talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rhian Brewster at Sheffield United

19 minutes ago, Rick said:

Yeah pretty much this. You can’t say Brewster has had the same sort of chances as Jones and Williams has. He had to feed on scraps in his few appearances playing with the second/ third team. Give him the chances Origi gets and I would put money on him scoring plenty from the bench. He’d be a fantastic impact player for us next season. 

Yeah I agree. He has excelled at every level he has ever played at. Time to give him a chance i say.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rick said:

Yeah pretty much this. You can’t say Brewster has had the same sort of chances as Jones and Williams has. He had to feed on scraps in his few appearances playing with the second/ third team. Give him the chances Origi gets and I would put money on him scoring plenty from the bench. He’d be a fantastic impact player for us next season. 

We can say he has the same chances, because we saw the two of them get the same chances as Brewster this season. Jones has, quite frankly, looked the most ready of our prospects and has sort of shown it by performing with experienced and inexperienced players. Neco Williams isn’t far behind him. And in that match of mostly kids vs Arsenal, Origi was our main man... so the argument that Brewster is necessarily better than Origi because of opportunities falls flat on its face.

I’m not saying you’re wrong though. I’m just saying it’s hard to say how good Brewster is and without knowing wtf we are doing this summer, it may be better to be patient and let Brewster develop with regular first team football. Not everyone can be Stevie or Trent and immediately shine.

45 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

We can say he has the same chances, because we saw the two of them get the same chances as Brewster this season. Jones has, quite frankly, looked the most ready of our prospects and has sort of shown it by performing with experienced and inexperienced players. Neco Williams isn’t far behind him. And in that match of mostly kids vs Arsenal, Origi was our main man... so the argument that Brewster is necessarily better than Origi because of opportunities falls flat on its face.

I’m not saying you’re wrong though. I’m just saying it’s hard to say how good Brewster is and without knowing wtf we are doing this summer, it may be better to be patient and let Brewster develop with regular first team football. Not everyone can be Stevie or Trent and immediately shine.

Agree with this also apart from Brewster you saying Brewster has had the same chances as Jones and Neco, because he hasn't.  Brewster played in a team full of kids whereas Jones and Neco have played with the first team.

Klopp will probably be pretty much certain if Brewster is ready. So if he's in the squad (or not) come the start of next season, things will be much clearer. 

Based off of what I saw of Brewster over the play-offs, he looks talented but I don’t think he’s Liverpool ready yet. Couple of passages of play where he could have looked up or composed himself a bit more to create a better chance, which can come with training obviously. That Firminho role requires a lot of nous and I think it’ll be a while before he can fulfil that, but let the likes of Brighton, Leeds, West Brom, Villa and Southampton know they can have him on loan. Managers who can develop young talent, want to play passing attacking football. See how he does in the Prem.

He’s just spanked the Championship no point sending him there again unless the step up don’t work

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Agree with this also apart from Brewster you saying Brewster has had the same chances as Jones and Neco, because he hasn't.  Brewster played in a team full of kids whereas Jones and Neco have played with the first team.

Klopp will probably be pretty much certain if Brewster is ready. So if he's in the squad (or not) come the start of next season, things will be much clearer. 

The thing is Jones and Williams earned those chances by standing out in the cup games earlier on in the season. Brewster had the same opportunities as they did before he went out on loan and didn't really do much with them. Even Harvey Elliot ran rings around Villa for a bit

We all seem to be forgetting Minamino as well. I think we'll see him become first reserve ahead of Origi, mostly covering Firmino and Mane. There's a potential opportunity for Brewster to cover Salah's role, but the more direct style is what Origi does best as well. Brewster might be better than him overall (he very well might not, by the way) but is he better than him at that?

Games will come thick and fast and teams may have 5 subs to play with, so I think Brewster will have a chance to earn his place in the preseason and maybe early season before the window closes. I wouldn't even be surprised if we kept him at least until the end of the winter window so he can play in the cups. But after that I tend to agree with @Dr. Gonzo that it might be better for him to go out on loan than stick around and be 4th or 5th choice

The other thing that might come into this is that his long term future may not be at Liverpool, and so it might be better for him and for us (in terms of getting a good price) if he were to go and just play as a striker somewhere rather than trying to be a false 9 or a winger in our system.

5 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Jones and Neco stood out playing alongside kids though, that’s why they got further chances.

7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Jones and Neco stood out playing alongside kids though, that’s why they got further chances.

Is it why they got further chances though? Maybe it is or maybe Neco got his chance because we didn't have a back up RB for Trent in the squad and that Jones got his chance because Lallana was leaving and needed replacing? Its much harder for Brewster to get any sort of playing time when our front 3 play nearly every game and Klopp trusts Origi. Then there's Mini. 

I dunno, maybe Brewster will be sent out again, maybe not. I'm sure Klopp already knows what's going to happen. We shall see.

