talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rhian Brewster at Sheffield United

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I respect Parish just coming out and asking Sky to take it down because it's bollocks xD

also suggests that Pearce's sources might be a bit shit now.

We dont have any sources anymore. The club tell nobody fuck all until a deal is almost done.

We are being linked with him and Arsenals' Buendia, the noise from Palace is a good sign.. but still seems unlikely. Wilder will put pressure on the board but if reports are to believed we are going for loan-to-buy option, which won't make sense for Liverpool since they will be wanting funds to offset their own spend.

3 hours ago, DNA said:

We are being linked with him and Arsenals' Buendia, the noise from Palace is a good sign.. but still seems unlikely. Wilder will put pressure on the board but if reports are to believed we are going for loan-to-buy option, which won't make sense for Liverpool since they will be wanting funds to offset their own spend.

We might be willing to go for a loan-to-buy, it’s pretty much the same as buying but you get to count that spending on the books for next year, and then you space out that fee you do pay over the years he’s actually playing after signing for you rather than by year. And then the first year you’d have him, you’d probably just pay his wages rather than a fee.

Considering how we’ve tried to be pretty creative with how we structure deals this season, I’m sure we can appreciate other clubs doing the same.

If we’re selling him though, I do hope we put a buyback clause in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Rhian Brewster - Set to Sign For Sheff Utd

That is a fair upfront price tbh, wouldn’t make sense to sell Brewster for less seeing as he only played 20 something games and scored 11 times. If he had a full season he’d compete for top goal scorer. Liverpool have lowered the price tbh to get the sell on and buy back clause in imo. Cos otherwise you’d push for something close to what Watkins left for

Sheffield United need a little something special up top. A bit of pace, and raw quality. He would give them that.

He kind of fits in there like he did at Swansea. Both sides had a solid base, decent full backs and play nice football.

If Sheffield United had more cutting edge, they would have beat us last week I think. I hope it works out for him, he's got something about him.  

• Subscriber

How do they do it? Unreal. Do you not think they just let Bournemouth and Sheffield United have the player for free on the condition that they tell everyone they paid £25m to make Liverpool's guys look like geniuses? It's the only explanation. xD:ph34r:

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Lads this is a straight forward price for one of the best forwards in the Championship last season

I know the market’s gone mental, but that’s still a lot of money to me for a striker that’s not played top flight football yet.

Dont get me wrong, I think he’s going to be a good signing for them he was one of our brighter prospects.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I know the market’s gone mental, but that’s still a lot of money to me for a striker that’s not played top flight football yet.

Dont get me wrong, I think he’s going to be a good signing for them he was one of our brighter prospects.

No it is a lot of money but I’m just saying Edwards hasn’t performed a miracle, the kid hit 1 in 2 in the Championship at 20 years old. Hes worth what’s being paid

Pretty happy with that, fee is reasonable in this market and the buy back isn’t much of a deterrent as he’d need to be a world beater for them to want him back in the fold and if he did get to that level that only benefits us anyway. Brings another dimension to the team, something we desperately need.

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Kinda reminds me of the Ibe deal. But I hope Brewster has a much more succesful career. 

Brewster really impressed me during the U-17 WC in 2017. Insane that Vinícius, who´s of the same age, got much more chances at Real Madrid than Brewster did at Liverpool. This actually is telling of how strong Liverpool has become under Klopp, there´s really no easy path to the A team. 

39 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I mean, this is the same Sheffield United that sold Dominic Calvert-Lewin for £1.5m when Steve Walsh probably would have given them £380m so it's not like they're that hard to fleece :eek:.

Calvert-Lewin‘s rise is incredible and hats off to the people at Everton for spotting... ‘something’, because he wasn’t even League One level, weak as shit, a light breeze would knock him over and had some absolute blunders in front of goal. ‘Steve Walsh” must be some sort of mystic meg, surprised we even bothered to add a sell-on. Hats off really..

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived