talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rhian Brewster at Sheffield United

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly think Liverpool should keep him and use him. I know I said that earlier in the thread and I maintain it.

The lad is bloody decent and actually offered more than I thought whenever I saw him in Championship games. I like that he carry's an arrogance on the pitch, it shows he is confident and believes in his own ability which strikers need.

He finished the season on a high at Swansea, in decent form and I think he'd have a great impact for Liverpool. He'd be such a nuisance coming off the bench for the last half hour or 20mins in games.

Nothing wrong with sending him out on loan of course, I just think equally there is no need. You could see him having a Greenwood impact albeit maybe not quite on his scale.

I've seen @shut up suggest he would be good at Leeds and I'd love that, he would poach so many goals the way we play, but I just don't think we're interested sadly.

3 hours ago, Harvsky said:

In case I didn't sell us enough earlier, we never get penalties so Brewster will be alright here.

I don’t think playing at Newcastle would really be great for his development, tbh. Steve Bruce’s Newcastle spent most of the season shithousing results while barely ever having the ball. I think you could probably help him grow individually as a player on how to maybe succeed without much service. But you don’t really play like us so it wouldn’t be a great stepping stone loan in terms of getting him more likely to be a Liverpool player in the future.

Imo he’s likely to fail if he goes to a club where he’s getting limited service. That’s in nobody’s interest really.

7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don’t think playing at Newcastle would really be great for his development, tbh. Steve Bruce’s Newcastle spent most of the season shithousing results while barely ever having the ball. I think you could probably help him grow individually as a player on how to maybe succeed without much service. But you don’t really play like us so it wouldn’t be a great stepping stone loan in terms of getting him more likely to be a Liverpool player in the future.

Imo he’s likely to fail if he goes to a club where he’s getting limited service. That’s in nobody’s interest really.

No greater learning curve than failure :ph34r:

I've got a feeling that for whatever reason, Klopp just doesn't fancy him. Yesterday was the perfect opportunity to give him at least half an hour and he didn't. I've not seen enough of him to pass comment but I've seen suggestions that he doesn't do enough off the ball to work in a Klopp side

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

I've got a feeling that for whatever reason, Klopp just doesn't fancy him. Yesterday was the perfect opportunity to give him at least half an hour and he didn't. I've not seen enough of him to pass comment but I've seen suggestions that he doesn't do enough off the ball to work in a Klopp side

Yeah, it seems clear to me that is the case too. I think if that’s the reason, it would be a bit of a kick in the teeth seeing the likes of Shaqiri (who offers very little off the ball himself) staying on while he doesn’t get a fair crack. The best way to use Brewster is against teams sitting deep, for him to just sit in their box and wait for any scraps coming in. He’s a great poacher and we could do with that as a back up. 

• 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Rick said:

Bit shit to see him go, watch him bang them in for palace and us end up spending +10m to buy him back in 18 months time.  

Alternatively, he stays and barely gets near the bench apart from cup competitions. Doesn't progress as a footballer and ends up in the Championship in a couple of years time. If he progresses so much that we end up buying him back then it's worth it. 

• Subscriber
40 minutes ago, Rick said:

Bit shit to see him go, watch him bang them in for palace and us end up spending +10m to buy him back in 18 months time.  

I see it as us securing a future player if he turns out to get better honestly. If it all goes to pots then no harm no foul. I think he's going to do very well there honestly. +10m will be a snip if he gains form and gets match experience versus him staying with us and not getting as much as he needs at this phase of his career.

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Alternatively, he stays and barely gets near the bench apart from cup competitions. Doesn't progress as a footballer and ends up in the Championship in a couple of years time. If he progresses so much that we end up buying him back then it's worth it. 

Think I’m more annoyed if Origi gets minutes this season and likely does next to nothing with them. We’ll see, I’m not overly annoyed about this one. The buy back being 37m is good. 

8 minutes ago, Rick said:

Think I’m more annoyed if Origi gets minutes this season and likely does next to nothing with them. We’ll see, I’m not overly annoyed about this one. The buy back being 37m is good. 

Fuck getting into this Origi debate againxD

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Origi’s going to get minutes this season for sure, we didn’t sell him. He’ll probably get less time than last season because we have Jota.

Think it’s pretty disrespectful though to assume he’ll just do nothing. We saw him do more with his time in a red shirt last season than we did with Brewster, who looked nowhere near ready in his first team cameos. He looked good on loan in the championship, sure. The trouble is we’re not in the championship.

• The title was changed to Rhian Brewster - Set to Sign For Sheff Utd
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived