• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, shut up said:

yesssssss

i am DESPERATE for Arteta to be manager

Hands off.

I can't get on Twitter at work but I imagine the fume on Everton twitter over another club being more decisive than us in sacking an underperforming manager will be good patter to catch up on later.

Ljungberg only has an UEFA A License not Pro so can only manage us for 12 weeks and cannot take charge of European games. So I fully expect a new first team coach to be appointed shortly. Poch rumours swirling, I cant see it though maybe Arteta this time although that does worry me. 

Solskjaer out living everyone here somehow. Only Marco Silva to beat now. 

27 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Turns out that appointing the only guy in the last 9 years who has somehow figured out a way to lose the title with PSG, and who presided over the most enormous bottling in CL history, was not a good idea. 

Who'd have thought. 

Bit of a harsh cut off point when Ancelotti was the manager before him that managed that feat.

Always going to be a tough job for Emery, shame it didn't work out as I like him.

All being said, feel quite sorry for Emery. He is clearly a very good coach with a more than adequate CV, but ultimately he was the wrong coach for us. I just don't think his style is suited to clubs with high ambitions. 

He will get another job most definitely, I'd imagine somewhere in Spain where he does his best work. I also think the language barrier was an issue as well. Fair play to the man he tried his absolute best and never shyed away from interviews, but it must've been very difficult for him to get his point across. Wish him the best wherever he goes. 

10 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Bit of a harsh cut off point when Ancelotti was the manager before him that managed that feat.

Always going to be a tough job for Emery, shame it didn't work out as I like him.

He was hired because of his Europa League records. I had doubts because his league record wasn't brilliant but I was happy at the time. Hindsight is a wonderful thing

3 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

All being said, feel quite sorry for Emery. He is clearly a very good coach with a more than adequate CV, but ultimately he was the wrong coach for us. I just don't think his style is suited to clubs with high ambitions. 

He will get another job most definitely, I'd imagine somewhere in Spain where he does his best work. I also think the language barrier was an issue as well. Fair play to the man he tried his absolute best and never shyed away from interviews, but it must've been very difficult for him to get his point across. Wish him the best wherever he goes. 

I feel sorry for him as well. I'm not a bitter person I know he tried his best, that's all you can ask.

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I feel sorry for him as well. I'm not a bitter person I know he tried his best, that's all you can ask.

Exactly that mate, it didn't work out it happens in football. We now move on and try again, getting the right coach isn't easy and replacing one who was here over 2 decades was always likely to be tough. 

17 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

The thing is Ancelotti was brought in when they were establishing themselves as a superclub, Emery took over when they were at the peak of their dominance. 

Plus Ancelotti is not that great a league manager either. 

This is the best decision for all, Emery really seems a nice guy and no one meant it personally on him but he just was not suited for the job, that is the nature of the business as he will get another job soon.

What really concerns me going forward is the head of the football now Raul Sanllehi, he has spent a lot of money but every player has been so bad and Pepe looks a complete waste of money, again this could be down to Emery but we have to wait and see.   It's also all on Raul now to recruit a coach that can turn this mess around.

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

And his Europa League record.

Arsenal really should of been looking to finish in the top 4, the money side for the Coach was probably the main reason though why they went for someone like Emery,  it seems that Emery was never really a long time plan.   Lets hope now someone can come in who has real leadership as there is an issues within the squad.

5 minutes ago, Inverted said:

The thing is Ancelotti was brought in when they were establishing themselves as a superclub, Emery took over when they were at the peak of their dominance. 

Plus Ancelotti is not that great a league manager either. 

That Monaco team got 95 points ffs, PSG have only beaten that points total once since they were taken over. I understand why people give him stick, but that Monaco team was superb that season. 

Yeah Allegri, Ancelotti and Poch being mentioned. Who knows though hopefully we get it right this time, much better selection of coaches this time round. 

I rather Arsenal get a young up and coming coach, they need to bring through youth and restructure the club.  We are not going to do much this season with these players unless a miracle happens and they turn their poor form around and cut out the mistakes.   

• The title was changed to Unai Emery Sacked By Arsenal; Mikel Arteta Hired

Archived