The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - Saturday 23rd November, 2019

football forum

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

That was before you sacked him. It probably won't happen I admit that.

There's not a chance.

however would be funny considering how much time people like 6666 spent slagging him off

22 minutes ago, Storts said:

There's not a chance.

however would be funny considering how much time people like 6666 spent slagging him off

Not me though mate. I've said loads of times I think he a great coach. 6666 is biased against anything Tottenham

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Not me though mate. I've said loads of times I think he a great coach. 6666 is biased against anything Tottenham

I know mate was careful to specify. I know you're a fan of him :91_thumbsup: Haha he certainly is, bless him 

• Administrator

Love football. Haven't watched the game but by all accounts it sounded like we should have won by more. 

Still, clean sheet again. Vardy on the scoresheet again (will be break his own record?!), 3 more points.

Ten points ahead of 5th. What a fucking great position to be in heading in to December. Only 8 goals conceded as well is ridiculously good too. 

I can’t be the only one scratching my head that Everton are seemingly having a toss up between a bloke that had ten good games with Watford and David Moyes. This is a football club that has spent in the region of £200m since the start of the 18-19 season. Let’s say those eight players that have commanded a fee are averaging £60,000 a week (I may be doing some a disservice here and other egging some), you’re looking at approximately £220m+ in money spent and they’re seriously debating packing in Marco Silva for David Moyes? That’s before you consider the money they’ve spent on players on loan, players signed for frees and the existing squad.

I’m not for a second suggesting they should be targeting a Pochettino, Allegri or a genuine behemoth of footballing management but I’d expect them to be linked with someone with a far better standing and reputation in the game at the present time than David Moyes. 

For a club who have thrown a lot of money at the playing staff, I think their next appointment could be a defining moment in terms of Everton being a middle of the road club to one with genuine ambitions of European Football annually and getting close(r) to trophies.  

5 hours ago, Stan said:

Love football. Haven't watched the game but by all accounts it sounded like we should have won by more. 

Still, clean sheet again. Vardy on the scoresheet again (will be break his own record?!), 3 more points.

Ten points ahead of 5th. What a fucking great position to be in heading in to December. Only 8 goals conceded as well is ridiculously good too. 

Not bad under a manager that cant get his team to defend :ph34r:

Gonzo must be fuming xD

Southampton had 21 shots at goal. Arsenal are truly shit. Nobody can tell me that sacking Wenger and hiring that muppet was the right decision. 

Oh and David Luiz is possibly the worst, most lazy, disinterested player I've ever seen. Absolute liability. Look at him for Southampton's penalty,... doesn't even move with any anticipation. Hes absolutely shite.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

I can’t be the only one scratching my head that Everton are seemingly having a toss up between a bloke that had ten good games with Watford and David Moyes. This is a football club that has spent in the region of £200m since the start of the 18-19 season. Let’s say those eight players that have commanded a fee are averaging £60,000 a week (I may be doing some a disservice here and other egging some), you’re looking at approximately £220m+ in money spent and they’re seriously debating packing in Marco Silva for David Moyes? That’s before you consider the money they’ve spent on players on loan, players signed for frees and the existing squad.

I’m not for a second suggesting they should be targeting a Pochettino, Allegri or a genuine behemoth of footballing management but I’d expect them to be linked with someone with a far better standing and reputation in the game at the present time than David Moyes. 

For a club who have thrown a lot of money at the playing staff, I think their next appointment could be a defining moment in terms of Everton being a middle of the road club to one with genuine ambitions of European Football annually and getting close(r) to trophies.  

First, our fanbase is just as mystified as you are as a typical viewer from the outside. Second, I think saying that Richarlison, Bernard, Gomes, Mina etc. being on 60k a week is conservative. Third, while I 100% agree with the sentiment that we should be looking way above Moyes with the money we've spent, I just cant see what self respecting manager would risk their reputation trying to solve the everlasting conundrum that is Everton football club.

We are a big ugly mess and we continue to run around in circles trying to solve it.

Embarrassing.

12 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Didn't notice it at first but it's definitely a foul on Lovren. Was surprised to see it ruled out though given the way VAR has been used so far

That penalty overrule was a poor decision imo and more evidence of the worst of VAR. The player at the front post nodded over and out of Lovrens reach which for me makes the foul on him irrelevant to the scoring of the goal. If the referee blew the whistle in the moment is different to disallowring a goal for it after the fact.