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Is it why they got further chances though? Maybe it is or maybe Neco got his chance because we didn't have a back up RB for Trent in the squad and that Jones got his chance because Lallana was leaving and needed replacing? Its much harder for Brewster to get any sort of playing time when our front 3 play nearly every game and Klopp trusts Origi. Then there's Mini. 

I dunno, maybe Brewster will be sent out again, maybe not. I'm sure Klopp already knows what's going to happen. We shall see.

You miss all that Klopp-Lallana love in at the end of the season? Curtis got games ahead of Lallana at the end probably because Lallana’s on his way out. But also because he’s actually good enough to make the first team now, which is no easy task with our current seasons CM depth.

We’ve got more quality CM depth than we’ve got front 3 depth!

Curtis has also pretty clearly been our standout young player that was given chances this year, so no I don’t think it’s just as easy as “Klopp preferred him to one of his favourites just because his favourite was on the way out.”

I think it would be stupid for us to sign a backup right back, considering we’ve got Neco and Hoover, I suspect that’s probably why we didn’t sign one before the start of last season? And probably why those two got chances this season. And why one of those two got more chances this season?

I trust Klopp’s got the best intentions for what to do with Brewster’s career, so I think it’s a load of arguing for no reason. He either thinks he’s ready, or he’s not.... and he’s pretty decent at getting young talents into our side. So have faith.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

You miss all that Klopp-Lallana love in at the end of the season? Curtis got games ahead of Lallana at the end probably because Lallana’s on his way out. But also because he’s actually good enough to make the first team now, which is no easy task with our current seasons CM depth.

We’ve got more quality CM depth than we’ve got front 3 depth!

Curtis has also pretty clearly been our standout young player that was given chances this year, so no I don’t think it’s just as easy as “Klopp preferred him to one of his favourites just because his favourite was on the way out.”

I think it would be stupid for us to sign a backup right back, considering we’ve got Neco and Hoover, I suspect that’s probably why we didn’t sign one before the start of last season? And probably why those two got chances this season. And why one of those two got more chances this season?

I trust Klopp’s got the best intentions for what to do with Brewster’s career, so I think it’s a load of arguing for no reason. He either thinks he’s ready, or he’s not.... and he’s pretty decent at getting young talents into our side. So have faith.

What? Arguing? 

I've said I'm not sure what will happen with Brewster. I was just trying to see both perspectives thats all xD. If I had to guess I'd say I think Brewster might be kept around next season but on the other hand, I wouldnt be surprised one bit to see him sent out for more game time on loan. Either is perfectly fine by me.

I have plenty of faith in Klopp mate, don't worry about that. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.16b9ef5f925a5cd980308f35627e41e7.png

Tottenham facing Klopp U-turn over plans to set deadly striker free in Prem

Tottenham are targeting a move for Liverpool striker Rhian Brewster in a bid to find a back-up for Harry Kane, according to a report.

Spurs want new additions up front as they look to provide cover for Harry Kane. The England talisman spent three months of last season on the sidelines with a serious hamstring injury.

Earlier speculation has suggested that Bournemouth forward Callum Wilson is a target for Tottenham. The north London club could strike a cheap deal, given the Cherries’ relegation.

According to another report from Football Insider, however, Brewster is also on Spurs’ radar of options. The 20-year-old recently rejoined the Reds after a stunning loan spell at Swansea. (TEAMtalk)Arrow.png.0135e6ce39b74e6adb6b406602c18e76.png

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Tottenham facing Klopp U-turn over plans to set deadly striker free in Prem

'deadly' striker describing Brewster xDxDxD 

(Not you John, I know). 

• Subscriber

He's already cover at one club and to move to another might just be a matter of how much game time can Spurs really give him. Klopp likes Brewster and sees potential there so he might just hold onto him and use him more this season. 

5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

That to me @LFCMike reads like he will be sent out on loan dont you think? 

Disappointing because I reckon he could have made a real impact. 

Possibly yeah. Difficult one because we're going to need the bodies but playing every week somewhere else might be more beneficial for him

As I mentioned in the general Liverpool thread, I hope we keep him about for the season. If we're going to insist on using Origi primarily out wide, why not give Brewster the chance to play backup to Firmino? Instead of trying to shoehorn someone like Origi or Minamino into the same role Bobby plays, at least Brewster offers us something completely different as a form of striker. I'd much rather see him stay and be given more chances to adjust to our system - I think his success on loan last season should at least grant him that opportunity.

5 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

That to me @LFCMike reads like he will be sent out on loan dont you think? 

Disappointing because I reckon he could have made a real impact. 

I think that's pretty ambiguous tbh. He's essentially said "we'll wait and see what happens to him" - it could mean anything. Could mean we're keeping him for attacking depth, could mean he's heading out on loan.

4 minutes ago, shut up said:

to score 1 in 2 in the championship at 19 Is impressive tbf.

If you do loan him out, it has to be a prem club now. Leeds would be a great shout.

Newcastle and Sheff Utd apparently the clubs interested. Leeds is a good shout though.

• The title was changed to Rhian Brewster - Set to Sign For Sheff Utd
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived