Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

(EL) - Group L - Matchday 5 - Thursday 28th November, 2019

FC Astana vs Man Utd, 15.50
AZ Alkmaar vs Partizan Belgrade, 17.55

image.png

Partizan need to win to have any chance of qualifying.

Well done to the young lad after battling through 12 months of chemotherapy treatment for testicular cancer. :congrats:

Quote.thumb.png.acdd656760391c1ebebdff1bfc49904e.png

Max Taylor: Man Utd defender gets first senior call-up following chemotherapy

_109898519_maxtaylor_getty1.jpg

Max Taylor returned to training after getting the all-clear from medical staff

Manchester United defender Max Taylor has received his first senior call-up, 12 months after having chemotherapy treatment for testicular cancer.

The 19-year-old has been named in a youthful squad for United's Europa League group game against Astana in Kazakhstan on Thursday.

Taylor only returned to training in September after getting the all-clear from medical staff.

United have already qualified for the knockout phase.

Manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has left most of his senior players in Manchester with James Garner, 18, Mason Greenwood, 18, and Dylan Levitt, 19, understood to be part of the United squad.

First-team coaches Michael Carrick and Kieran McKenna have also been excused the six-hour flight and will work with Solskjaer's squad before Sunday's Premier League encounter with Aston Villa at Old Trafford.

Nicky Butt, United's head of first-team development, will join Solskjaer on the trip to Astana.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50562983

Bloody hell, he's named Lingard as Captain for the night, we could lose this now, knowing Lingard he will have the team dancing and doing selfies on his mobile in the dressing room.  :eek: 

Mathematically United are through no matter what happens right?

8 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Bloody hell, he's named Lingard as Captain for the night, we could lose this now, knowing Lingard he will have the team dancing and doing selfies on his mobile in the dressing room.  :eek: 

I was right, he must have had them dancing and they went out and lost 2-1  xD

It was almost literally the U23’s playing a nothing game nearly 4000 miles away. Who gives a fuck.

32 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Chong just missed a sitter @Teso dos Bichos

That's why he wont be missed if he leaves. 

12 minutes ago, Rick said:

@Teso dos Bichos good result? 

Absolutely. The defense and the team chemistry was on point. Our best youngster, Hannibal Mejbri, would of made a difference in my opinion. For his age, it's scary how good of a central midfielder he is. The process is real people. 

Until of course he says he wants to leave. Then he’ll obviously be not good enough. 

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Mathematically United are through no matter what happens right?

With the visitors having already qualified for the last 32, manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer spared his senior players the 6,000-mile round-trip to Kazakhstan, took a squad packed with academy graduates and chose an XI with an average age of 22 years and 26 days - the youngest fielded in European competition.

MATCH REPORT

• Upvote 1

At least United have provided a lot of entertainment so far this season... for everybody who does not support them.. 

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

It was almost literally the U23’s playing a nothing game nearly 4000 miles away. Who gives a fuck.

Yea... I mean who cares if you lost a game against a side that no-one has ever heard of and who had the worst win record/goals conceded in the competition... until you lot rocked up that is... 

5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

At least United have provided a lot of entertainment so far this season... for everybody who does not support them.. 

Yea... I mean who cares if you lost a game against a side that no-one has ever heard of and who had the worst win record/goals conceded in the competition... until you lot rocked up that is... 

I’m also pretty certain most didn’t play a bunch of kids that were making their debuts........but let’s not let some facts get in the way of a good overreaction session xD

9 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

but let’s not let some facts get in the way of a good overreaction session

I think you know me well enough by now to know I don't overreact to things... What I wrote was a factual post and although you skipped over it was just agreeing with you, offering moral support you could say but hey, if you are going to throw it back in my face and all that I might not bother in future... 

• Haha 1

I was going to ask how on earth did Manchester United lose to an Astana team who were destroyed both home 6-0 and away 5-0 by AZ Alkmaar. But I've obviously just realised that Solskjaer gave the kids a run-out. That's a sensible move, given that United had already qualified to the knockout stages prior to this game and also given the fact that United had to travel almost 5,000 Kilometers to get to Astana. 

Not a big blow for #theprocess losing to the mighty Astana.

It can happen..no really it can happen.

• Haha 1

Only two players in the squad didnt come through the academy. Six debuts in total, what a time to be a man utd fan. :x great things are coming our way.