at. Prove me wrong.

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

You were wrong though. You were all saying Suarez carried him wich was an absolute load of shit xD

I've never said that. And have even argued against people who said that. Suarez was a huge influence on that side but I always argued that Rodgers deserved credit for getting the best out of the attacking players that season. 

It's a fact that we were shit defensively under him though

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

I've never said that. And have even argued against people who said that. Suarez was a huge influence on that side but I always argued that Rodgers deserved credit for getting the best out of the attacking players that season. 

It's a fact that we were shit defensively under him though

He went for it  Rodgers knew we had the best attack in the league and he went for it. Unfortunately for him we fell short  Fuck me, give the guy some credit. 

He is the only man to have even come close to to giving us a league title (until Klopp) yet our own supporters give him nothing but shit. 

Hes a very good manager and he came very close to giving us 19. 

Leicester are very lucky they have him in charge.

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

He went for it  Rodgers knew we had the best attack in the league and he went for it. Unfortunately for him we fell short  Fuck me, give the guy some credit. 

He is the only man to have even come close to to giving us a league title (until Klopp) yet our own supporters give him nothing but shit. 

Hes a very good manager and he came very close to giving us 19. 

Leicester are very lucky they have him in charge.

We're not just talking about 13/14 though. 12/13 can be excused as his first season but 14/15 was grim and the start of 15/16 was just as bad.

Said before he's probably learnt a lot since then but let's not pretend everything was just free flowing attacking football but poor at the back all the time. A lot of the time it was just poor at the back 

We started sitting too deep letting them come to us, holding onto balls, clock watching too early in the latter stages of the game. 2 points dropped but looking at the bigger picture.. what we're doing this season is incredible, so no complaints; Lundstram ran out of legs a bit and Jags looked knackered, no doubt Wilder will sort it out.

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, DNA said:

We started sitting too deep letting them come to us, holding onto balls, clock watching too early in the latter stages of the game. 2 points dropped but looking at the bigger picture.. what we're doing this season is incredible, so no complaints; Lundstram ran out of legs a bit and Jags looked knackered, no doubt Wilder will sort it out.

Not surprised that Jagielka looked knackered. Oldest player to start a Premier League game this season at 37 years old and he played the full 90 minutes against Manchester United. Kudos to him and Sheffield United. 

5 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

You were wrong though. You were all saying Suarez carried him wich was an absolute load of shit xD like it or not I was proven right. Hes a very good manager. Hes been good at every club hes ever been at. Prove me wrong.

I wouldn't conflate his time with us with his time at Leicester. With us he was a man who couldn't organise a defense if his life depended on it, and once Suarez left us consistently scoring also left.

Good for him that he's learned things, but his time with us was a bit of a waste imo. A manager that wasn't learning how to manage at that level would probably have been a better choice.

2 hours ago, DNA said:

What Sheffield United have achieved this season is remarkable tbh.

• The title was changed to Sheff Utd 3-3 Manchester United - Sunday 24th November, 2019
41 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

What Sheffield United have achieved this season is remarkable tbh.

I knew we wouldn't be crushed like some of the pundits seemed convinced of, ESPN was essentially predicting a Derby 2007.

Still a long way to go to truly solidify survival but it's essentially like dream land atm, the bars and pubs around london road especially are making a killing, fans loving life; there is a buzz around the whole city. There was cynicism from some supporters in regards to the premier league in general and the nihilism that comes with yo-yo'ing to and from this division, witnessed by us towards other clubs from afar.. but it looks like we could really make a mark here.

• The topic was unpinned
3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I wouldn't conflate his time with us with his time at Leicester. With us he was a man who couldn't organise a defense if his life depended on it, and once Suarez left us consistently scoring also left.

To be fair he was given Balotelli as a replacement for Suarez. No wonder it went tits up. 

3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

To be fair he was given Balotelli as a replacement for Suarez. No wonder it went tits up. 

He was part of the transfer committee and had final say on all transfers. He is culpable for flops like Benteke and Balotelli, just as you can point the finger at him not really getting the best out of players like Firmino, Lovren, Lallana, and Milner who all massively improved once he moved on.

He’s clearly learned things, and he gave us our best title challenge since the year we challenged where Gerrard and Torres were shit hot. But he also only really had one good year and ultimately his final full season was truly abysmal. I think a manager with more experience with that same squad that one good year might have been what we needed.

I don’t think however much he’s improved at Leicester isn’t going to make me think he was any better as a manager with us. There was one year where he was tactically flexible and we were great, even though we couldn’t defend to save our lives. Other than that he was very stubborn and persisted with strange tactics that often left us looking toothless and vulnerable - and he stayed a bit too long in the end imo, I was so relieved when we finally sacked him and brought Klopp in.

I don’t like him because of his time here, but he’s clearly improved a lot as a manager since them. It’s just a massive shame we didn’t get him after he’d learned a few lessons and we got him while I think he was out of his depth.

• Subscriber

We got him in at the perfect time really. It was a wise pick from him coming here too. Genuinely think his next move after us will be one of the real elite clubs if he keeps this up - that isn't to say Liverpool aren't now but back when they appointed him they weren't. He quite simply wouldn't have gotten the job otherwise.

Archived