• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - 30 Nov - 2nd December, 2019

football forum

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

It's a good job we are 2 - 0 up because this second half we have been totally bossed... at home.... to Brighton....

We need to step things up because this run we are on will totally turn around and lose us the league if we dont up our game.

I think you’ll be seeing that a lot this month. We’re going to keep trying to get a lead quick and then conserve energy and hang on for a win.

This red card isn’t going to help conserve energy at all though.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think you’ll be seeing that a lot this month. We’re going to keep trying to get a lead quick and then conserve energy and hang on for a win.

This red card isn’t going to help conserve energy at all though.

This month? Weve been hanging on in games all season!. We haven't kept a clean sheet in about 10 games now. 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

This month? Weve been hanging on in games all season!. We haven't kept a clean sheet in about 10 games now. 

This month is going to be entirely about smash and grab though. It’s going to be a long grueling season of this probably

10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

This month is going to be entirely about smash and grab though. It’s going to be a long grueling season of this probably

Just dont understand why our defence has gone to shit and we struggle to score goals until the end of games?

It's too early for the players to be shitting themselves. Dont get me wrong, our results in the league this season are amazing. But fuck me, cant we just keep a clean sheet and win one convincingly? 

I've a fear nerves are already getting to the players. 

Look, even now whilst winning with 3 minutes left... we are absolutely wide open at the back!? What has happened to our defence? Cant get the ball off Brighton xD

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Just dont understand why our defence has gone to shit and we struggle to score goals until the end of games?

It's too early for the players to be shitting themselves. Dont get me wrong, our results in the league this season are amazing. But fuck me, cant we just keep a clean sheet and win one convincingly? 

I've a fear nerves are already getting to the players. 

I mean today we don’t have a clean sheet because of a quickly taken free kick against a wall that was inexcusably not ready, against a keeper telling that wall to get ready and who had literally just come onto the pitch.

We’ve also been without our starting keeper for a decent portion of this season. And we’ve put in a lot of really good performances, it’s not like we’re just shithousing our way to victory.

But if you’re expecting us to be perfect this month you’re not being realistic. At our best we are the highest tempo side in the league, we can only do that in spurts when we’ve got a match every 3-4 days.

Be happy we can grind out results while in first gear, because around the end of the season that’s where we’ll be needing those extra gears.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

3 points. What’s the gap at now?

Let’s hope Everton do us a favour lol

11 points before we play. 

Said it all season. Sign of champions to pick up 3 points when performances haven't been great, and holding on in instances like this when down to 10 men. 

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I mean today we don’t have a clean sheet because of a quickly taken free kick against a wall that was inexcusably not ready, against a keeper telling that wall to get ready and who had literally just come onto the pitch.

We’ve also been without our starting keeper for a decent portion of this season. And we’ve put in a lot of really good performances, it’s not like we’re just shithousing our way to victory.

But if you’re expecting us to be perfect this month you’re not being realistic. At our best we are the highest tempo side in the league, we can only do that in spurts when we’ve got a match every 3-4 days.

Be happy we can grind out results while in first gear, because around the end of the season that’s where we’ll be needing those extra gears.

Oh I'm more than happy winning 3 points every game playing shite. On the bright side..  imagine pissing the league playing like this..what will we do to teams when we start playing well? xD

One of them games. Cruising at 2-0, Brighton had a couple of chances after that then we could have finished it off before Alisson was sent off then it's backs to the wall once they get their goal. 3 points not complaining. 

As of there's people moaning at an 11 point gap at this stage

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

One of them games. Cruising at 2-0, Brighton had a couple of chances after that then we could have finished it off before Alisson was sent off then it's backs to the wall once they get their goal. 3 points not complaining. 

As of there's people moaning at an 11 point gap at this stage

Who's moaning at an 11 point gap? Need their head checking if they are xD

Kovacic the only one really to hold his head up high. Phenomenal this season. Reece James was outstanding as well bar the goal we conceded. Thought Creswell did brilliantly there.

We missed Tammy badly. Giroud looked so off pace and Pedro awful. Lampard needs to take blame for not getting them minutes, or at least subbing them in now and again. Lampard also yet again needs to work on in-game management. Playing a false 9 with 15 minutes to go and whipping in crosses, made no sense whatsoever. 

Freak result. Games like this will happen with our young team. Time to put our vow of patience into practice. 

Just now, LFCMike said:

You're moaning about the defence and us not winning convincingly. Who's arsed? We're winning games, that's all that matters

I'm not moaning at all. Fuck me, I made a comment about our defence not being up to scratch (which is true). You denying that?

Of course I'm loving winning whilst playing shite. Who wouldn't?

Jesus christ xD Wait while we start playing well :D

6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I'm not moaning at all. Fuck me, I made a comment about our defence not being up to scratch (which is true). You denying that?

Of course I'm loving winning whilst playing shite. Who wouldn't?

Jesus christ xD Wait while we start playing well :D

It's not what it was last season but last season unreal at this point, we'd conceded about 5 goals going into December.

We're still not conceding more than one a game which is why we're so good and always find a way

• Administrator

Nice to see the achievement from David Martin for West Ham. Debut at 33 in the league. Clean sheet at Stamford Bridge. Lot of attention on him due to his dad playing for the Hammers too. 

8 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

It's not what it was last season but last season unreal at this point, we'd conceded about 5 goals going into December.

We're still not conceding more than one a game which is why we're so good and always find a way

I know mate. Didnt want a big debate. Was just saying our defense has gone to shit lately imo. I'm loving it though. Not playing well and winning is never a bad thing. Like I said, wait till we start playing well :D

• The topic was unpinned

Archived