talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Unai Emery Sacked By Arsenal; Mikel Arteta Hired

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Danny said:

They brought Edu in over the Summer so I imagine we’ll see his work over the next couple of transfer windows.

Fair. Could be the move that gets them back on track. Time will tell.

Something's definitely got to change with their recruitment. They fall into just about every trap going.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Dan said:

Fair. Could be the move that gets them back on track. Time will tell.

Something's definitely got to change with their recruitment. They fall into just about every trap going.

The new guys like Edu etc seem to be the problem, they have clearly bought players that Emery didn't want as they didn't fit his system which has caused the problem this season. 

• The title was changed to Unai Emery Sacked By Arsenal; Ljungberg Takes Over Temporarily

Interesting thing I have noticed is that pochettino has not come out and said he doesn't want the arsenal job. Which makes me think he must at least be considering it.

51 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Interesting thing I have noticed is that pochettino has not come out and said he doesn't want the arsenal job. Which makes me think he must at least be considering it.

Has he even been offered the job? You have to offered it to consider it. 

24 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Has he even been offered the job? You have to offered it to consider it. 

I've read there has been contact. But I think if he definitely didn't want it he would say. Apparently  it is still possible we might get Allegri even though he said he didn't want the job. Maybe he meant not now but possibly next season.

4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I've read there has been contact. But I think if he definitely didn't want it he would say. Apparently  it is still possible we might get Allegri even though he said he didn't want the job. Maybe he meant not now but possibly next season.

I've not read Arsenal have contacted Poch? Where have you read that? 

10 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I've not read Arsenal have contacted Poch? Where have you read that? 

Not sure mate. Might not be true. But I think he would make some kind of social media statement if he definitely didn't want it.

5 hours ago, shut up said:

sounds like the board are gonna take their time with this next appointment, the fuckers

Is that a bad thing? This season’s basically a write off at this point and it’s after you’ve spent a lot of money.

Better to take the time to make the right appointment than just rushing into getting a new manager without much thought into the type of the football being played and throwing money at players that don’t actually address any of the problems Arsenal actually have.

It makes sense to me that the club that thought “we’ve got issues with our defenders making questionable decisions, let’s sign David Luiz” would later decide “hey let’s think about our decisions a bit more, eh?”

7 minutes ago, shut up said:

Nah, it's pretty obvious who is out there. you can't compare signing players to appointing a manager. should have been sorted already.

Agree. Arsenal surely wouldn't have sacked Emery without knowing exactly who they wanted to replace him? Emery's sacking wasnt just on a whim, they will have been planning this for months. 

My guess is that the replacement is only available in the summer, hence why not being appointed now.

10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Is that a bad thing? This season’s basically a write off at this point and it’s after you’ve spent a lot of money.

Better to take the time to make the right appointment than just rushing into getting a new manager without much thought into the type of the football being played and throwing money at players that don’t actually address any of the problems Arsenal actually have.

It makes sense to me that the club that thought “we’ve got issues with our defenders making questionable decisions, let’s sign David Luiz” would later decide “hey let’s think about our decisions a bit more, eh?”

The club should know who they want to replace him with tbh, very poor contingency planning not to have done background checks on identified targets.

3 hours ago, Danny said:

The club should know who they want to replace him with tbh, very poor contingency planning not to have done background checks on identified targets.

I wouldn’t say Arsenal are a particularly well run club though.

22 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It’s actually pretty mental how things have gone tits up for them after decades of stability

The saying Arsenal were well run is a huge myth, they have now been left behind due to a poor oversee of the football club and how it was controlled by a few individuals.  It is just a huge mess due to past failings with contracts, failing to gain Champions League,  no structure at the club.  The only thing stable was money coming in but Arsenal have spent money as well which again has been poorly spent.  The way Aaron Ramsey left the club also is criminal and a player who is not part of the team is left on 350K a week.

24 minutes ago, Panna King said:

The saying Arsenal were well run is a huge myth, they have now been left behind due to a poor oversee of the football club and how it was controlled by a few individuals.  It is just a huge mess due to past failings with contracts, failing to gain Champions League,  no structure at the club.  The only thing stable was money coming in but Arsenal have spent money as well which again has been poorly spent.  The way Aaron Ramsey left the club also is criminal and a player who is not part of the team is left on 350K a week.

There were 2 decades where you were one of 2 clubs challenging for the title. Arsenal were definitely well run then

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

There were 2 decades where you were one of 2 clubs challenging for the title. Arsenal were definitely well run then

That was a very long time ago and we were not at the Emirates.   The new stadium and ownership since then has a had a big downfall on the club.

1 hour ago, Panna King said:

That was a very long time ago and we were not at the Emirates.   The new stadium and ownership since then has a had a big downfall on the club.

I agree. I think it’s pretty shocking how quickly the stability and planning went away and how far away it all seems now - which was my initial point.

• The title was changed to Unai Emery Sacked By Arsenal; Mikel Arteta Hired

Archived