talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Hertha Berlin sack Ante Covic - Jürgen Klinsmann to take over

football forum

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

During the 90's I had a young friend in Herne who was the image of JK and he was a brilliant young player - sadly an injury meant his game was over, but young Christian became  Der junge Klinsmann and will probably be at the game on Friday - Hope Jurgen's effect on the team is not immediate but great to see him back properly in the BL.

24 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Covic being sacked was expected, Klinsmann taking over is odd considering his disastrous time at Bayern's helm, though.

I wonder if he brings back the Buddha statues. :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Tommy said:

That's fantastic news! It's great to see the legend that is Jurgen Klinsmann now managing another club in the Bundesliga. His spell as manager of Bayern in 2008-2009 wasn't that great. But he seems to be a manager who is very good at motivating the players and he likes his sides to play fast paced attacking football. So I think we can expect Hertha to at least play some exciting football.

It's terrific to see Klinsmann back managing in the Bundesliga, I hope that he has success at Hertha.

• Subscriber

The management team Klinsmann brings with him is definitely interesting. Alex Nouri and Markus Feldhoff as assistant managers and Andreas Köpke as a goalkeeper coach; DFB apparently granted him leave until some time next year to take this interim position at Hertha. Arne Friedrich joins as "Performance Manager" (not sure what this position entails exactly). 

Quite a few well known names; wonder how that works out for Hertha. They must be forking out some decent cash for the names alone.

Archived