talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2019/20 [13. Spieltag] - 29 Nov-2nd December 2019

football forum

1 minute ago, nudge said:

He'll probably be gone in summer :( 

Haha, I didn't want to say it before you, lol. Yeah, I think he will leave in the summer, especially if Kosovo qualify for the Euros. Because he will be able to exhibit his skills at a major competiton for all to see.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Finally a win... an important one too; gives us a bit breathing space and a desperately needed confidence boost. Paderborn next, then Bayern, then Mainz and Köln before the winter break. Should be able to get 9 points from those remaining 4 matches.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Finally a win... an important one too; gives us a bit breathing space and a desperately needed confidence boost. Paderborn next, then Bayern, then Mainz and Köln before the winter break. Should be able to get 9 points from those remaining 4 matches.

Yes Nudge, this win was crucial for you guys. You also have Pavlenka to thank for some of his big saves, but this win should really boost the teams morale after several losses.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yes Nudge, this win was crucial for you guys. You also have Pavlenka to thank for some of his big saves, but this win should really boost the teams morale after several losses.

Yeah Pavlenka was class today (bar that one mistake where he let the ball slip which luckily went unpunished as Weghorst was offside), he needed a confidence boost just as much after his several blunders in previous matches to be honest... Bittencourt & Rashica both impressive as well. But overall it was a nice team effort.

Nice to see Werder winning again. Rashica is a beast.

Furthermore the returning of Ludwig Augustinsson plays a big part as well.

Some Werder fans did not believe in him and claimed he would not return during this year but he proved all those doubters wrong. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Faithcore said:

Some Werder fans did not believe in him and claimed he would not return during this year but he proved all those doubters wrong. 

Now you jinxed it and he'll likely pick up another injury in the next match due to him being rushed to come back too early :ph34r:

On a serious note, it's great to have him back. As much as I like Friedl, he's not made to play as a left back; it's not good for the team and not good for him either. 

7 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

I think that Ludwig Augustinsson's return is a huge boost to the team. He's one of the best left backs in Europe. He's one of their best players and he played an important part in their win today. 

I am sure he will go straight back into the Sweden starting 11 now that he is fit again.

Eintracht Frankfurt are away to Mainz tonight. Mainz are fresh from thrashing Hoffenheim 5-1 in Hoffenheim, despite playing all of the 2nd half with one man less, due to the sending off of Mainz's Bote Baku in the 45th minute.

Having said that, I have a good feeling about Frankfurt tonight despite the fact that they are playing away from home. Hutter has changed the team around as he always done, but I do really happen to like his player selections and his formation in this game. The defence looks strong and younger with Hinteregger, Toure and N'Dicka protecting Ronnow in goal. The usual first choice widemen Kostic and Da Costa almost always play well. While the centre of midfield looks solid with Rode, Sow and Kohr. While Paciencia is partnered with the in form Kamada up front.

I am feeling optimistic.

Goal Frankfurt!! Hinteregger with a tidy finish! The move started from a short corner, eventually the ball comes to the Toure, who lays it off to Hinteregger in the box and he duly responds with a well placed goal. Nice to see the two defenders combining well there in attack after a corner.

It's a straight red card for Kohr in the 44th minute! I have to say that it is a deserved red card as Kohr brought down Oztunali when he was through on goal. This will now really give Mainz a chance to get back into the game.

Kohr has not had the best of games this evening, even prior to his sending off. Hopefully Frankfurt play sensibly and are able to maintain their lead. Ronnow has just made an excellent save from Kunde's free kick right at the end of the first half. 

The second half will be intriguing.

Mainz have equalised, Onisiwo turned in St Juste's long range shot. Mainz have pressed though from the start of the 2nd have, earlier Ronnow made an excellent save from Edmilson's shot. Mainz have also just had another goal, but it doesn't count because it was offside.

Right now, I'd be satisfied with a draw.

Mainz take the lead 2-1 now, the big Hungarian center forward Szalai scores a beautiful goal, after Onisiwo headed a cross down to him, Szalali turned his man a shot home from close range. Mainz have been threatening from the start of the 2nd half with their 1 man advantage. First Ronnow made a super save from Onisiwo and then a few minutes later Ronnow spilled a powerful long range effort only to excellently block the close range rebound. 

But eventually Mainz's pressure has paid off and the red card has really changed the dynamics of this game. Joveljic has just come on for Rode, so it looks like Hutter is not wasting time looking for the equaliser.

Mainz win 2-1 and gain 3 more points. The red card obviously played its part in this game. But near the end Kostic had a good shot saved and then Kamada messed up right at the end of the game when he had options to pass to players either side of him. But in truth Mainz were much the better side in the 2nd half in that 2nd half and Ronnow made several more saves to the ones I have already mentioned.

All in all we started well, but credit to Mainz, they took full advantage of their 2nd half one man advantage to turn Frankfurt's first 1-0 lead to 2-1 in favour of Mainz. Their pressing game also helped them create several chances in the 2nd half.

Well done to Mainz and back to the drawing board for us.

4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Fuck me, we're down to 15th again. Makes our point against Hoffenheim even more important though. 

Yes, Mainz's second win on the trot in the league has propelled them to 12th place, leaving you guys in 15th. You guys will have to watch out that Hertha or Koln don't catch you up soon.

15 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yes, Mainz's second win on the trot in the league has propelled them to 12th place, leaving you guys in 15th. You guys will have to watch out that Hertha or Koln don't catch you up soon.

Yup, and there's hoping that the new-coach-effect Mainz are having right now will wear off. Gonna be a very tough season, but there are some positive signs, like the 2nd half against Hoffenheim, that keep me hopeful. 

8 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yup, and there's hoping that the new-coach-effect Mainz are having right now will wear off. Gonna be a very tough season, but there are some positive signs, like the 2nd half against Hoffenheim, that keep me hopeful. 

I think it will be a scrap at the bottom, as there are several decent sides fighting for their survival. Paderborn are the only side who I can quite confidently say will go down from what I have seen. But which other team will automatically get relegated is anyone's guess.

So the Frankfurt fans were burning flares, and the referee sent Sebastian Rode to the stands to speak to them. He came back to the referee and said: "They told me to piss off." :4_joy:

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

So the Frankfurt fans were burning flares, and the referee sent Sebastian Rode to the stands to speak to them. He came back to the referee and said: "They told me to piss off." :4_joy:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: At least he was honest about what they said ROFL!

14 hours ago, Michael said:

Mainz take the lead 2-1 now, the big Hungarian center forward Szalai scores a beautiful goal, after Onisiwo headed a cross down to him, Szalali turned his man a shot home from close range.

He had a rough time with us - trying very hard without much success but still kept his place in the International team. At least it gives hope to Burgstaller who is having the same torrid unsuccessful time with us at present.  A move to a new club might spark his game into light again, but - as with Adam S - it's not working at the moment.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived