Other Matches - 30 Nov - 2nd December, 2019

football forum

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

So simple but so effective 

Well done Jose playing Dele back in his real position

Hes such a special talent when he’s played as advanced as he has been the last few weeks and it’s no surprise he’s hit this form.

Should have been a slaughtering today - we were really good 

51 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I won’t be confident until we’ve actually won it

Even then you might get a points deduction and loose the title :219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

Wouldn’t be complaining about our defensive record too much. Don’t forget we have been without one of our first choice centre backs and Allison was out for a few games. Even still, it’s not like we are shipping 3/4 goals a game is it. Our defensive record last year was outrageous. There was just no way you can keep that up, nevermind improve on it. 

We are 11 points clear...in November. Bloody fantastic start from us and we continue to grind out results even when we haven’t been at our best. But let’s not skew this season and make it out as of every game has been a slog. We have been much better than many of the teams we have played this season; it’s not been ya scraping last ditch wins even though we have done a lot of that in recent games. 

There is a long way to go, and City are not gonna go away. The next month is going to be very testing on this squad. Hopefully we can keep the gap mostly intact come January. 

City continuing to drop points all over the gaff, Long may it continue. A lot of people aren't really taking Leicester seriously in the title race which is a dangerous game after what they were able to do just a few seasons ago and now they have a better team who look hungry. 

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

How does this side compare to the late 80s side?

We last won it in 1990 :D

Anyway, to answer your question the team from the late 80's is farely comparible. A great front 2/3 (Barnes, Beardsley Rush), a really hard working midfield (Whelan, Mcmahon, Houghton, with a touch of class with Molby) and a solid defence (Hanson, Nicol, Staunton, Gillespie etc). Goalkeeper wasnt bad either (Grobbelaar). We were even better in the mid-80's when Aldridge etc was here. 

Did you ever watch them? They were great! Same as this team.

Anyway, I was just saying the defense could do with tightening up a little, that's all. We haven't kept a clean sheet in ages and I just think that's not a positive. Didnt think that thought process would upset so many people xD 

Anyone would think I said I fucking hate us ffs xD

47 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

We last won it in 1990 :D

Anyway, to answer your question the team from the late 80's is farely comparible. A great front 2/3 (Barnes, Beardsley Rush), a really hard working midfield (Whelan, Mcmahon, Houghton, with a touch of class with Molby) and a solid defence (Hanson, Nicol, Staunton, Gillespie etc). Goalkeeper wasnt bad either (Grobbelaar). We were even better in the mid-80's when Aldridge etc was here. 

Did you ever watch them? They were great! Same as this team.

Anyway, I was just saying the defense could do with tightening up a little, that's all. We haven't kept a clean sheet in ages and I just think that's not a positive. Didnt think that thought process would upset so many people xD 

Anyone would think I said I fucking hate us ffs xD

I've only seen bits of the late 80s side (the forest 5-0 game mainly) but they were great and that's what I use as comparison to this side really. 

When I say late 80s I mean 88 with Barnes, Aldridge, Beardsley, Houghton etc as that's generally considered Liverpool's greatest side outside of the 78/79 side

4 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Just dont understand why our defence has gone to shit and we struggle to score goals until the end of games?

It's too early for the players to be shitting themselves. Dont get me wrong, our results in the league this season are amazing. But fuck me, cant we just keep a clean sheet and win one convincingly? 

I've a fear nerves are already getting to the players. 

Look, even now whilst winning with 3 minutes left... we are absolutely wide open at the back!? What has happened to our defence? Cant get the ball off Brighton xD

My feeling it's that there is not the same zero-tolerance-to-concede mentality that we had in Virgil and Allison's first full season. 

4 hours ago, LFCMike said:

You're moaning about the defence and us not winning convincingly. Who's arsed? We're winning games, that's all that matters

There's still scope for a post Match discussion to focus on the improvement areas without it being moaning. The concern I have is we're getting used to conceding and still winning... That makes it harder to get our head back towards clean sheets as the routine which is something that really would make the back end of the season go a lot easier for us.

1 minute ago, Harry said:

My feeling it's that there is not the same zero-tolerance-to-concede mentality that we had in Virgil and Allison's first full season. 

There's still scope for a post Match discussion to focus on the improvement areas without it being moaning. The concern I have is we're getting used to conceding and still winning... That makes it harder to get our head back towards clean sheets as the routine which is something that really would make the back end of the season go a lot easier for us.

Clean sheets don't matter of you're winning games. Liverpool aren't perfect but they almost are over the last 18 months

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

I've only seen bits of the late 80s side (the forest 5-0 game mainly) but they were great and that's what I use as comparison to this side really. 

When I say late 80s I mean 88 with Barnes, Aldridge, Beardsley, Houghton etc as that's generally considered Liverpool's greatest side outside of the 78/79 side

Yeah it was a great side mate. I've actually got that 5 - 0 against Forest on the old VHS video 🤣 Widely considered as one of the best club football performances ever. Magical. 

That's when I was a regular match going fan, up until about 98. From being about 12 to 22 yrs old. Them were the days. I stopped going because I moved to South Yorkshire due to work commitments, which is where I met my wife. 

This current team though is seriously making me want to go back home xD

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, UNORTHODOX said:

City continuing to drop points all over the gaff, Long may it continue. A lot of people aren't really taking Leicester seriously in the title race which is a dangerous game after what they were able to do just a few seasons ago and now they have a better team who look hungry. 

Took until February last time, and by then, it was just that bit too late :D

30 minutes ago, Dan said:

Took until February last time, and by then, it was just that bit too late :D

Yeah and even then in Febuary everybody was expecting them to impload and finish the season in 4th or something like that. As we know winning lots of games brings belief to the team which is what they relied on at the back end of that season. I for 1 am not writing them off at all despite how good we are.

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@LFCMadLad @LFCMike @Dr. Gonzo you have to be 95% confident of winning it now?

I doubt any of us are going to be confident till its the last game of the season and we have a 4 point difference between us and second place and even then we'd find some way to not convince ourselves haha.

• Subscriber

All I saw on my phone was Virgil scoring one then scoring another and Trent with both assists so I put it away and I figured this is in the bag. I then find out this morning that the Alisson has gotten a red? Hmm. I don't think we'll really suffer because his backup is actually not shabby at all. 

3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

What a smarmy little cunt he is. Hate him. Great goal. Still hope he gets syphilis.

He’s got a face that just screams “I am one of the worst people on the face of this planet.”

Grear goal though and imo anyone affiliated with Man Utd is actually one of the worst people on the planet, so he can’t be that bad

1 minute ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I don’t understand the hate at all, it’s irrational he’s not a diver, is an all round good lad off the pitch. 

He just looks like a cunt. He probably isn’t one, but it’s just how he looks

• The topic was unpinned

Archived