Sunday 1st December, 2019
Borussia Monchengladbach vs SC Freiburg
Wolfsburg vs Werder Bremen, 17.30

Monday 2nd December, 2019
Mainz vs Eintracht Frankfurt, 19.30

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RB Leipzig have totally outclassed Paderborn in the first half of their encounter. Patrik Schick scored Leipzig's first goal with a beautiful swivel and finish, which left the Paderborn defence and goalie for dead. Sabitzer and Werner got the other goals, but this has been another very convincing performance by Leipzig today. They look like the main challengers to Bayern Munich this season, as far as winning the title is concerned.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Just tuned into the Konferenz.

Paderborn claw one back...Suspected offside though.

Yes, it was ruled out for offside. Paderborn do look like they have come out with real intent to score in this second half, but I can see Leipzig probably scoring more goals as well.

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Now Selke's equaliser against BVB also ruled out for offside haha. 

It's weird to see Klinsmann back to the Bundesliga.

I think that Klinsmann will have a good affect on Hertha Berlin. He can motivate the players and he likes his teams to play attacking football. Hertha do have some quality players and I think that Jurgen will get them close to playing to their potential as a team.

Hummels was sent off late in the 1st half for Dortmund against Hertha, he's not had a good week has he? 

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Michael said:

Hummels was sent off late in the 1st half for Dortmund against Hertha, he's not had a good week has he? 

Yeah... I missed the first half as I was watching the F2 race so didn't see what happened there. There have been two red cards in Köln vs Augsburg too O.o

Come on Paderborn! Only one goal behind now...

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah... I missed the first half as I was watching the F2 race so didn't see what happened there. There have been two red cards in Köln vs Augsburg too O.o

Come on Paderborn! Only one goal behind now...

Leipzig will be furious if they let this lead slip. Parderborn are really going for it. 

Yes, I have kept an eye on the Koln match and I noted the 2 sending offs. But Koln have been very dissapointing this season, I expected much more from them.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Michael said:

Leipzig will be furious if they let this lead slip. Parderborn are really going for it. 

Yes, I have kept an eye on the Koln match and I noted the 2 sending offs. But Koln have been very dissapointing this season, I expected much more from them.

So did I... I thought their squad was decent enough and had enough individual quality for them to be able to stay up comfortably.

• Subscriber
Just now, Michael said:

Yes, Hennings for Fortuna and Cordoba for Koln. Will we see any more late goals from the Bundesliga games being played now I wonder.

Hopefully a last minute equaliser for Paderborn :P 

I'm happy with the point, but based on the 2nd half, we could have even won the game. We started awful, and there were so many misplaced passes, terrible first touches etc. But the 2nd half was better, but there was still precision lacking. If we were a bit more clinical, we would have won that match. 

Anyway, happy with the point. 

15 minutes ago, nudge said:

Hopefully a last minute equaliser for Paderborn :P 

Not quite, but is was a valiant effort by Paderborn in that second half. RB Leipzig go top of the Bundesliga with that win. I was happy to see Schick start for them, as I think that he can come good at Leipzig, if he avoids too many injuries. He also scored a skilled goal, which is a promising sign as well.

Wow, what an all action start in Gladbach, first Gladbach took an early lead through Thuram in the 3rd minute and then Freiburg equalised through Schmid in the 6th minute! Both teams have come out all guns blazing it seems, there looks to be plenty more goals ahead in this one.

-Hertha Berlin vs Borussia Dortmund
-Paderborn vs RB Leipzig
-Bayern Munich vs Bayer Leverkusen, 17.30
-Borussia Monchengladbach vs SC Freiburg

All absolute crackers. 

I watch all top 4 leagues(PL,LL,SA,BL) and, while last BL season was good, this season the Bundesliga is the most entertaining league in Europe - unthinkable two years ago.

I'm not just saying this because the top 9 are seperated by just 8 points, but because the quality of football is seriously on par with the other three top leagues.

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Freiburg played well, but Gladbach's attacking qualities were just too much for them. Embolo man of the match for sure. 

Embolo seems to be slowly living up to the great potential that we all thought he had. Embolo, Thuram and Plea all look like impressive forwards. Gladbach have played excellently in some matches this season and their attack is one of the main reasons for their success.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

2-1 against Wolfsburg in HT. Decent going forward and shaky defending as usual. Lovely goal by Bittencourt! Also two great saves by Pavlenka.

Similar to the Gladbach v Freiburg game, it's been end to end and exciting. Bittencourt scored a beauty of a header there, but Wolfsburg will no doubt press even more in the 2nd half looking for the equaliser. Pavlenka's save from Guilavogui's close range header was world class. It promises to be an equally exciting 2nd half given the attitude of the teams in the 1st half.

34 minutes ago, Michael said:

Embolo seems to be slowly living up to the great potential that we all thought he had. Embolo, Thuram and Plea all look like impressive forwards. Gladbach have played excellently in some matches this season and their attack is one of the main reasons for their success.

Don't forget Patrick Herrmann. He's playing a great season so far. 

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

2-2, looked a bit offside-ish to me though. 

Goal is called off, it's still 2-1 to Werder, but Wolfsburg are very dangerous at free-kicks. Wolfsburg have big players like Weghorst, Guilavogui, Bruma and Brooks who are all good in the air and Arnold, who is one of the best set piece takers around.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

2-2, looked a bit offside-ish to me though. 

edit: It was. Disallowed. Nice.

Don't think we'll manage NOT to concede another before the final whistle though xD 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived