talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manager Loyalty in Football

football forum

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Sidenote: @RandoEFC & @Whiskey... remember when Watford fans were up in arms about Silva joining Everton? xD

Looking back on it, it's actually hilarious because Watford are probably the least loyal club to their managers in the top flight. But they taste a bit of disloyalty from their former manager for a second and they act as though the club that ended up with their manager forced them to eat turds.

Dunno how fans of clubs that treat managers as incredibly disposable can get upset if they decide to take another job. A manager moving from Watford to Everton is taking a step up to a club that'll offer him more in the way of ambition - if I was working somewhere where you can get sacked for basically meeting expectations (because I feel like that's a bit like what Watford are like)... I'd absolutely snap up the next job offer I got at a place I viewed as a step up.

Anyone would. I dunno why we expect managers to have higher standards of loyalty to their employers when they really aren't shown too much loyalty and in some cases aren't really shown any loyalty at all.

Yeah that was a good time on Twitter and the plastic snakes they brought to Goodison next time they came, a pretty amusing episode all round.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Sidenote: @RandoEFC & @Whiskey... remember when Watford fans were up in arms about Silva joining Everton? xD

Looking back on it, it's actually hilarious because Watford are probably the least loyal club to their managers in the top flight. But they taste a bit of disloyalty from their former manager for a second and they act as though the club that ended up with their manager forced them to eat turds.

Dunno how fans of clubs that treat managers as incredibly disposable can get upset if they decide to take another job. A manager moving from Watford to Everton is taking a step up to a club that'll offer him more in the way of ambition - if I was working somewhere where you can get sacked for basically meeting expectations (because I feel like that's a bit like what Watford are like)... I'd absolutely snap up the next job offer I got at a place I viewed as a step up.

Anyone would. I dunno why we expect managers to have higher standards of loyalty to their employers when they really aren't shown too much loyalty and in some cases aren't really shown any loyalty at all.

Yeah, remember sitting in the ground literally speechless. 

Tell me you lick windows without telling me you lick windows.

Archived