The annoying thing too is it makes the win less legitimate in the eyes of naysayers. For sure they score that and we still end up going on to win the game.

11 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Hilarious watching the BBC based in Salford, the pundits actually sigh with disappointment when Liverpool scored. Jesus at least try and hide your hatred. 

They may have thought that decision b.s but so did I. I could just as easily claim this overrule was a consequence of the referees caving to the benefit of the big team as the media are aggressively anti Liverpool.

10 minutes ago, Harry said:

That penalty overrule was a farce imo. The player at the front post nodded over and out of Lovrens reach which for me makes the foul irrelevant to the scoring of the goal. 

The annoying thing too is it makes the win less legitimate in the eyes of naysayers. For sure they score that and we end up going on to win the game.

They may have thought that decision b.s but do did I. I could just as easily claim this overrule was a consequence of the referees caving to the benefit of the big team as the media as aggressively anti Liverpool.

What the fuck is this shit? You are off your head mate. So according to your logic players can pull a knife out and stab all the opposing players that wernt directly involved in the goal? 

The referee didnt cave in to nothing. Their player clearly pushed Lovren without any intent of winning the ball. Jesus christ, you should be a VAR ref... youd fit in perfectly. 

There was a blatant foul in the box, therefore the goal was ruled out. It doesn't matter if it wasnt involving the player who scored mate. You really do need to do some research on the rules  pal. 

27 minutes ago, Harry said:

That penalty overrule was a poor decision imo and more evidence of the worst of VAR. The player at the front post nodded over and out of Lovrens reach which for me makes the foul on him irrelevant to the scoring of the goal. If the referee blew the whistle in the moment is different to disallowring a goal for it after the fact.

The annoying thing too is it makes the win less legitimate in the eyes of naysayers. For sure they score that and we still end up going on to win the game.

They may have thought that decision b.s but so did I. I could just as easily claim this overrule was a consequence of the referees caving to the benefit of the big team as the media are aggressively anti Liverpool.

Mate, even Hodgson said it was the correct decision. 

7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Harry is so intent on coming across as anti bias that he forgets the actual rules of football. 

Seriously should apply for a job in VAR. They haven't got a clue either.

39 minutes ago, Harry said:

That penalty overrule was a poor decision imo and more evidence of the worst of VAR. The player at the front post nodded over and out of Lovrens reach which for me makes the foul on him irrelevant to the scoring of the goal. 

What penalty moment? It was a goal that was disallowed! There was never a question of it being a penalty. It was our player that was fouled in our box? Have you got any clue what you are arguing about? xD

46 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

What penalty moment? It was a goal that was disallowed! There was never a question of it being a penalty. It was our player that was fouled in our box? Have you got any clue what you are arguing about? xD

Wow. Definitely worth a second reply mate well done.

My original version of the message said something like "that fucking decision". I edited the first sentence in my original message for civility and splitting it into two sentences without thinking of exactly what I meant.

Goal overrule. Are you happy now?

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Hodgson said that the winning goal that was disallowed in their game against Arsenal which everybody said was bullshit was more of a foul than the one today, but in his opinion it was correct for both goals to be disallowed. 

I'm sorry but I think it's just soft to disallow over a minor foul that was basically not relevant to the goal. It's just cotton wooling the game further. Especially on replay where you see very little force applied to the back of the Lovren and he basically goes down looking for it.

I feel pretty confident in saying if that was a winning goal for us that was disallowed most Liverpool fans be spitting chips about it.

• Subscriber

At one point yesterday I really felt like Palace were going to do one on us. Especially when Zaha had a golden chance with no one around him. If he takes an extra-touch he gets a chance to strike the ball better but it was never meant to be. It's also good that we came out in the second half with far more intensity because we needed it. Ox and Firmino both had good games yesterday with the former showing how much he is adapting to the way our front three like playing. On a side note, is it just me or has Henderson's ground passing genuinely become very dangerous for the opposition? Twice yesterday he found passes onto running players with a chance on goal and if Sadio goes across the goalkeeper it ends up as a goal. Think he's been one of our most improved players this season personally. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived