talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2019/20 [13. Spieltag] - 29 Nov-2nd December 2019

football forum

26 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

He had a rough time with us - trying very hard without much success but still kept his place in the International team. At least it gives hope to Burgstaller who is having the same torrid unsuccessful time with us at present.  A move to a new club might spark his game into light again, but - as with Adam S - it's not working at the moment.

Yes, Szalai has been a consistent regular starter for Hungary over the past decade, in fact he has probably been their best striker during that period. Scoring 21 international goals in 61 caps for Hungary is not a bad record. His last goal came this November just gone against Uruguay. He also scored Hungary's first goal against a strong Croatia team this year, in a Euro 2020 qualifier, inspiring Hungary to a 2-1 win over the Croats.

To be honest, I prefer Szalai to Burgstaller. Sure Szalai also had a tough time at Schalke just as Burgstaller has, but Szalai has better technique and he seems more effective than his Austrian counterpart. 

I think that if you set out teams to suit the strengths of Szalai and Burgstaller, I reckon that Szalai would offer a lot more. He is the more complete forward in my opinion. He doesn't fluff as many chances as Burgstaller does and Szalai has delivered in big games for Hungary, like his crucial goal for Hungary against Austria at Euro 2016. Szalai's scoring record at Mainz was quite good as well, where he averaged a goal every 3 games for a struggling club.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived