The better place to talk football.

Said Benrahma - West Ham Complete Deal

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 8 months later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.4545b60026e1c7c63a13f559d2a09f87.png

There is hope among Leeds United and other interested clubs that Brentford will sell Said Benrahma for less than £20 million and not £25 million, according to The Telegraph.

It has been reported that Leeds, West Ham United, Aston Villa, Crystal Palace and Leicester City all are interested in signing Benrahma from Brentford in the summer transfer window.

The report has claimed that the Whites are ready to follow up their interest in the Algeria international winger by making an offer.

It has been further added that although Brentford – who lost to Fulham in the Championship playoff final this week – value the 24-year-old at £25 million, there is hope among interested parties that they will sell him for less than £20 million. (HITC)Arrow.png.25544acfbdb325f9168cdfc8a397c0e6.png

It depends how hard we go for it, I don't know how desperate we are for him compared to the others and their needs.

If it turns into a bidding war then for me we need to pull out, he's not essential and he remains unproven at that level. What we have is decent and I'd rather save the money and go big for Ben White.

Out of all those clubs, if you are Benrahma, realistically you'd probably choose Leicester anyway.

Strongest side of those mentioned and in Europe. Would be hard for him to turn them down.

• The title was changed to Said Benrahma - Several Clubs Linked
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrator
5 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

It seems like we have been advised to get this done before West Ham have the funds from player sales.

I know I mentioned on Twitter but it must be a preference of Benrahma's to stay in London surely if you and West Ham are the only clubs interested?

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

I know I mentioned on Twitter but it must be a preference of Benrahma's to stay in London surely if you and West Ham are the only clubs interested?

More than likely but I dont know who else would be interested at present. Leeds are after Rodrigo De Paul. Newcastle have Fraser/ASM. Leicester I imagine will want players that have succeeded in the PL previously.

If I was him I'd stay at Brentford for another year, but I imagine his concern is if he doesn't leave now and Brentford go up he may never get the chance to test himself at a higher level.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

More than likely but I dont know who else would be interested at present. Leeds are after Rodrigo De Paul. Newcastle have Fraser/ASM. Leicester I imagine will want players that have succeeded in the PL previously.

If I was him I'd stay at Brentford for another year, but I imagine his concern is if he doesn't leave now and Brentford go up he may never get the chance to test himself at a higher level.

He's 25 so has quite a bit of time. 

I think if we're only relying on PL players previously it's risky and we have to expect to spend money, which we seemingly don't have a lot of xD.

Don't mind if that's the case but only if we buy players to improve our squad depth alongside it.

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, DNA said:

Shame he’s off to West Ham, doesn’t seem the right fit for him; suppose they are the only ones willing to give him the type of mad wages he was looking for.

No one else has met our asking price

• The title was changed to Said Benrahma - West Ham Deal Agreed?

Big fee that, I can see why we were looking oversea's now for a higher calibre of player because it seemed obvious to me we'd get him as soon as we went up.

That said, I do think he'll be totally fine up here and it's a good move from West Ham having him one side, Bowen the other. That's a really balanced attack.

I still can't quite understand why the Crystal Palace move didn't happen? I thought he was a dead cert to be going there? I know Zaha has stayed but still, I wouldn't necessarily say they don't need him? @The Palace Fan

35 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Big fee that, I can see why we were looking oversea's now for a higher calibre of player because it seemed obvious to me we'd get him as soon as we went up.

That said, I do think he'll be totally fine up here and it's a good move from West Ham having him one side, Bowen the other. That's a really balanced attack.

I still can't quite understand why the Crystal Palace move didn't happen? I thought he was a dead cert to be going there? I know Zaha has stayed but still, I wouldn't necessarily say they don't need him? @The Palace Fan

Think him and Eze might be too similar and take up similar spots on the pitch

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Conflicting stories. Somewhere in the middle is possibly the truth. Roy Hodgson seems to think we don't need him which is laughable. I imagine its a combination of West Ham being his first choice and us being unwilling to meet the 30m valuation earlier in the transfer window prior to West Ham raising the funds.

29 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Conflicting stories. Somewhere in the middle is possibly the truth. Roy Hodgson seems to think we don't need him which is laughable. I imagine its a combination of West Ham being his first choice and us being unwilling to meet the 30m valuation earlier in the transfer window prior to West Ham raising the funds.

Seems like a missed opportunity to me.

I thought that would have made a great statement for the club to sign him along with the likes of Eze and keeping Zaha. 

Archived