talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Unai Emery Sacked By Arsenal; Mikel Arteta Hired

49 minutes ago, Panna King said:

No you are misunderstanding the point, I said we need a core of players that have come through the club not an actual team of 11 youth players.  We also have no leaders whatsoever and a lot of players are so out of touch with the fan base.    The team we have at the moment are so mentally weak and average with a lot of crap floating about in it also.    

That's fair enough. That's kind of what I meant anyway. We need a mix of youth and experience. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

All you Arsenal guys, what do you reckon on this choice by David Seaman :D

Quote.thumb.png.75effad1b8c7e37299a0585974effa3f.png

Arsenal sack Emery: Patrick Vieira 'right man' to take over says, David Seaman

Patrick Vieira is the "right man" to become Arsenal boss, according to former Gunners goalkeeper David Seaman.

Arsenal is starting their search for a new manager for only the second time in 23 years after sacking Unai Emery.

Ex-Gunners captain Vieira, now manager of Nice, could be a candidate.

"I am sure Arsenal fans would love Patrick to come back to the club. Knowing Patrick, I think he would be the right man," Seaman told BBC Radio 5 Live's Football Daily Podcast.

"I knew what he was like as a player. I knew what he was like as a captain. He was a born leader and everybody knows that. Maybe go down that route instead of a tried and tested route."

Freddie Ljungberg, 42, is the caretaker boss but Seaman says he hopes his former team-mate does not get the job. "This job is much bigger than what Freddie is used to at the moment," said the ex-England international.

"He has only just got into the coaching side of the game and he will be really avant-garde as a manager but while he is taking charge now, please try and get some sort of defensive formation sorted out."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50601413

3 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

All you Arsenal guys, what do you reckon on this choice by David Seaman :D

Quote.thumb.png.75effad1b8c7e37299a0585974effa3f.png

Arsenal sack Emery: Patrick Vieira 'right man' to take over says, David Seaman

Patrick Vieira is the "right man" to become Arsenal boss, according to former Gunners goalkeeper David Seaman.

Arsenal is starting their search for a new manager for only the second time in 23 years after sacking Unai Emery.

Ex-Gunners captain Vieira, now manager of Nice, could be a candidate.

"I am sure Arsenal fans would love Patrick to come back to the club. Knowing Patrick, I think he would be the right man," Seaman told BBC Radio 5 Live's Football Daily Podcast.

"I knew what he was like as a player. I knew what he was like as a captain. He was a born leader and everybody knows that. Maybe go down that route instead of a tried and tested route."

Freddie Ljungberg, 42, is the caretaker boss but Seaman says he hopes his former team-mate does not get the job. "This job is much bigger than what Freddie is used to at the moment," said the ex-England international.

"He has only just got into the coaching side of the game and he will be really avant-garde as a manager but while he is taking charge now, please try and get some sort of defensive formation sorted out."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50601413

Nope. He did well last season getting results with a mediocre squad, but this season the squad's been improved and it's been a disaster. Boring football and ridiculous decisions (constantly playing players out of position) week after week have led to their fans wanting him out. Not ready for a big club.

• Subscriber

It was inevitable, he'd been a dead man walking for months in my eyes to be honest. He is far from the only problem at Arsenal but he'd lost his way to a point they just couldn't possibly keep him on. I saw people a few weeks ago saying they'll wait until the end of the season but it's always a bit of a myth, when things get so bad you hit a point that something's just got to change.

Emery's problem was it was tactical anarchy. He reminded me of someone playing Football Manager at a new club in pre-season, trying out new formations - only the problem is this was his permanent stance. No identity.

You've also had problems with players there. Again, you have to question the man management.

He was a dead man walking and it was obvious a long time ago.

8 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Just heard from a source, Rafa Benetiz will be coach on Monday. 

Rather have Emery. Great coach in his day but don't want him at arsenal.

