Sunderland vs Burton

355.gif

Tuesday 26th November, 2019
Forest Green vs Crewe
Grimsby vs Cheltenham

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope we can continue our good form and beat Reading tomorrow. We needed an away win and to grab one so late at Luton was perfect. Never easy having back to back aways in the space of three days but we are used to it.

Again, we are only winning games by small margins despite the gulf in stats possession and shots wise. It would be nice to really put a team away for once but then it wouldnt be us would it.

Bamford can hopefully put a run together now. It is slowly starting to click for him at a time Nketiah was coming in and got injured. He needs to keep plugging away up there because his effort has been spot on.

Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Late winner for Leeds?! @Lucas

Fulham & Cardiff win. Luton surprisingly beat Charlton after losing their last 5.  Huddersfield hold Swansea and Millwall draw with Wigan.

Very late, a little fortunate but will take the luck when it comes because we have dropped points unluckily this season.

6/10 performance tonight. Passing was all over the place. Think we tried to force the issue too much first half.

Second half we were a bit calmer and began to stretch them but wouldn't say we created too much.

Reading defended well, had one glorious chance but in the main, were there to purely spoil. And they are at home. I mean we had all the ball camped in their half whilst they stayed solid. But that's testament to how much a threat we are.

Win is a win and I guess that's what "Promotion candidates do". We roll on to Saturday now. Hope we keep the momentum building.

P.S Ben White, you are a joke. Ridiculous player. John Stones minus the mistakes.

No idea where yesterday's performance came from but I'll take it. We had some lovely passing moves in the first half, for the goal especially - better than that famous one we had at Derby a couple of years ago - and Joe Rothwell was unplayable at times, one of the best matches I've seen from an inidividual Rover in ages.

I will also give Corry Evans credit - he's long had many critics at Rovers , myself included, but he had one of his best games in years yesterday, exactly what we need in the centre of the park. We still look piss weak at the back sometimes but Brentford never seemed to click up front yesterday either. Christian Walton thankfully went 90 minutes without disaster for once too.

Onwards to Stoke away. Only six points off the playoffs now...

• Subscriber
50 minutes ago, HawayTheLads said:

Parkinson out. Absolutely dog shit from us recently. Been reading Max Power's post match interview and at least he is showing some accountability.

Calling for his head already? Hasn't it only been like 10 games? Sunderland are very good at getting rid of managers before they've settled in.

• Administrator
55 minutes ago, HawayTheLads said:

Parkinson out. Absolutely dog shit from us recently. Been reading Max Power's post match interview and at least he is showing some accountability.

Would he be given any allowances in January to get his players that he wants in? 

Seems to have inherited a squad where he can't do much with so just essentially fire-fighting until he can put his own stamp on the squad.

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Would he be given any allowances in January to get his players that he wants in? 

Seems to have inherited a squad where he can't do much with so just essentially fire-fighting until he can put his own stamp on the squad.

Not sure. Stewart Donald doesn't seem to be too keen on giving him funds and wants him to do a job with what he's got even if the squad is the worst I've ever seen. We've had wins over Burnley and Sheffield United in the cup but when it comes to the league, we are just looking like we are destined for another mid-table finish.

• Subscriber
Just now, HawayTheLads said:

Not sure. Stewart Donald doesn't seem to be too keen on giving him funds and wants him to do a job with what he's got even if the squad is the worst I've ever seen. We've had wins over Burnley and Sheffield United in the cup but when it comes to the league, we are just looking like we are destined for another mid-table finish.

But surely that isn't Parkinson's fault? Like Stan said, he's inherited this team and can only do so much. Parkinson has the history to back him up in the fact that he's done good things with teams in the past and that stuff takes time unfortunately.

10 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

But surely that isn't Parkinson's fault? Like Stan said, he's inherited this team and can only do so much. Parkinson has the history to back him up in the fact that he's done good things with teams in the past and that stuff takes time unfortunately.

But you know with being a Grimsby fan and following Sunderland whilst you were up here, it's all well and good hiring a manager who is going to do good in the long run but fans want results not patience.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, HawayTheLads said:

But you know with being a Grimsby fan and following Sunderland whilst you were up here, it's all well and good hiring a manager who is going to do good in the long run but fans want results not patience.

You can't have it both ways though and expect instant results because that's not how it works.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived