talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Emre Can - Joins Borussia Dortmund on Loan

football forum

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't he on crazy wages? I know he got a big pay rise from what he was on with us when he joined Juve.

He's a good player on his day, capable of wonder goals and putting in a real shift and covering every blade of grass. I think consistency is a big issue with him though - he's sort of bipolar in his form, he's either immense or he's a bit crap imo. I also think his positioning isn't the greatest for a central midfielder at times and when he's not having a good match, he can be really wasteful in possession.

49 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Isn't he on crazy wages? I know he got a big pay rise from what he was on with us when he joined Juve.

He's a good player on his day, capable of wonder goals and putting in a real shift and covering every blade of grass. I think consistency is a big issue with him though - he's sort of bipolar in his form, he's either immense or he's a bit crap imo. I also think his positioning isn't the greatest for a central midfielder at times and when he's not having a good match, he can be really wasteful in possession.

"On his day" is generous. I have him down as another Pogba (but shitter) in that he's capable of moments of brilliance, but 8 or 9 times out of 10 he'll ultimately let you down over 90 minutes. He's a player who'll limit what you're capable of. I'd stay away if I were... almost anyone

30 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

"On his day" is generous. I have him down as another Pogba (but shitter) in that he's capable of moments of brilliance, but 8 or 9 times out of 10 he'll ultimately let you down over 90 minutes. He's a player who'll limit what you're capable of. I'd stay away if I were... almost anyone

Pogba's only really been like that at Man Utd to be fair - granted with France and Juve he was playing in some of the best midfields around... so how much of that was him getting carried by a good midfield, who knows? I don't think he's got an 80-90% chance of letting you down over 90 minutes though. I think it really is closer to 50%, maybe let's say 60% because I believe he had more bad days than good ones with us.

But yeah, I agree, Dortmund can definitely do better.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Pogba's only really been like that at Man Utd to be fair - granted with France and Juve he was playing in some of the best midfields around... so how much of that was him getting carried by a good midfield, who knows? I don't think he's got an 80-90% chance of letting you down over 90 minutes though. I think it really is closer to 50%, maybe let's say 60% because I believe he had more bad days than good ones with us.

But yeah, I agree, Dortmund can definitely do better.

It's more pronounced now, but even at Juve Pogba was very much a moments player.

I'm not going to bicker about percentages, but people underestimate how fucking negligent Emre Can was. He'd leave us exposed time after time, and I don't think it's a coincidence we used to concede so often from second balls when he was around

13 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

It's more pronounced now, but even at Juve Pogba was very much a moments player.

I'm not going to bicker about percentages, but people underestimate how fucking negligent Emre Can was. He'd leave us exposed time after time, and I don't think it's a coincidence we used to concede so often from second balls when he was around

I agree with you. I think with Pogba, he was a moments player but that midfield he was in was so good that he would have so many of those moments. 

And the second bit is spot on. Can had some good games, but he had more bad games. When it was reported he wasn't going to extend his contract and would be leaving us on a free transfer, I wasn't really arsed at all. And it's been much easier to take a player leaving when you get a replacement in like Fabinho - who's absolutely immense.

But I can't imagine Can being a good signing for Dortmund.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Emre Can - Rejects Man Utd Move
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Linked with Everton now @RandoEFC

Yeah saw it mentioned yesterday. Gomes and Gbamin are both back in light training but probably months off a return. I hope we just loan a midfielder for the rest of the season instead of spending more money on someone.

27 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Quote.thumb.png.cc4c0658e6a1fb168fe1dabd90053302.png

Everton are preparing a £30m bid for 26-year-old Germany and former Liverpool midfielder Emre Can, who is out of favour at Juventus. (Sunday Mirror)

Interesting rumour, particularly given the below other rumour.

On 11/01/2020 at 21:12, CaaC (John) said:

Quote.thumb.png.f8a2818b91d20515cbfdc34c984f91da.png

Juventus and Germany midfielder Emre Can, 25, has rejected a move to Manchester United out of respect to his former club Liverpool. (Tuttosport - via Talksport)

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Interesting rumour, particularly given the below other rumour.

Which rumour would you believe in then, the Sunday Mirror or Tutto? more than likely the Mirror tagged the rumour from Tutto. :D

Some more rumoured links...

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2020/01/18/everton-linked-with-juventus-midfielder/448955/

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/ac-milan/transfer-talk/news/ac-milan-considering-move-for-emre-can_386525.html

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/01/19/carlo-ancelotti-reportedly-wants-yet-another-former-liverpool-pl/

• Subscriber
54 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Please go to Everton. Emre Can is exactly the sort of player I want to see @RandoEFC get more and more irate with as the weeks go by :ph34r:

He would have to be worse than Schneiderlin and Delph for me to really get rattled by him.

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

He would have to be worse than Schneiderlin and Delph for me to really get rattled by him.

He’d probably give you one week of looking like a world beater then 3 weeks of looking pretty shit, rinse and repeat that each month he’s at the club.

But I don’t think he’d be worse than those 2 you listed

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He’d probably give you one week of looking like a world beater then 3 weeks of looking pretty shit, rinse and repeat that each month he’s at the club.

But I don’t think he’d be worse than those 2 you listed

10 minutes of looking half decent once before the end of the season would be better than Delph.

11 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

10 minutes of looking half decent once before the end of the season would be better than Delph.

In all honesty, I think he’s a good player - he’s just inconsistent. Well and his positioning is consistently terrible, which isn’t the greatest if you’re a defensive midfielder... but I think he’s really more of a box to box midfielder (probably because his positioning is dogshit).

Would expect him to be pretty good most matches but also have some irritatingly bad games. Despite the shit performances that pop up, he does have a really good attitude and would probably give Everton a stronger mentality on the pitch - even if he was playing like absolute shit, he was never the sort of player to just let his head drop and give up.

• The title was changed to Emre Can - Joins Borussia Dortmund on Loan

Archived