• Subscriber

Always funny seeing the ex-teammates of a said prospective manager talking it up against all logic. What has Vieira done as a manager that gets him near a job like Arsenal? It's the same with Solskjaer, when you hear Neville and whoever absolutely slating everything about the club but refusing to say a word against one of the obvious problems. Conflict of interest. Sense it and avoid it.

• Subscriber

Sorry to treble post, but another point - surely Arsenal's recruitment needs a total overhaul if it hasn't had one in the last couple of years. Their recruitment policy is nonexistent.

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Always funny seeing the ex-teammates of a said prospective manager talking it up against all logic. What has Vieira done as a manager that gets him near a job like Arsenal? It's the same with Solskjaer, when you hear Neville and whoever absolutely slating everything about the club but refusing to say a word against one of the obvious problems. Conflict of interest. Sense it and avoid it.

It would be hard though wouldn't it. I mean wouldn't you find it hard to absolutely hammer your friend? To be honest Neville doesn't critisize managers that much anyway he tends to critisize players more.

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

He's a step up from Emery for me.

Don't think there is much in it really.  Definitely won't get us to the level we want to be at.

• Subscriber
34 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

It would be hard though wouldn't it. I mean wouldn't you find it hard to absolutely hammer your friend? To be honest Neville doesn't critisize managers that much anyway he tends to critisize players more.

I would, but I'd also accept that failing to do so is making my point slightly redundant - if you are looking for a clear and unbiased opinion on my friend for his suitability for a job, then you aren't going to ask me.

Seems like a nice guy but things looked hopeless and a change was needed. His first 6 months were good but as time went on and the more the team become his, the worse we got. Lost the dressing room as well by mismanaging a load of players. Will be interesting to see who we go for.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Sorry to treble post, but another point - surely Arsenal's recruitment needs a total overhaul if it hasn't had one in the last couple of years. Their recruitment policy is nonexistent.

They absolutely smashed it out the park with Guendouzi and Tierney (though the latter should have been an obvious signing for basically anyone needing a left back), which makes the rest quite baffling. 

57 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Seems like a nice guy but things looked hopeless and a change was needed. His first 6 months were good but as time went on and the more the team become his, the worse we got. Lost the dressing room as well by mismanaging a load of players. Will be interesting to see who we go for.

Who would you like?

Reports from Italy are saying allegri doesn't want to coach again untill next season. Personally I'd be happy to give him the job and have an interim in the meantime.

9 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Arteta is untested. Don't know why people are so keen on him. 

Experience looking over Peps shoulder and detailed knowledge of the club. You could do worse.

2 hours ago, Panna King said:

Just heard from a source, Rafa Benetiz will be coach on Monday

Good appointment. Will stabilise them defensively. And bring to the north London derby the old rivalry with Jose.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Inverted said:

They absolutely smashed it out the park with Guendouzi and Tierney (though the latter should have been an obvious signing for basically anyone needing a left back), which makes the rest quite baffling. 

A blind squirrel will still find the odd nut. Sven's recruitment at Leicester was absolutely classic Sven but he still managed to sort us a quality goalkeeper for the next 10 years.

Their recruitment is dog shit. Not even Arsenal will get it wrong every time. There's no method in it. How can you have such big problems in defence and midfield yet decide to lash seventy odd million at a winger, who has been so far massively underwhelming anyway? It's madness. It's a cardinal sin for me. Fix your main problems before anything.

10 hours ago, Dan said:

A blind squirrel will still find the odd nut. Sven's recruitment at Leicester was absolutely classic Sven but he still managed to sort us a quality goalkeeper for the next 10 years.

Their recruitment is dog shit. Not even Arsenal will get it wrong every time. There's no method in it. How can you have such big problems in defence and midfield yet decide to lash seventy odd million at a winger, who has been so far massively underwhelming anyway? It's madness. It's a cardinal sin for me. Fix your main problems before anything.

They brought Edu in over the Summer so I imagine we’ll see his work over the next couple of transfer windows.

• The title was changed to Unai Emery Sacked By Arsenal; Mikel Arteta Hired

Archived