talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Unai Emery Sacked By Arsenal; Mikel Arteta Hired

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I agree. I think it’s pretty shocking how quickly the stability and planning went away and how far away it all seems now - which was my initial point.

Yeah, it just seems there is no long term plan at the club and even right now everything is just falling apart.  

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Can you imagine the fucking migraines Rafa would get working with Mustafi and David Luiz?

The man worked with Djimi Traore. He's well experienced in this department.

After doing my own scouting of the manager network and looking at the possible coaches taking over the club, there are not that many that match, the job itself is not really that appealing that some might think.  I have heard also that Allegeri had already had talks with the club 18 months ago and he was not impressed at all so he turned the job down, he has also turned the opportunity again down moving his attentions elsewhere.  

There are a few coaches who would take the job, like Van Bronckhorst, Eddie Howe, Marclino Toral also rumours coming out of Italy is that Ancelotti is very unhappy at Napoli due to their owners, so maybe he would be a good choice. 

Rafa is a good shout but it would mean Arsenal would have to pay around 12 million to get him free from his current club contract, this would only be a short term solution.  I cannot see Poch taking over Arsenal as there will be other jobs for him free any time from now. 

Everton sack their manager and get an immediate bounce back under the assistant manager. Arsenal sack their manager and the assistant manager makes no difference.

Curious.

Is that the contrast between a team whose mentality needed a boost versus a team whose football needs an overhaul?

9 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Everton sack their manager and get an immediate bounce back under the assistant manager. Arsenal sack their manager and the assistant manager makes no difference.

Curious.

Is that the contrast between a team whose mentality needed a boost versus a team whose football needs an overhaul?

Arsenal have pretty big issues outside of their football imo that definitely cross into mentality issues. This season we’ve seen their ex-captain act in a way you never really see captains at, even in the face of enormous criticism. And the replacement captain left the pitch while they were losing to take a shit before coming back on... and when he came back on is when the manager noticed.

That sorta shite isn’t something you see at clubs where you don’t question the mentality of the players imo.

But I also feel they definitely need a football overhaul as well, because they obviously do.

1 hour ago, Panna King said:

It will be a disaster, there is an issue within the squad that needs to be sorted out and we need a strong character in charge, also we are in a relegation battle.

Yeah I have massive concerns about the culture surrounding the squad currently. I hope Arteta is a big enough character to do it. Emery to his credit tried, but received a lot of backlash from not only the players but the fans. 

1 hour ago, shut up said:

Nah, we need a reset and arteta is the man to do it. Glad all the usual people on here who are constantly wrong on everything arent backing him though. That gives me hope its the right choice.

What trust do you actually have in this board and what have they actually got right since they have been in charge the last year like wasting a load of money, Raul Sanllehi has been a shambles a long with the rest of them.  Things won't improve until you have real football people above the coach, not just people who know how to pay off agents. 

4 minutes ago, shut up said:

The board won't be coaching or picking the team 

Isn't Sanllehi your DoF though? Not really a board member tbh, he's just right above the manager in terms of culpability. Another failed manager change, and I think his role in Arsenal needs to be considered.

I thought whoever was coming in after Wenger would have a tough job on their hands. I suspect whoever comes in after Emery will have a tougher job - though this season's basically a write off so it's a good chance for a new manager to get a feel for the squad and decide who he wants to keep and who he wants to get rid of.

Some talk of Vieira being considered a serious candidate. Ornstein said we spoke to him last week and other journalists reporting he is our first choice apparently. Has experience, but has been highly criticised for his work at Nice, wouldn't fill me with confidence. 

• The title was changed to Unai Emery Sacked By Arsenal; Mikel Arteta Hired

Archived